|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
2. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
3. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
4. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
5. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
Essay Topic 2
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe examples of foreshadowing in The Threepenny Opera. Define the term "Foreshadowing" and explain how and why Brecht uses it in the play. Cite examples from the text, the songs, and the actions of characters in the play.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)