|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
2. When does Mrs. Peachum tell the ladies to return for their money?
3. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
4. How does Macheath try to escape at the brothel?
5. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Brecht's use of "Irony" in The Threepenny Opera. What are the different forms of irony and how are each illustrated within the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the motifs and symbols in The Threepenny Opera. How do these motifs aid in the overall theme? Define the terms and cite examples from the text in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the major conflict in The Threepenny Opera? Define this conflict in both literal terms and symbolic or figurative terms. Where does the conflict arise? Which characters are in conflict? How?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)