Act 1, Part 1
• A, an old woman, sits in her chair. B, a middle aged woman, sits on a bench at the foot of a large bed. C, a young woman, sits at a desk.
• A, B and C have an argument about how old A is. A calls B a "he."
• A frets about what day it is, disagrees when B tells her, then teases C about it being "today."
• C speaks sharply to her, B speaks sharply in response, and A starts to cry. B and C let her cry herself into silence again.
• A suddenly announces she has to go to the bathroom. B helps her into the bathroom, even though A complains that B is hurting her.
• B returns, commenting that it's the same routine every morning: get her set in her chair, and she realizes she has to go. She adds that sometimes they...
This section contains 2,985 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)