|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
2. Who sings the Jealousy Duet?
(a) Lucy and Jenny.
(b) Lucy and Polly.
(c) Jenny and Polly.
(d) Jenny and Molly.
3. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
(a) Tiger Brown.
(d) Mr. Peachum.
4. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) What are you doing here?
(b) Where is Polly?
(c) You witch!
(d) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
5. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
(a) All answers are correct.
6. What does Brown do when Mac doesn't speak to him?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Arrests him.
7. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
(a) To apologize.
(b) To eat dinner.
(c) To slap her.
(d) To visit Macheath.
8. What does Lucy reveal to Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) She's married to Macheath.
(b) She's married to Tiger Brown.
(c) She knows where Macheath is.
(d) She's not pregant.
9. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) To witness Macheath's wedding.
(b) For the Coronation.
(c) To witness Macheath's execution.
(d) To watch the parade.
10. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
11. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
12. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(c) Sexual urges.
13. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
14. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
15. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jenny's brothel?
2. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
3. Which prostitute has underwear with the "black lace border"?
4. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
5. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)