|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
2. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Smelling salts.
(d) Cordial Medoc.
3. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
4. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) The Ballad Singer.
5. What does Polly request the thugs do while she sings in Act One?
(a) Pretend they're beggars.
(c) Pretend they're customers at a bar.
(d) Pretend to pay her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
2. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
3. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
4. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
5. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at Peachum's house as he's preparing the beggars to go to the coronation? Why?
2. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
3. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
4. What are the gang's plans for the coronation? What does Macheath tell them?
5. Describe the mannerisms of the gang. How does Macheath feel about them?
6. Where does Act Three, Scene Nine take place? Who, in addition to Macheath, is here?
7. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
8. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
9. How do the thieves feel about Polly's ability to lead? How does she prove herself?
10. What do Macheath and Brown discuss in Act Three Scene Nine? Why?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)