|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(b) Sexual urges.
2. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
(a) At Macheath's house.
(b) In the Peachum's home.
(c) In Jenny's brothel.
(d) Above the jail.
3. Who comes to see Macheath in in Act Three Scene Nine first?
(c) Jake and Matt.
(d) Molly and Jenny.
4. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) To watch the parade.
(b) To witness Macheath's wedding.
(c) For the Coronation.
(d) To witness Macheath's execution.
5. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(a) Ramses II.
(b) Ramses III.
6. Which prostitute has underwear with the "black lace border"?
7. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
(a) His hat and cane.
(b) The keys.
(c) Her father.
(d) His coat.
8. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Tiger Brown.
9. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A circus performance.
(b) A robbery.
(c) A demonstration of human misery.
(d) A bank heist.
10. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
11. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
(b) What are you doing here?
(c) Where is Polly?
(d) You witch!
12. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) From his father.
(b) From his mother.
(c) The whorehouse.
(d) The Bible.
13. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(b) More comfortable handcuffs.
(c) A prostitute.
14. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Love her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Raped her.
15. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The stable.
(b) The whorehouse.
(c) The jail.
(d) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
2. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
3. How does Macheath try to escape at the brothel?
4. Who is found praying that Macheath is not found in Act Two Scene Six?
5. When is Macheath hanged?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)