|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
2. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His daughter has run away
(b) His wife has left him
(c) His house burned down
(d) His wife tried to commit suicide
3. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
4. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
5. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
6. Who is upset because one of his daughters is unwell and his wife is in a very bad mood?
7. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
8. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
9. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
10. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
11. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
12. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
13. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
14. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
15. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) For the church
(b) She doesn't
(c) Telegraphy Office
(d) Teacher's Council Office
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to be far away, though no one knows why?
2. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
3. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
4. Who has resigned from the military and this is revealed to Masha by that character?
5. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)