|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) More comfortable handcuffs.
2. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His affair with Lucy.
(b) His affair with Polly.
(c) His business.
(d) His cheating him at cards.
3. Where are the bells ringing from?
(c) Big Ben.
(d) East London.
4. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) The train station.
(b) The jail.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A church.
5. When is Macheath hanged?
(a) At noon.
(b) At eight.
(c) At six.
(d) At eleven.
6. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
7. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(b) Ramses II.
(d) Ramses III.
8. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) The Jail.
(b) Property in Dispute.
(c) Macheath's Double Standard.
(d) The Downfall.
9. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) The Bible.
(b) From his mother.
(c) The whorehouse.
(d) From his father.
10. How does Macheath try to escape at the brothel?
(a) From the window.
(b) Through the cellar.
(c) From the front door.
(d) From the back door.
11. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
12. Who does Brown arrive to arrest in Act Three?
13. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
(a) Above the jail.
(b) In Jenny's brothel.
(c) In the Peachum's home.
(d) At Macheath's house.
14. Which prostitute has underwear with the "black lace border"?
15. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
2. Where is Jenny's brothel?
3. How long ago does Polly say she meets Macheath?
4. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
5. Who sings, "They say I have a lovely ankle and the best proportions in the city"?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)