|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
2. How much does Macheath offer Smith as a bribe in Act Three?
3. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
4. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
5. How long ago does Polly say she meets Macheath?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"? How is this exemplified in the play? What are his noble characteristics? Compare and contrast the two.
Essay Topic 2Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
Essay Topic 3How does The Threepenny Opera differ from more traditional musicals of its time? How does it differ today? Use examples from the text and references to prior productions to support your claim.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)