|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does Polly say she meets Macheath?
2. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
3. When does Mrs. Peachum tell the ladies to return for their money?
4. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
5. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Brecht is alive today, what do you think he says about American politics and social philosophy? What does he say globally? Use examples from the text and Brecht's life to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the allusion to Judas' betrayal relates to The Threepenny Opera. Which character is seen as Judas? What actions does that character do similarly and what is the outcome of those actions? Are there consequences for those actions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)