|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
2. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
3. Who does Filch rush in to tell Peachum is on their way?
4. What is another name Macheath goes by?
5. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does The Threepenny Opera differ from more traditional musicals of its time? How does it differ today? Use examples from the text and references to prior productions to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
Essay Topic 3
How is "Human Nature" portrayed in The Threepenny Opera? Who speaks (and/or sings) about human nature? Do you think this is Brecht's point of view as well? Why or why not?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)