|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Peachum tell Brown that Macheath must be in the gallows?
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. Whom does Mrs. Peachum tell to escort the girls to the door in Act Three?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
3. How much does Macheath offer Smith as a bribe in Act Three?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Five hundred pounds.
(c) Ten thousand pounds.
(d) One thousand pounds.
4. What is another name Macheath goes by?
(a) Slick Fingers.
(b) The Captain.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Doctor.
5. Who tells Jenny she looks "like sicked up milk"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
6. Which Egyptian king does Peachum tell Brown about?
(b) Ramses II.
(d) Ramses III.
7. The Solomon Song is sung by whom?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
8. Who offers to "settle the bill" when Macheath is taken away?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
9. Who tells Brown where Macheath is located in Act Three?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
10. Where does Polly say she first meets Macheath with her mother?
(a) The church.
(b) Highland Wharf.
(c) Bowery Hotel.
(d) Cuttlefish Hotel.
11. What does Macheath buy from Smith in the jail?
(a) A prostitute.
(c) More comfortable handcuffs.
12. What does Mrs. Peachum bring to Polly in Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) A divorce certificate.
(b) A noose.
(c) A widow's dress.
(d) A kitten.
13. Who sings the song, "What Keeps Mankind Alive"?
(a) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Lucy and Tiger Brown.
(c) Lucy and Jenny.
(d) Mac and Jenny.
14. What day does Macheath regularly visit the brothel?
15. What is the title of Act Three Scene Eight?
(a) The Jail.
(b) Property in Dispute.
(c) Macheath's Double Standard.
(d) The Downfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macheath do to make Polly believe he loves Lucy more?
2. What does Lucy call Polly in in Act Three Scene Eight?
3. What does Jenny claim Mac does to her in their duet?
4. What code word does Peachum tell the band to play when they hear it?
5. What playwright is mentioned in The Solomon Song?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)