|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
2. Who is Mr. Peachum's daughter?
3. What is the setting of the opening of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mr. Peachum's shop.
(b) A stable.
(c) A church.
(d) A rooftop.
4. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a day.
5. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matt the Mint.
(b) Matthew Moneybags.
(c) Matt the Mooch.
(d) Matt the Murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the beggars return to Peachum's shop in Act One Scene Three?
2. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
3. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
4. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
5. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
2. What do Macheath and Brown discuss in Act Three Scene Nine? Why?
3. What is Peachum arranging the beggars to do in Act Three? Why?
4. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
5. What does Polly do with Macheath's profits? How does that affect the outcome of his fate in Act Three?
6. What does Lucy refer to Polly as in Act Three? Why?
7. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
8. What does Polly tell her parents about her marriage?
9. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
10. Who is Low-Dive Jenny? What does she do for a living? What does she look like?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)