|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reward for turning in Macheath?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Two hundred pounds.
(d) Forty pounds.
2. Who is Matthew?
(a) A thief.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A pimp.
3. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
4. What part of London does Act One Scene Two take place?
(b) Little Village.
(c) East End.
(d) The Wharf.
5. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(b) North District.
(c) Baker Street District.
(d) East District.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
2. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
3. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
4. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
5. Why does Mac berate the Gang in Act One Scene Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
2. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
3. Who is present in Act One Scene Two? What is the celebration?
4. What sort of stock character does Polly most closely resemble? Is she a likable character? Why or why not?
5. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
6. Why does Brecht choose to interrupt the action with songs? What effect does this achieve?
7. Describe how Macheath is arrested in Act Two Scene Five.
8. How does Mr. Peachum feel about Polly's marriage? Why?
9. How is Lucy related to Tiger Brown? Why does this create conflict in the play?
10. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)