|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
2. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
3. Who does Masha joke is starting to look like a boy?
4. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
5. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
6. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) A siren
(b) A knock at the door
(c) A violin
(d) An air raid horn
7. How old is the character of Vershinin?
8. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
9. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 11 years
10. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
11. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
12. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
13. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
14. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
15. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
2. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
3. What is going on during this particular time period of the scene?
4. Who gives Irina a book detailing the history of the school where her sister teaches?
5. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)