|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
2. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
3. Who does Brown arrive to arrest in Act Three?
4. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
5. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
(a) Mac and Jenny.
(b) Lucy and Tiger Brown.
(c) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
(d) Lucy and Jenny.
6. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A robbery.
(b) A demonstration of human misery.
(c) A bank heist.
(d) A circus performance.
7. What does Lucy bring for Polly to eat in in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) Bread and butter.
(b) Steak and eggs.
(c) Coffee and cake.
(d) Wine and cheese.
8. Who comes to see Macheath in in Act Three Scene Nine first?
(b) Jake and Matt.
(c) Molly and Jenny.
9. Where are the bells ringing from?
(a) East London.
(d) Big Ben.
10. Who sings the Jealousy Duet?
(a) Jenny and Polly.
(b) Jenny and Molly.
(c) Lucy and Polly.
(d) Lucy and Jenny.
11. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) The jail.
(b) The train station.
(c) A church.
(d) A brothel.
12. When Mrs. Peachum comes to take Polly from the jail, what does she call Macheath?
(a) Don Juan.
13. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(b) The jail.
(c) The stable.
(d) The whorehouse.
14. When does Jenny say that Mac is in "for a hard time"?
(a) When the sirens sound.
(b) When the Coronation bells ring.
(d) When the church bells ring.
15. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His business.
(b) His affair with Polly.
(c) His affair with Lucy.
(d) His cheating him at cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
2. What time is it at the beginning of Act Three Scene Nine?
3. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
4. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
5. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)