|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
2. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
3. What is another name Macheath goes by?
(a) Slick Fingers.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Doctor.
(d) The Captain.
4. Where does Mr. Peachum tell Filch to inform the police that Macheath is?
(a) Jenny's brothel.
(b) Suky Tawdry's place.
(d) Polly's room.
5. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
(b) Mr. Peachum.
6. When does Mrs. Peachum tell the ladies to return for their money?
(b) Next week.
(c) Before the Coronation.
(d) After the Coronation.
7. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(a) More comfortable handcuffs.
(d) A prostitute.
8. Where are the bells ringing from?
(a) Big Ben.
(b) East London.
9. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
10. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
11. Which prostitute has underwear with the "black lace border"?
12. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
13. Why does Polly say she's come to see Lucy in Act Three Scene eight?
(a) To visit Macheath.
(b) To slap her.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To eat dinner.
14. What happens with Jenny's baby?
(a) She gives it up for adoption.
(b) She leaves it on a doorstep.
(c) She raises it.
(d) She aborts it.
15. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 400 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 800 pounds.
(d) 1,000 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown arrive to arrest in Act Three?
2. Where is Jenny's brothel?
3. Where is Lucy's bedroom?
4. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
5. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)