|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
2. What happens with Jenny's baby?
3. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
4. What does Lucy bring for Polly to eat in in Act Three Scene Eight?
5. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the tenets of Marxism. How do they apply to The Threepenny Opera? Use examples from the text to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the time period and setting of The Threepenny Opera. What events occur to create the economic and social climate that the play inhabits? How does this play into the musical?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)