|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Macheath and Ned.
(c) Polly and Macheath.
(d) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
3. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) Jimmy eats it.
(b) The police confiscate it.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) Someone drops it.
4. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Get divorced.
(c) Go back to Macheath.
(d) Change clothes.
5. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "What I need is artists. Only an artist can tug at anybody's heart strings nowadays"?
2. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
3. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
4. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
5. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
2. Who sings "The Song of Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"? What is the song about?
3. What is the setting for Act One Scene Two? Why is this significant?
4. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
5. How does Mr. Peachum feel about Polly's marriage? Why?
6. Who is present in Act One Scene Two? What is the celebration?
7. What does Jenny tell Macheath when she reads his palm?
8. Where is The Threepenny Opera set? Include the general setting and specific settings.
9. How do the thieves feel about Polly's ability to lead? How does she prove herself?
10. What does Peachum tell Brown about the historical police captain? Why?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)