|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac go after the whorehouse?
2. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
3. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
4. Who says, "a man is always afraid of a woman who loves him too much"?
5. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Brecht is alive today, what do you think he says about American politics and social philosophy? What does he say globally? Use examples from the text and Brecht's life to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Macheath and Mr. Peachum are the driving forces in The Threepenny Opera. Compare and contrast these. How are they alike? How are they different? What do they symbolize in regards to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Brecht's allusions to the Bible in The Threepenny Opera. Who quotes passages from the Bible and what purpose do they serve? What symbols can be seen as Biblical references? What point (or points) regarding religion do you think Brecht is portraying in this play?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)