|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
2. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
3. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
4. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
5. Who whistles quietly to herself as she reads during the opening part of the play?
6. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
7. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
(a) The United States
(b) The Kremlin's Private College
(c) Moscow College
(d) Moscow University
8. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
9. How old is the character of Vershinin?
10. Who tells the other characters that the maskers will be there soon?
11. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
12. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
13. Who has not paid any rent in months according to Masha and Irina's conversation?
14. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
15. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
2. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
3. Who thinks it's useless to know so many languages?
4. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
5. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)