|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) In a day.
(c) In a week.
(d) Two hours.
2. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
3. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
4. Who does Mac knock to the ground in Act One Scene Two?
5. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening of Act One Scene Two?
2. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
3. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
4. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
5. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the list of charges against Macheath? How does he respond to them?
2. What does Polly tell her parents about her marriage?
3. Who is present in Act One Scene Two? What is the celebration?
4. Why does Polly go to Lucy's home in Act Three? Does she get what she comes for?
5. Who sings "The Song of Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"? What is the song about?
6. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
7. What does Peachum tell Brown about the historical police captain? Why?
8. Describe Mr. Peachum. What is his business? What is his demeanor toward others?
9. What do the Peachum's suggest Polly do about her marriage? What is her response?
10. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in Act Three at her home? Why?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)