|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
2. Who is the author of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) Vsevolod Meyerhold.
(b) Bertolt Brecht.
(c) Erwin Piscator.
(d) Vladimir Mayakovsky.
3. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Cordial Medoc.
4. Who does Mac knock to the ground in Act One Scene Two?
5. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Beggars' outfits.
(b) Fancy evening apparel.
(c) Police uniforms.
(d) Servants' uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
2. Where is the carpet from at Macheath and Polly's feast?
3. Which thug mentions Lucy in Act One Scene Two?
4. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
5. What does Mac order the legs cut off from in Act One Scene Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Macheath and Tiger Brown. How are they alike? How are they different?
2. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
3. Why is Polly upset when she meets Macheath in Act Two at the stable?
4. What happens in Act Three, Scene Eight that makes Polly begin crying? Who arrives to take her away?
5. What are the gang's plans for the coronation? What does Macheath tell them?
6. What is Lucy's relationship to Macheath?
7. How is Lucy related to Tiger Brown? Why does this create conflict in the play?
8. What do Jenny and Mrs. Peachum argue about in Act Three Scene Seven?
9. What does Macheath do in order to attempt to escape in Act Three Scene Nine?
10. Who arrives at Peachum's house as he's preparing the beggars to go to the coronation? Why?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)