|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that while he has a German name, he is truly Russian at heart?
2. Which one of these characters is the Chairman of the District Council?
3. Masha suggests that which character is not well in the head, which is no surprise to the others or to the reader?
4. Who plays the piano and entertains the others as a result?
5. Who is NOT one of the three sisters who are the title characters of this play?
6. Which sister works at the school with the answer to #37?
7. Kulygin is glad that _________ loves him and he continues to say this throughout the play.
8. Who believes it is a shame that youth passes during the discuss of how time passes and what changes can occur?
9. Who is suddenly embarrassed when the count of people seems to indicate there are lovers at the table?
10. Who gives Irina some crayons to play with, making her feel again like she is treated like a child?
11. How old is the character of Vershinin?
12. Who always brings extravagant presents for the sisters as he feels he loves them as much as their mother did?
13. Which of the women in the play describes herself as a little white bird?
14. What is heard as the characters are speaking during this second part of the Act 1?
(a) A violin
(b) An air raid horn
(c) A knock at the door
(d) A siren
15. What game does Irina play when she is sitting by herself at the end of the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was born and raised in an aristocratic family?
2. Who does not like civilians, as she reiterates from a previous discussion?
3. To whom does Andrei propose marriage in the end of the scene, almost spontaneously?
4. Who announces they're staying to lunch when the arrival of another character occurs?
5. Who becomes tearful by how old Vershinin looks?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)