|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
(a) This morning.
(b) Yesterday at five-o-clock.
(c) Yesterday at noon.
(d) Yesterday morning.
2. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
3. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Gifts from the Queen.
(b) Stolen furniture.
4. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
(b) Mr. Peachum.
5. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) The Modern Musical.
(b) Epic Theatre.
(c) Avant Garde.
6. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) Peachum's shop.
(b) The jail.
(c) The garden.
(d) The stable.
7. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Go back to Macheath.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Change clothes.
(d) Get divorced.
8. How many holdups does Macheath commit according to his charges?
9. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
10. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) A robbery.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(d) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
11. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Macheath and Ned.
(b) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(c) Polly and Macheath.
(d) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
12. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
13. Which character says, "What I need is artists. Only an artist can tug at anybody's heart strings nowadays"?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
14. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
(d) The northern countryside.
15. Who sings "Barbara Song"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
2. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
3. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
4. Who is spoken to in an "aside"?
5. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)