|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The Bible.
(c) From his father.
(d) From his mother.
2. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
(a) Bowery Hotel.
(b) Cuttlefish Hotel.
(c) The church.
(d) Highland Wharf.
3. Where does Mac go after the whorehouse?
(a) To jail.
(b) To Winchester.
(c) To court.
(d) To Polly's house.
4. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(b) Ramses II.
(d) Ramses III.
5. What does the "treacherous woman's" name begin with referred to in the palm reading?
6. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
7. When is Macheath hanged?
(a) At noon.
(b) At six.
(c) At eight.
(d) At eleven.
8. What does Macheath say to Mrs. Peachum when he sees her outside the brothel?
(a) What are you doing here?
(b) Good afternoon, Ma'am.
(c) Where is Polly?
(d) You witch!
9. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Who is this strumpet?
(b) Oh you miserable villain!
(c) Come here, you tramp!
(d) Why hello, Miss.
10. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) Property in Dispute.
(b) Macheath's Double Standard.
(c) The Downfall.
(d) The Jail.
11. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
12. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
13. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
(a) By check.
(b) In cash.
(c) With change.
(d) With food.
14. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
(b) Mr. Peachum.
15. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) Last month.
(b) The day before yesterday.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) A week ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
2. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
3. Who says, "a man is always afraid of a woman who loves him too much"?
4. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
5. What thug is in the company of the prostitutes?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)