|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
2. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) She's still alive
(c) The garden
(d) The backyard
3. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
4. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
5. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
6. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
7. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
8. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
9. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
10. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
11. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
12. Who is upset because one of his daughters is unwell and his wife is in a very bad mood?
13. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
14. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
15. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
2. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
3. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
4. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
5. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)