|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Solyony joke about being dead, shot by him in 25 years?
2. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) An air raid horn
(b) A knock at the door
(c) A siren
(d) A violin
3. What is said to be far away, though no one knows why?
(a) The train station
(b) The market
(c) The church
(d) The post office
4. To whom does Vershinin tell the story of the prisoner who did not notice the beauty of bird song until he was incarcerated?
5. How long ago did the family leave Moscow to come to the provincial area where they are now settled?
(a) 7 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 11 years
(d) 5 years
6. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
7. How old is the character of Vershinin?
8. Who is responsible for the answer to #24?
(b) The army
(d) The police
9. Who makes the comment that all children should be cooked and eaten?
10. Where does Irina now work as revealed at the start of Act 2?
(a) Telegraphy Office
(b) Teacher's Council Office
(c) For the church
(d) She doesn't
11. Who seems to have a hearing problem as evidenced by the need for other characters to repeat themselves?
12. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
13. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
14. Who is the new commander of the military in the town where the sisters reside?
15. What is the gift that arrives for the sisters from the answer to #16?
(a) A large silver samovar
(b) A map of Russia
(c) A large silver statue
(d) A book of medicines
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
2. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
3. Who do they say is going to be a professor one day because he is so smart?
4. Whose clothes do not match, a fact which is pointed out by another character in the play?
5. Who says she comes from a family that has always despised work?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)