|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
2. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
3. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
4. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
5. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Macheath and Mr. Peachum are the driving forces in The Threepenny Opera. Compare and contrast these. How are they alike? How are they different? What do they symbolize in regards to the theme?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Brecht's allusions to the Bible in The Threepenny Opera. Who quotes passages from the Bible and what purpose do they serve? What symbols can be seen as Biblical references? What point (or points) regarding religion do you think Brecht is portraying in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the term "Epic Theatre". What is its purpose? How is it executed? What is the difference between this stylistic approach and that of realism?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)