|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
(d) Mr. Peachum.
2. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The stable.
(b) The jail.
(c) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(d) The whorehouse.
3. Where are the bells ringing from?
(b) East London.
(d) Big Ben.
4. Where does Mac go after the whorehouse?
(a) To court.
(b) To Winchester.
(c) To jail.
(d) To Polly's house.
5. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) To watch the parade.
(b) To witness Macheath's execution.
(c) For the Coronation.
(d) To witness Macheath's wedding.
6. Who says, "a man is always afraid of a woman who loves him too much"?
7. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A demonstration of human misery.
(b) A bank heist.
(c) A circus performance.
(d) A robbery.
8. How long ago does Polly say she meets Macheath?
(a) Seven days ago.
(b) Ten days ago.
(c) Three days ago.
(d) Two weeks ago.
9. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) A brothel.
(b) The train station.
(c) A church.
(d) The jail.
10. What time is it at the beginning of Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) Seven a.m.
(b) Two p.m.
(c) Nine a.m.
(d) Five a.m.
11. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) A noose.
(b) A divorce certificate.
(c) A widow's dress.
(d) A kitten.
12. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) She's married to Tiger Brown.
(b) She's not pregant.
(c) She knows where Macheath is.
(d) She's married to Macheath.
13. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
14. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
15. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Macheath hanged?
2. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
3. Who arrives in Act Three to get money from Mrs. Peachum?
4. What is Polly referred to as by Lucy?
5. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)