|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
(b) Mr. Peachum.
2. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
3. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
4. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) More comfortable handcuffs.
5. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(b) A ragged wretch.
(c) A villain.
(d) Miss Peachum.
6. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
7. Who says, "One must live well to know what living is"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
8. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(d) Sexual urges.
9. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) From his mother.
(b) From his father.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The whorehouse.
10. Which prostitute has underwear with the "black lace border"?
11. Who sings "Song of the Insufficiency of Human Endeavor"?
12. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
13. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) A week ago.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Last month.
(d) Two weeks ago.
14. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
15. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(d) Mr. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
2. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
3. When Mrs. Peachum comes to take Polly from the jail, what does she call Macheath?
4. Who sings, "They say I have a lovely ankle and the best proportions in the city"?
5. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)