|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Low-Dive Jenny's profession?
2. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A dishwasher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A seamstress.
3. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(d) To Tiger Brown.
4. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
5. What does Polly ask of Macheath before he goes?
(a) To be faithful.
(b) To stay.
(c) To buy her a ring.
(d) To take her with him.
6. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
7. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
8. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
9. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(a) The police.
(d) Her father.
10. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
(a) Pirate Polly.
(b) Dirty Bar Song.
(c) Pirate Jenny.
(d) Ballad of the Dishwasher.
11. What is Macheath's nickname?
(a) The Prince of Thieves.
(c) Mac the Knife.
(d) The Dark Knight.
12. Who tells Polly that Macheath has several women?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
13. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
14. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
(c) The northern countryside.
15. Which thug mentions Lucy in Act One Scene Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Macheath have a scar?
2. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
3. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
4. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)