|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Peachum tell the ladies to return for their money?
(b) After the Coronation.
(c) Next week.
(d) Before the Coronation.
2. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
(a) Her father.
(b) His hat and cane.
(c) His coat.
(d) The keys.
3. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) A church.
(b) A brothel.
(c) The jail.
(d) The train station.
4. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His affair with Polly.
(b) His business.
(c) His cheating him at cards.
(d) His affair with Lucy.
5. Who is found praying that Macheath is not found in Act Two Scene Six?
6. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
7. What happens with Jenny's baby?
(a) She leaves it on a doorstep.
(b) She aborts it.
(c) She gives it up for adoption.
(d) She raises it.
8. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
(a) Jenny's brothel.
(c) Suky Tawdry's place.
(d) Polly's room.
9. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) A villain.
(b) A ragged wretch.
(d) Miss Peachum.
10. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(d) Sexual urges.
11. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
12. How is Mac executed?
(a) Lethal Injection.
(b) Firing Squad.
13. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
14. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
15. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) Where is Polly?
(b) What are you doing here?
(c) You witch!
(d) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Macheath try to escape at the brothel?
2. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
3. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
4. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
5. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)