|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Polly and Macheath.
(b) Macheath and Ned.
(c) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
2. What is the Sheriff's name?
3. For whom does the character Matt work?
(b) Deputy Smith.
(c) Sheriff Brown.
(d) Jonathan Peachum.
4. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
5. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(a) Her father.
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
2. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
3. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
4. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
5. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
2. What does Jenny tell Macheath when she reads his palm?
3. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
4. What does Polly tell her parents about her marriage?
5. Who arrives just before Macheath puts his neck in the noose? What does this character declare?
6. What are the gang's plans for the coronation? What does Macheath tell them?
7. What is the setting for Act One Scene Two? Why is this significant?
8. What is the song Pirate Jenny about? Who sings it?
9. What is the last song Macheath sings? What is it about?
10. Describe the story told in The Barbara Song. Who sings it?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)