|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
2. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
(a) A large silver samovar
(b) A map of Russia
(c) A large silver statue
(d) A book of medicines
3. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 11 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 7 years
4. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
5. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) A knock at the door
(b) An air raid horn
(c) A siren
(d) A violin
6. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
7. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
8. Who does Natasha want to not stop by, fearing for her child's rest?
(a) Gambling men
(b) The teacher
(d) The other sisters
9. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
10. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
11. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
12. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
13. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
14. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
15. What is the last name of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
2. Who gambles again with Andrei and causes him to lose money in the process?
3. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
4. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
5. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)