|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(d) A robbery.
2. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(a) Keep eating.
(b) Attack him.
(d) Greet him.
3. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
4. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
(b) Stolen furniture.
(c) Gifts from the Queen.
5. What does Polly ask of Macheath before he goes?
(a) To buy her a ring.
(b) To take her with him.
(c) To stay.
(d) To be faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
2. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
3. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
4. Who tells Polly that Macheath has several women?
5. Who is Matthew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is The Cannon Song about? Who sings it?
2. Who sings "The Song of Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"? What is the song about?
3. What are the gang's plans for the coronation? What does Macheath tell them?
4. What is the song Pirate Jenny about? Who sings it?
5. Who is Lucy and why does Macheath not want her mentioned in the feast scene?
6. Describe Mr. Peachum. What is his business? What is his demeanor toward others?
7. What is the setting for Act One Scene Two? Why is this significant?
8. How does Mr. Peachum feel about Polly's marriage? Why?
9. How do the thieves feel about Polly's ability to lead? How does she prove herself?
10. Who comes to see Macheath in the last scene? Why?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)