|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
(a) When the sirens sound.
(c) When the Coronation bells ring.
(d) When the church bells ring.
2. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
(a) With change.
(b) With food.
(c) In cash.
(d) By check.
3. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
4. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A bank heist.
(c) A circus performance.
(d) A demonstration of human misery.
5. What does Lucy bring for Polly to eat in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) Steak and eggs.
(b) Bread and butter.
(c) Coffee and cake.
(d) Wine and cheese.
6. Who sings, "They say I have a lovely ankle and the best proportions in the city"?
7. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
8. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
(a) The stable.
(b) The whorehouse.
(c) The church.
(d) The death cell.
9. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) From his mother.
(b) The whorehouse.
(c) From his father.
(d) The Bible.
10. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
11. Where are the bells ringing from?
(a) East London.
(b) Big Ben.
12. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 400 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
13. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
14. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Come here, you tramp!
(b) Who is this strumpet?
(c) Why hello, Miss.
(d) Oh you miserable villain!
15. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
2. Who wi once Jenny's pimp?
3. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
4. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
5. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)