|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
2. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
3. Who sings the Jealousy Duet?
4. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
5. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term Deus Ex Machina. Where does this theatrical device originate? How does it apply to The Threepenny Opera? Why do you think Brecht chooses to implement this?
Essay Topic 2
Macheath and Mr. Peachum are the driving forces in The Threepenny Opera. Compare and contrast these. How are they alike? How are they different? What do they symbolize in regards to the theme?
Essay Topic 3
How is the definition of "Art" a thematic point in the play The Threepenny Opera? Who describes his/her views on Art as a tool? What is it used as a tool for? How?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)