|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
2. Where does Mac go after the whorehouse?
3. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
4. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
5. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe examples of foreshadowing in The Threepenny Opera. Define the term "Foreshadowing" and explain how and why Brecht uses it in the play. Cite examples from the text, the songs, and the actions of characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
How is "Human Nature" portrayed in The Threepenny Opera? Who speaks (and/or sings) about human nature? Do you think this is Brecht's point of view as well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe examples of how Brecht's life is reflected in The Threepenny Opera. How are his political beliefs reflected? How is his personal life reflected? How does he reflect upon his career in the play?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)