|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
2. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
3. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
4. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
5. Who sings, "They say I have a lovely ankle and the best proportions in the city"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Brecht's use of "Irony" in The Threepenny Opera. What are the different forms of irony and how are each illustrated within the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the time period and setting of The Threepenny Opera. What events occur to create the economic and social climate that the play inhabits? How does this play into the musical?
Essay Topic 3
How does The Threepenny Opera differ from more traditional musicals of its time? How does it differ today? Use examples from the text and references to prior productions to support your claim.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)