|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many holdups does Macheath commit according to his charges?
2. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(a) Greet him.
(b) Attack him.
(c) Keep eating.
3. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The quality of the food.
(b) The lack of more presents.
(c) The lateness of the vicar.
(d) The vulgarity of his friends.
4. For whom does the character Matt work?
(a) Sheriff Brown.
(b) Jonathan Peachum.
(d) Deputy Smith.
5. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
(a) A murderous villain.
(b) A horse thief and highwayman.
(c) A tawdry slut.
(d) A bandit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
2. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
3. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
4. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
5. Who is Matthew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Tiger Brown arrest Macheath? What is their relationship?
2. What do the Peachum's suggest Polly do about her marriage? What is her response?
3. Who comes to see Macheath in the last scene? Why?
4. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
5. What is Peachum arranging the beggars to do in Act Three? Why?
6. Why does Polly go to Lucy's home in Act Three? Does she get what she comes for?
7. What is the setting for Act One Scene Two? Why is this significant?
8. What does Macheath decide to do after hearing the charges? What are his directions to Polly?
9. What does Mrs. Peachum tell Polly about Macheath's history?
10. Compare and contrast the characters of Macheath and Tiger Brown. How are they alike? How are they different?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)