|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Macheath offer Smith as a bribe in Act Three?
2. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
3. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
4. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
5. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the time period and setting of The Threepenny Opera. What events occur to create the economic and social climate that the play inhabits? How does this play into the musical?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)