|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
2. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
3. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
4. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
5. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
6. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
7. Who gambles again with Andrei and causes him to lose money in the process?
8. Who is gaining weight according to the observations of the other characters in the play?
9. Who does Tusenbach feel sorry for, as he seems to change moods depending on who he is with?
10. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
11. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
12. Whose Saint's Day is it when the play begins, causing her to be the central focus of the scene at first?
13. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
14. Who is responsible for the answer to #24?
(a) The police
(c) The army
15. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
2. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
3. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
4. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
5. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)