|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings "Call from the Grave"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
2. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His affair with Polly.
(b) His affair with Lucy.
(c) His cheating him at cards.
(d) His business.
3. What happens with Jenny's baby?
(a) She aborts it.
(b) She raises it.
(c) She leaves it on a doorstep.
(d) She gives it up for adoption.
4. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
(a) Her father.
(b) The keys.
(c) His hat and cane.
(d) His coat.
5. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
6. What does Mac order for his last meal?
(a) An omelet.
(b) A steak.
(c) Macaroni and Cheese.
7. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(c) Mr. Peachum.
8. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
9. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
(a) When the sirens sound.
(c) When the church bells ring.
(d) When the Coronation bells ring.
10. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) You witch!
(b) Where is Polly?
(c) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
(d) What are you doing here?
11. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
(a) He shows no regret when she leaves.
(b) He calls her a whore.
(c) He asks Lucy to marry him.
(d) He is having a baby with Lucy.
12. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
13. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(b) More comfortable handcuffs.
(d) A prostitute.
14. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Oh you miserable villain!
(b) Why hello, Miss.
(c) Who is this strumpet?
(d) Come here, you tramp!
15. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) Macheath's Double Standard.
(b) The Downfall.
(c) Property in Dispute.
(d) The Jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
2. Who says, "One must live well to know what living is"?
3. How does Macheath try to escape at the brothel?
4. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
5. What does Brown do when Mac doesn't speak to him?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)