|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Natasha want to not stop by, fearing for her child's rest?
(b) The teacher
(c) The other sisters
(d) Gambling men
2. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
3. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
4. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
5. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
6. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
(a) She doesn't
(b) Telegraph Office
(c) Teacher's Council Office
(d) Canning plant
7. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
8. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
9. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
10. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
11. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
12. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
13. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
14. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) She's still alive
(c) The garden
(d) The backyard
15. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
2. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
3. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
4. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
5. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)