|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
2. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) Telegraphy Office
(b) For the church
(c) She doesn't
(d) Teacher's Council Office
3. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
4. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
5. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
6. What does Masha warn Chebutykin not to do as he has embarrassed himself in the past?
7. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
8. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
9. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
10. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
11. What is going on during this particular time period of the scene?
(a) Carnival Week
(c) Saints Week
12. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
13. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
14. Natasha wonders if the mismatching clothes are some sort of __________.
15. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) The garden
(c) The backyard
(d) She's still alive
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
2. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
3. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
4. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
5. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)