|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) Vsevolod Meyerhold.
(b) Erwin Piscator.
(c) Vladimir Mayakovsky.
(d) Bertolt Brecht.
2. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(a) East District.
(b) North District.
(c) Baker Street District.
3. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
(b) Stolen furniture.
(d) Gifts from the Queen.
4. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
5. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
2. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
3. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
4. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
5. What is Matthew's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peachum tell Polly about Macheath's history?
2. What are the gang's plans for the coronation? What does Macheath tell them?
3. Describe how Macheath is arrested in Act Two Scene Five.
4. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
5. What is the song Pirate Jenny about? Who sings it?
6. Who comes to see Macheath in the last scene? Why?
7. What is the last song Macheath sings? What is it about?
8. What is Peachum arranging the beggars to do in Act Three? Why?
9. What does Peachum say to Brown to convince him not to arrest him?
10. What is the tone of the song "The Ballad of Sexual Obsession"? Who sings it?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)