|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
2. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
3. Who does Masha joke is starting to look like a boy?
4. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
5. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
6. How old is the character of Vershinin?
7. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
8. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
(a) A large silver statue
(b) A book of medicines
(c) A map of Russia
(d) A large silver samovar
9. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
10. What is going on during this particular time period of the scene?
(c) Carnival Week
(d) Saints Week
11. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 11 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 7 years
12. Who has not paid any rent in months according to Masha and Irina's conversation?
13. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
14. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
15. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
2. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
3. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
4. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
5. What is the last name of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)