|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) The Queen's Island.
(c) Britain Protection.
(d) London Yard.
2. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matthew Moneybags.
(b) Matt the Murderer.
(c) Matt the Mint.
(d) Matt the Mooch.
3. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
4. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
(a) The Soldier's Ballad.
(b) The War Cry.
(c) Daniel's Message.
(d) The Cannon Song.
5. Who is Matthew?
(a) A thief.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
2. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
3. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
4. For whom does the character Matt work?
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jenny tell Macheath when she reads his palm?
2. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
3. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
4. Describe the character of Macheath. What is his physical demeanor? What is his profession?
5. How is Lucy related to Tiger Brown? Why does this create conflict in the play?
6. What does Macheath decide to do after hearing the charges? What are his directions to Polly?
7. What is an antihero? How is an antihero different from a tragic hero?
8. What is Peachum arranging the beggars to do in Act Three? Why?
9. What is the song "Ballade of Immoral Earnings" about? Who sings it?
10. Why does Brecht choose to interrupt the action with songs? What effect does this achieve?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)