|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
2. Who tells Polly that Macheath has several women?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
3. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A dishwasher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A prostitute.
4. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
5. What is Macheath's nickname?
(a) The Dark Knight.
(b) The Prince of Thieves.
(c) Mac the Knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
2. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
3. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
4. What is Jake's nickname?
5. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Peachum's suggest Polly do about her marriage? What is her response?
2. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
3. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
4. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
5. Describe how Macheath is arrested in Act Two Scene Five.
6. Describe the character of Macheath. What is his physical demeanor? What is his profession?
7. Why is Polly upset when she meets Macheath in Act Two at the stable?
8. What does Macheath decide to do after hearing the charges? What are his directions to Polly?
9. Describe the story told in The Barbara Song. Who sings it?
10. What does Macheath do in order to attempt to escape in Act Three Scene Nine?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)