|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy say she wants from Mac in the jail?
(a) To be an honest woman.
(b) His money.
(c) His word of honor.
(d) For him to divorce Polly.
2. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
3. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) A church.
(b) A brothel.
(c) The jail.
(d) The train station.
4. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
5. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 800 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
6. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(b) A ragged wretch.
(c) Miss Peachum.
(d) A villain.
7. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
(d) All answers are correct.
8. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(d) Mr. Peachum.
9. Who does Filch rush in to tell Peachum is on their way?
(d) The police.
10. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
11. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
12. Where is Jenny's brothel?
13. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
(a) Love her.
(b) Raped her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Beat her.
14. What time is it at the beginning of Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) Five a.m.
(b) Seven a.m.
(c) Two p.m.
(d) Nine a.m.
15. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
(a) Mac and Lucy.
(b) Jake and Lucy.
(c) Polly and Mrs. Peachum.
(d) Mac and Jenny.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Macheath hanged?
2. What is another name Macheath goes by?
3. Who says, "a man is always afraid of a woman who loves him too much"?
4. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
5. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)