|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Police uniforms.
(b) Servants' uniforms.
(c) Beggars' outfits.
(d) Fancy evening apparel.
2. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) The police confiscate it.
(c) Jimmy eats it.
(d) Someone drops it.
3. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) The Modern Musical.
(b) Avant Garde.
(c) Epic Theatre.
4. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(a) Keep eating.
(c) Attack him.
(d) Greet him.
5. What is the reward for turning in Macheath?
(a) Two hundred pounds.
(b) Forty pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Sixty pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
2. What is the Sheriff's name?
3. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
4. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
5. What does Macheath always wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Polly go to Lucy's home in Act Three? Does she get what she comes for?
2. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
3. Why does Brecht choose to interrupt the action with songs? What effect does this achieve?
4. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
5. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
6. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
7. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
8. Compare and contrast the characters of Macheath and Tiger Brown. How are they alike? How are they different?
9. Who comes to see Macheath in the last scene? Why?
10. Describe the mannerisms of the gang. How does Macheath feel about them?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)