|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
2. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
3. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
4. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
5. Who says, "a man is always afraid of a woman who loves him too much"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe examples of foreshadowing in The Threepenny Opera. Define the term "Foreshadowing" and explain how and why Brecht uses it in the play. Cite examples from the text, the songs, and the actions of characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
How is "Human Nature" portrayed in The Threepenny Opera? Who speaks (and/or sings) about human nature? Do you think this is Brecht's point of view as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
If Brecht is alive today, what do you think he says about American politics and social philosophy? What does he say globally? Use examples from the text and Brecht's life to support your discussion.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)