|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Leave the country
(b) Translate a book into English
(c) Become a pianist
(d) Get married
2. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
3. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
4. Who tells Chebutykin that he has one of the stew ingredients wrong?
5. Who is in love with Masha although it is a bit of scandal that he does?
6. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
7. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
8. Who is the 'lovesick major' the sisters used to tease with that nickname?
9. Who gambles again with Andrei and causes him to lose money in the process?
10. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
11. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
12. How many people are sitting at the table when the dinner is ready to be served?
13. Which of the sisters knows Italian as an additional language to Russian?
14. Who suggests they imagine what like will be like in 200 years?
15. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
2. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
3. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
4. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
5. Who mentions his wife and daughters at the end of the scene?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)