|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
(a) He asks Lucy to marry him.
(b) He shows no regret when she leaves.
(c) He calls her a whore.
(d) He is having a baby with Lucy.
2. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
3. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
(d) Mr. Peachum.
4. Where is Jenny's brothel?
5. How long ago does Polly say she meets Macheath?
(a) Seven days ago.
(b) Ten days ago.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) Three days ago.
6. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His business.
(b) His cheating him at cards.
(c) His affair with Polly.
(d) His affair with Lucy.
7. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Come here, you tramp!
(b) Oh you miserable villain!
(c) Who is this strumpet?
(d) Why hello, Miss.
8. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) You witch!
(b) What are you doing here?
(c) Where is Polly?
(d) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
9. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
(a) In the Peachum's home.
(b) In Jenny's brothel.
(c) Above the jail.
(d) At Macheath's house.
10. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) Two weeks ago.
(b) Last month.
(c) A week ago.
(d) The day before yesterday.
11. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
12. Who arrives in Act Three to get money from Mrs. Peachum?
13. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
(a) Suky Tawdry's place.
(c) Jenny's brothel.
(d) Polly's room.
14. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
(a) Tiger Brown.
(b) Mr. Peachum.
15. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown do when Mac doesn't speak to him?
2. What happens with Jenny's baby?
3. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
4. When is Macheath hanged?
5. What does Lucy say she wants from Mac in the jail?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)