|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
2. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
3. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
4. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
5. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the allusion to Judas' betrayal relates to The Threepenny Opera. Which character is seen as Judas? What actions does that character do similarly and what is the outcome of those actions? Are there consequences for those actions?
Essay Topic 2
What is the major conflict in The Threepenny Opera? Define this conflict in both literal terms and symbolic or figurative terms. Where does the conflict arise? Which characters are in conflict? How?
Essay Topic 3
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)