|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "One must live well to know what living is"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
(a) Bowery Hotel.
(b) The church.
(c) Highland Wharf.
(d) Cuttlefish Hotel.
3. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
4. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
(a) In cash.
(b) With food.
(c) With change.
(d) By check.
5. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
(a) He shows no regret when she leaves.
(b) He calls her a whore.
(c) He asks Lucy to marry him.
(d) He is having a baby with Lucy.
6. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
(a) To visit Macheath.
(b) To slap her.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To eat dinner.
7. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(c) A prostitute.
(d) More comfortable handcuffs.
8. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
9. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A circus performance.
(b) A bank heist.
(c) A robbery.
(d) A demonstration of human misery.
10. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(c) Ramses III.
(d) Ramses II.
11. Where does Mac go after the whorehouse?
(a) To Polly's house.
(b) To court.
(c) To Winchester.
(d) To jail.
12. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
(d) All answers are correct.
13. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(b) A villain.
(c) Miss Peachum.
(d) A ragged wretch.
14. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) A week ago.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) Last month.
15. What does Mac order for his last meal?
(a) Macaroni and Cheese.
(b) An omelet.
(d) A steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
2. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
3. Which character comes to arrest Macheath?
4. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
5. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)