Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Polly Peachum.
(c) Low-Dive Jenny.
(d) Tiger Brown.
2. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A wedding ring.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A list of charges.
(d) A marriage certificate.
3. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Killing the king.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Keeping peace.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
4. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(c) To Tiger Brown.
5. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
(a) Jonathan Peachum.
(b) Polly Peachum.
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mac berate the Gang in Act One Scene Two?
2. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
3. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
4. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
5. Who is spoken to in an "aside"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Macheath's relationship to Jenny.
2. Who arrives at Peachum's house as he's preparing the beggars to go to the coronation? Why?
3. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
4. What does Peachum tell Brown about the historical police captain? Why?
5. What is the setting for Act One Scene Two? Why is this significant?
6. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
7. What happens in Act Three, Scene Eight that makes Polly begin crying? Who arrives to take her away?
8. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
9. What does Macheath do in order to attempt to escape in Act Three Scene Nine?
10. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)