|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
(a) Love her.
(b) Raped her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Kiss her.
2. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
3. Who sings, "They say I have a lovely ankle and the best proportions in the city"?
4. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
(a) When the sirens sound.
(c) When the Coronation bells ring.
(d) When the church bells ring.
5. How much does Macheath offer Smith as a bribe in Act Three?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) One thousand pounds.
(c) Five hundred pounds.
(d) Ten thousand pounds.
6. Who does Filch rush in to tell Peachum is on their way?
(c) The police.
7. Who says, "One must live well to know what living is"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
8. What does Mac order for his last meal?
(b) An omelet.
(c) Macaroni and Cheese.
(d) A steak.
9. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(b) Sexual urges.
10. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) Macheath's Double Standard.
(b) The Downfall.
(c) The Jail.
(d) Property in Dispute.
11. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
(a) Highland Wharf.
(b) The church.
(c) Bowery Hotel.
(d) Cuttlefish Hotel.
12. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The jail.
(b) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(c) The whorehouse.
(d) The stable.
13. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
14. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
(a) He is having a baby with Lucy.
(b) He shows no regret when she leaves.
(c) He asks Lucy to marry him.
(d) He calls her a whore.
15. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
2. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
3. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
4. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
5. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)