|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
2. Who says, "One must live well to know what living is"?
3. Who is found praying that Macheath is not found in Act Two Scene Six?
4. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
5. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe examples of how Brecht's life is reflected in The Threepenny Opera. How are his political beliefs reflected? How is his personal life reflected? How does he reflect upon his career in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the theme of The Threepenny Opera. How is this theme executed? How does the theme represent Brecht's sociopolitical views?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Brecht's allusions to the Bible in The Threepenny Opera. Who quotes passages from the Bible and what purpose do they serve? What symbols can be seen as Biblical references? What point (or points) regarding religion do you think Brecht is portraying in this play?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)