|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
2. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
3. Who promises to go to university with Andrei even thought it seems this might be an empty promise?
4. Who chatters about the Sunday day of rest, talking endlessly about what it should include?
5. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
6. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
7. How old is the character of Vershinin?
8. Where exactly is the sisters' mother buried?
(a) The backyard
(c) She's still alive
(d) The garden
9. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
10. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
11. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
12. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
13. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 5 years
(b) 11 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 7 years
14. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
15. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
2. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
3. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
4. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
5. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)