|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
2. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 800 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 1,000 pounds.
(d) 400 pounds.
3. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
(a) With change.
(b) With food.
(c) By check.
(d) In cash.
4. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
5. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
6. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
7. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
8. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Come here, you tramp!
(b) Why hello, Miss.
(c) Who is this strumpet?
(d) Oh you miserable villain!
9. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
(a) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Lucy and Tiger Brown.
(c) Mac and Jenny.
(d) Lucy and Jenny.
10. What is Polly referred to as by Lucy?
(a) The Villain of Old Soho.
(b) The Roach of Old Soho.
(c) The Rose of Old Soho.
(d) The Witch of Old Soho.
11. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) The day before yesterday.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Last month.
(d) Two weeks ago.
12. How is Mac executed?
(b) Firing Squad.
(d) Lethal Injection.
13. What does Mac order for his last meal?
(a) A steak.
(b) An omelet.
(c) Macaroni and Cheese.
14. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
(a) He calls her a whore.
(b) He shows no regret when she leaves.
(c) He asks Lucy to marry him.
(d) He is having a baby with Lucy.
15. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
2. What happens with Jenny's baby?
3. Who sings the Jealousy Duet?
4. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
5. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)