|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
2. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
3. Who have the sisters been teasing for being in love with a girl who is engaged?
4. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Get married
(b) Translate a book into English
(c) Leave the country
(d) Become a pianist
5. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
6. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
7. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
8. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
9. What is the last name of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
10. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
11. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
12. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
13. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
14. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
15. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) She's still alive
(b) The garden
(d) The backyard
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Solyony joke about being dead, shot by him in 25 years?
2. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
3. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
4. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
5. Solyony jokes that _______ is made of cockroaches.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)