|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found praying that Macheath is not found in Act Two Scene Six?
2. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
3. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
4. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
5. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Essay Topic 1
If Brecht is alive today, what do you think he says about American politics and social philosophy? What does he say globally? Use examples from the text and Brecht's life to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"? How is this exemplified in the play? What are his noble characteristics? Compare and contrast the two.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the allusion to Judas' betrayal relates to The Threepenny Opera. Which character is seen as Judas? What actions does that character do similarly and what is the outcome of those actions? Are there consequences for those actions?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)