|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
2. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
3. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
4. Who is the one sister who wouldn't be able to go back to Moscow?
5. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
6. Who takes a lot of pictures when he arrives, as he always does?
7. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
8. Who announces Vershinin's arrival into this second part of Act 1?
9. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
10. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
(a) A large silver statue
(b) A book of medicines
(c) A map of Russia
(d) A large silver samovar
11. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
12. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
13. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
14. Natasha wonders if the mismatching clothes are some sort of __________.
15. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Masha joke is starting to look like a boy?
2. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
3. Which character says that teaching gives her headaches, becoming one of the many complaints this character has?
4. Who have the sisters been teasing for being in love with a girl who is engaged?
5. Who has been named secretary to the council run by Protopopov?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)