|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
2. Who have the sisters been teasing for being in love with a girl who is engaged?
3. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
(a) A large silver samovar
(b) A large silver statue
(c) A map of Russia
(d) A book of medicines
4. What is said to be far away, though no one knows why?
(a) The church
(b) The market
(c) The train station
(d) The post office
5. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
6. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
7. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
8. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
9. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
10. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
11. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
12. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) An air raid horn
(b) A knock at the door
(c) A violin
(d) A siren
13. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
14. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
15. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
2. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
3. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
4. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
5. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)