|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Filch rush in to tell Peachum is on their way?
(d) The police.
2. When is Macheath hanged?
(a) At noon.
(b) At eight.
(c) At six.
(d) At eleven.
3. Where are the bells ringing from?
(b) East London.
(c) Big Ben.
4. Where does in Act Three Scene Nine take place?
(a) The death cell.
(b) The church.
(c) The stable.
(d) The whorehouse.
5. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(b) A prostitute.
(d) More comfortable handcuffs.
6. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
(a) A circus performance.
(b) A bank heist.
(c) A robbery.
(d) A demonstration of human misery.
7. Why are people jamming the streets in Act Three Scene Nine?
(a) To watch the parade.
(b) For the Coronation.
(c) To witness Macheath's execution.
(d) To witness Macheath's wedding.
8. What does Mr. Peachum tell Celia to get for the ladies in Act Three?
9. What is Macheath's "Tragic Flaw"?
(a) Sexual urges.
10. Who gives Macheath a palm reading?
11. In which setting does Act Three begin?
(a) The stable.
(b) The jail.
(c) The whorehouse.
(d) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
12. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) A noose.
(b) A widow's dress.
(c) A divorce certificate.
(d) A kitten.
13. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(a) Ramses II.
(b) Ramses III.
14. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
15. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to see Macheath in in Act Three Scene Nine first?
2. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
3. When Mrs. Peachum comes to take Polly from the jail, what does she call Macheath?
4. How is Mac executed?
5. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)