|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening of Act One Scene Two?
(a) A church.
(b) Mr. Peachum's shop.
(c) A stable.
(d) A rooftop.
2. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) The Ballad Singer.
3. What is the reward for turning in Macheath?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) Forty pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
4. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
5. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(d) To Tiger Brown.
6. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) The police confiscate it.
(c) Jimmy eats it.
(d) Someone drops it.
7. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Outpost.
(b) The Thief's Emporium.
(c) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(d) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
8. What does Polly ask of Macheath before he goes?
(a) To buy her a ring.
(b) To stay.
(c) To take her with him.
(d) To be faithful.
9. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
(a) London Yard.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) The Queen's Island.
(d) Britain Protection.
10. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
(a) Two hours.
(b) In a day.
(c) In a week.
(d) Half an hour.
11. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
(b) The northern countryside.
12. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Tiger Brown.
(c) Low-Dive Jenny.
(d) Polly Peachum.
13. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) A robbery.
(d) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
14. Which character says, "What I need is artists. Only an artist can tug at anybody's heart strings nowadays"?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
15. What nickname does Macheath refer to Tiger Brown as?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macheath say about Jimmy II?
2. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
3. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
4. Which thug mentions Lucy in Act One Scene Two?
5. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)