|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(a) A prostitute.
(c) More comfortable handcuffs.
2. When speaking to Lucy in Act Three, when does Polly say she marries Macheath?
(a) Last month.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Two weeks ago.
(d) The day before yesterday.
3. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
(a) To visit Macheath.
(b) To apologize.
(c) To slap her.
(d) To eat dinner.
4. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
(a) Mac and Jenny.
(b) Jake and Lucy.
(c) Polly and Mrs. Peachum.
(d) Mac and Lucy.
5. What time is it at the beginning of Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) Nine a.m.
(b) Two p.m.
(c) Seven a.m.
(d) Five a.m.
6. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
7. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
(a) Love her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Raped her.
(d) Beat her.
8. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
(a) His business.
(b) His affair with Lucy.
(c) His affair with Polly.
(d) His cheating him at cards.
9. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
10. Who arrives in Act Three to get money from Mrs. Peachum?
11. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
12. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(c) The stable.
(d) The jail.
13. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A circus performance.
(b) A demonstration of human misery.
(c) A robbery.
(d) A bank heist.
14. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
(a) Suky Tawdry's place.
(b) Polly's room.
(c) Jenny's brothel.
15. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
(a) The whorehouse.
(b) The stable.
(c) The death cell.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Polly referred to as by Lucy?
2. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
3. How is Mac executed?
4. What is Jake doing while Mac is arrested?
5. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)