|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Peachum's fee for services?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
2. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the brothel.
(d) To the courthouse.
3. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Bill and Mary.
(b) Victoria and William.
(c) Lucy and William.
(d) Joseph and Mary.
4. Who sings "Barbara Song"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
5. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
6. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Fancy evening apparel.
(b) Police uniforms.
(c) Servants' uniforms.
(d) Beggars' outfits.
7. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
8. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
9. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A list of charges.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A marriage certificate.
10. What nickname does Macheath refer to Tiger Brown as?
11. What does Macheath say about Jimmy II?
(a) Clean work.
(b) Impertinent bastard.
(c) Get rid of him.
12. What does Mac order the legs cut off from in Act One Scene Two?
(a) A harpsichord.
(b) A robber.
(c) A piano.
(d) The Queen.
13. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(b) Keep eating.
(c) Attack him.
(d) Greet him.
14. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
(b) Only if she wants.
(d) If he doesn't return.
15. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
(a) Yesterday morning.
(b) Yesterday at five-o-clock.
(c) This morning.
(d) Yesterday at noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the opening of Act One Scene Two?
2. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
3. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
4. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
5. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)