|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
2. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
3. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
4. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
(a) The sisters' mother
(b) Andrei's brother
(c) The sister's grandfather
(d) The sisters' father
5. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
6. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
7. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
8. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
9. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
10. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
11. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
12. How old is the character of Vershinin?
13. Who is responsible for the answer to #24?
(a) The army
(b) The police
14. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
15. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
2. Solyony jokes that _______ is made of cockroaches.
3. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
4. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
5. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)