|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Jenny's baby?
(a) She aborts it.
(b) She gives it up for adoption.
(c) She leaves it on a doorstep.
(d) She raises it.
2. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Raped her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Love her.
3. How does Lucy greet Polly when she first sees her?
(a) Come here, you tramp!
(b) Oh you miserable villain!
(c) Who is this strumpet?
(d) Why hello, Miss.
4. How much money does Mac ask Jake and Matthew for from jail?
(a) 1,000 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 400 pounds.
(d) 800 pounds.
5. Mac says to Lucy that Polly wants to parade as his _________.
6. Where does Mac say he learns "a deep withering stare"?
(a) From his father.
(b) The whorehouse.
(c) The Bible.
(d) From his mother.
7. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
8. How does Macheath pay Smith for his purchase in the jail?
(a) By check.
(b) With food.
(c) With change.
(d) In cash.
9. Who is found praying that Macheath is not found in Act Two Scene Six?
10. What do the prostitutes talk about after Jenny's exit in the brothel?
11. Who is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
(b) All answers are correct.
12. Where does Macheath go first after leaving Polly?
(a) The train station.
(b) A church.
(c) The jail.
(d) A brothel.
13. What does Lucy bring to Mac in the jail?
(a) The keys.
(b) His hat and cane.
(c) Her father.
(d) His coat.
14. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
15. What does Mac order for his last meal?
(b) An omelet.
(c) A steak.
(d) Macaroni and Cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peachum intend to disrupt the Coronation with?
2. What is Mac concerned about "coming out" to Brown?
3. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
4. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
5. Who sings "Ballade of Immoral Earnings"?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)