|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
2. When Irina turns down the book, to whom is the book next given?
3. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
4. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
5. Where does Olga now work at the start of Act 2?
(a) Telegraph Office
(b) Teacher's Council Office
(c) Canning plant
(d) She doesn't
6. Where do Irina and Olga want to be by the fall in terms of their living situation?
(b) New York
7. Who carries a large cake as he comes in to visit with the sisters in their home?
8. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
9. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
10. Who rushes into the room and checks herself in the mirror, showing her obsession with herself?
11. Who died exactly a year ago to the day on this Saint's Day, according to the sisters and their memories?
(a) The sisters' father
(b) The sister's grandfather
(c) The sisters' mother
(d) Andrei's brother
12. Who does Tusenbach try to make peace with although it doesn't seem to be successful?
13. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
14. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
15. Who is searching to ensure no servants leave candles burning?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did Masha marry Kulygin, according to the play?
2. Who has come to the sisters' house with a message from the council?
3. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
4. Who brings Vershinin a note during the course of the scene, alerting him to news from home?
5. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)