|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
2. What does Lucy bring for Polly to eat in in Act Three Scene Eight?
3. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
4. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
5. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
Essay Topic 2
How is "Human Nature" portrayed in The Threepenny Opera? Who speaks (and/or sings) about human nature? Do you think this is Brecht's point of view as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe examples of how Brecht's life is reflected in The Threepenny Opera. How are his political beliefs reflected? How is his personal life reflected? How does he reflect upon his career in the play?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)