|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the brothel.
2. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) The Beggar's Opera.
(b) Mac the Knife.
(c) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
3. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The stable.
(b) The garden.
(c) The jail.
(d) Peachum's shop.
4. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Stolen furniture.
(b) Gifts from the Queen.
5. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
(a) The Cannon Song.
(b) The War Cry.
(c) The Soldier's Ballad.
(d) Daniel's Message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
2. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
3. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
4. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
5. What does Polly request the thugs do while she sings in Act One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
2. What does Polly tell her parents about her marriage?
3. How does Tiger Brown feel about Macheath's arrest? Why?
4. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in Act Three at her home? Why?
5. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
6. What does Lucy refer to Polly as in Act Three? Why?
7. How does Macheath escape from jail?
8. Where is The Threepenny Opera set? Include the general setting and specific settings.
9. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
10. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)