|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 7 years
(b) 11 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 2 years
2. To whom does Irina comment about Masha's bad mood?
3. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
4. Which character says he loved the sisters' mother?
5. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
6. Who gambles again with Andrei and causes him to lose money in the process?
7. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
8. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
9. What does Vershinin learn from the note he receives?
(a) His wife has left him
(b) His house burned down
(c) His wife tried to commit suicide
(d) His daughter has run away
10. What does Andrei really want to do with his life? What is his current goal?
(a) Translate a book into English
(b) Become a pianist
(c) Get married
(d) Leave the country
11. Who, according to Natasha, speaks very bad French?
12. Who says again that life will never change when they are discussing the idea of what will be in 200 years?
13. Who does Natasha want to not stop by, fearing for her child's rest?
(a) The teacher
(c) Gambling men
(d) The other sisters
14. From what country or city is Vershinin from?
15. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pours the tea when the samovar arrives?
2. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
3. Who have the sisters been teasing for being in love with a girl who is engaged?
4. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
5. Where would Andrei like to be a famous lecturer if he were to have his way?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)