|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macheath say about Jimmy II?
(a) Get rid of him.
(c) Clean work.
(d) Impertinent bastard.
2. What is Macheath's nickname?
(a) Mac the Knife.
(b) The Prince of Thieves.
(c) The Dark Knight.
3. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A dancer.
4. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(b) To Tiger Brown.
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The vulgarity of his friends.
(b) The lack of more presents.
(c) The quality of the food.
(d) The lateness of the vicar.
6. What does Polly request the thugs do while she sings in Act One?
(a) Pretend they're beggars.
(b) Pretend they're customers at a bar.
(d) Pretend to pay her money.
7. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
8. Who is the author of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) Bertolt Brecht.
(b) Vsevolod Meyerhold.
(c) Erwin Piscator.
(d) Vladimir Mayakovsky.
9. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
(b) The northern countryside.
10. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Tiger Brown.
11. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
12. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Queen Margaret.
(d) Queen Victoria.
13. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His face.
(b) His hand.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
14. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
(a) Daniel's Message.
(b) The War Cry.
(c) The Cannon Song.
(d) The Soldier's Ballad.
15. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Macheath always wear?
2. What is Matthew's nickname?
3. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
4. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
5. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)