|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natasha wonders if the mismatching clothes are some sort of __________.
2. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
3. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
4. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
5. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
6. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
7. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
8. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
9. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
10. What is the name of the child over whom Natasha worries excessively?
(d) Andrei Junior
11. Who tells the other characters that the maskers will be there soon?
12. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Translate a book into English
(b) Get married
(c) Become a pianist
(d) Leave the country
13. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
14. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
15. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
2. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
3. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
4. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
5. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)