|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Queen Margaret.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Queen Victoria.
3. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
4. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His hand.
(b) His arm.
(c) His face.
(d) His neck.
5. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
(a) A tawdry slut.
(b) A horse thief and highwayman.
(c) A murderous villain.
(d) A bandit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
2. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
3. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
4. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Macheath escape from jail?
2. Why does Polly go to Lucy's home in Act Three? Does she get what she comes for?
3. What is Lucy's relationship to Macheath?
4. Compare and contrast Lucy and Polly. How are they alike? How are they different?
5. Describe the mannerisms of the gang. How does Macheath feel about them?
6. What does Polly tell her parents about her marriage?
7. Who is Lucy and why does Macheath not want her mentioned in the feast scene?
8. What does Peachum say to Brown to convince him not to arrest him?
9. What is an antihero? How is an antihero different from a tragic hero?
10. Describe the story told in The Barbara Song. Who sings it?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)