|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
2. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) A kitten.
3. Who is spoken to in an "aside"?
(a) The director.
(b) The audience.
(c) The actors.
(d) The narrator.
4. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The quality of the food.
(b) The vulgarity of his friends.
(c) The lateness of the vicar.
(d) The lack of more presents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the carpet from at Macheath and Polly's feast?
2. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
3. Who is the author of The Threepenny Opera?
4. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
5. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mannerisms of the gang. How does Macheath feel about them?
2. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
3. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
4. What does Polly do with Macheath's profits? How does that affect the outcome of his fate in Act Three?
5. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
6. Why is Polly upset when she meets Macheath in Act Two at the stable?
7. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
8. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
9. Where does Act Three, Scene Nine take place? Who, in addition to Macheath, is here?
10. Where is The Threepenny Opera set? Include the general setting and specific settings.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)