|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Irina and Olga want to be by the fall in terms of their living situation?
(a) New York
2. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
3. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
4. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
5. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
6. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
7. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
8. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
9. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Get married
(b) Leave the country
(c) Translate a book into English
(d) Become a pianist
10. Who has been named secretary to the council run by Protopopov?
11. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
12. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
13. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
14. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
15. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
2. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
3. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
4. How old is the character of Vershinin?
5. Who invites everyone to dinner within this particular scene?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)