|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
2. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
3. Who does Solyony joke about being dead, shot by him in 25 years?
4. Who tells the other characters that the maskers will be there soon?
5. Natasha wonders if the mismatching clothes are some sort of __________.
6. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
7. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
8. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His wife tried to commit suicide
(b) His daughter has run away
(c) His wife has left him
(d) His house burned down
9. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
10. Who makes a bad joke that is followed by an awkward silence?
11. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
12. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
13. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
14. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
15. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
2. Solyony jokes that _______ is made of cockroaches.
3. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
4. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
5. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)