|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Who does Mac knock to the ground in Act One Scene Two?
3. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
4. Who is Mr. Peachum's daughter?
5. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The jail.
(b) The garden.
(c) Peachum's shop.
(d) The stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
2. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
3. What is Low-Dive Jenny's profession?
4. What is Matthew's nickname?
5. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Act Three, Scene Eight that makes Polly begin crying? Who arrives to take her away?
2. What is "The Solomon Song" about? Who sings it?
3. What is the purpose of the prologue? Who sings it? What does it inform the audience?
4. Who is Low-Dive Jenny? What does she do for a living? What does she look like?
5. How does Polly feel about her new life and surroundings in Act One Scene Two? Why?
6. How do the thieves feel about Polly's ability to lead? How does she prove herself?
7. How does Brecht use multimedia in The Threepenny Opera? Why?
8. What do the Peachum's suggest Polly do about her marriage? What is her response?
9. What does Macheath do in order to attempt to escape in Act Three Scene Nine?
10. Describe how Macheath is arrested in Act Two Scene Five.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)