|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(a) Ramses II.
(b) Ramses III.
2. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) A week ago.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) Last month.
3. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
(a) Mac and Lucy.
(b) Jake and Lucy.
(c) Polly and Mrs. Peachum.
(d) Mac and Jenny.
4. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
5. When Mrs. Peachum comes to take Polly from the jail, what does she call Macheath?
(c) Don Juan.
6. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
7. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
(d) All answers are correct.
8. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
9. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His affair with Polly.
(b) His business.
(c) His affair with Lucy.
(d) His cheating him at cards.
10. Where are the bells ringing from?
(b) East London.
(c) Big Ben.
11. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
12. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
(a) The church.
(b) Highland Wharf.
(c) Bowery Hotel.
(d) Cuttlefish Hotel.
13. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
14. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
15. Who comes to see Macheath in in Act Three Scene Nine first?
(a) Molly and Jenny.
(b) Jake and Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
2. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
3. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
4. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
5. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)