|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
2. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
3. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) Old Bailey.
(b) British Clinker.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) London's Can.
4. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(b) A robbery.
(c) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
(d) The Queen's coronation.
5. What happens to the soldier's in Macheath and Brown's ballad in Act One?
(a) They die.
(b) They win the war.
(c) They go to a saloon.
(d) They win medals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
2. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
3. Who is Mr. Peachum's daughter?
4. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
5. Who sings "Barbara Song"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mannerisms of the gang. How does Macheath feel about them?
2. What do the Peachum's suggest Polly do about her marriage? What is her response?
3. Compare and contrast Lucy and Polly. How are they alike? How are they different?
4. What is the tone of the song "The Ballad of Sexual Obsession"? Who sings it?
5. What does Mr. Peachum say about Mr. Filch? Does he like this character? Why or why not?
6. Who does Mrs. Peachum pay to give her information about Macheath's whereabouts? What is this character's reaction?
7. Who is Lucy and why does Macheath not want her mentioned in the feast scene?
8. Who sings "Call from the Grave"? What is the song about?
9. Who is Low-Dive Jenny? What does she do for a living? What does she look like?
10. Who comes to see Macheath in the last scene? Why?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)