|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
2. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
3. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
4. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
5. What time is it at the beginning of Act Three Scene Nine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"? How is this exemplified in the play? What are his noble characteristics? Compare and contrast the two.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how exposition is illustrated in The Threepenny Opera. What does "Exposition" mean? What are the different methods of exposition and what is the primary method implemented in The Threepenny Opera?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the theme of The Threepenny Opera. How is this theme executed? How does the theme represent Brecht's sociopolitical views?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)