|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
2. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) She's still alive
(b) The backyard
(c) The garden
3. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) A knock at the door
(b) An air raid horn
(c) A violin
(d) A siren
4. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
5. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His wife tried to commit suicide
(b) His daughter has run away
(c) His wife has left him
(d) His house burned down
6. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
7. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
8. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
(a) The United States
(b) Moscow University
(c) The Kremlin's Private College
(d) Moscow College
9. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
10. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
11. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
12. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
13. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
14. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
15. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
2. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
3. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
4. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
5. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)