|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matt the Murderer.
(b) Matt the Mooch.
(c) Matt the Mint.
(d) Matthew Moneybags.
2. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
3. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Tiger Brown.
(c) Low-Dive Jenny.
(d) Polly Peachum.
4. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Tiger Brown.
(c) Mr. Peachum.
5. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
2. How many holdups does Macheath commit according to his charges?
3. What is the Sheriff's name?
4. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
5. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lucy's relationship to Macheath?
2. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
3. Describe how Macheath is arrested in Act Two Scene Five.
4. What does Polly protest when her father threatens to go to the police in Act One Scene Three?
5. What does Polly do with Macheath's profits? How does that affect the outcome of his fate in Act Three?
6. What does Peachum tell Brown about the historical police captain? Why?
7. Who is present in Act One Scene Two? What is the celebration?
8. What does Jenny tell Macheath when she reads his palm?
9. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
10. How does Mr. Peachum feel about Polly's marriage? Why?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)