|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
2. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
3. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
4. When does Mrs. Peachum tell the ladies to return for their money?
5. Where is Jenny's brothel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If Brecht is alive today, what do you think he says about American politics and social philosophy? What does he say globally? Use examples from the text and Brecht's life to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
What is an antihero? How does an antihero differ from that of a tragic hero? Which is used in The Threepenny Opera and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the allusion to Judas' betrayal relates to The Threepenny Opera. Which character is seen as Judas? What actions does that character do similarly and what is the outcome of those actions? Are there consequences for those actions?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)