Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Go back to Macheath.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Change clothes.
2. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) The Beggar's Opera.
(b) Antony and Cleopatra.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Mac the Knife.
3. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cordial Medoc.
4. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
5. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Peachum's fee for services?
2. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
3. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
4. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
5. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peachum tell Brown about the historical police captain? Why?
2. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
3. What do Jenny and Mrs. Peachum argue about in Act Three Scene Seven?
4. What are the list of charges against Macheath? How does he respond to them?
5. How does Mr. Peachum feel about Polly's marriage? Why?
6. What does Mrs. Peachum tell Polly about Macheath's history?
7. What is the tone of the song "The Ballad of Sexual Obsession"? Who sings it?
8. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
9. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
10. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)