|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His neck.
(b) His arm.
(c) His hand.
(d) His face.
2. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(b) Cordial Medoc.
(d) Smelling salts.
3. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
(b) The northern countryside.
4. Why do the beggars return to Peachum's shop in Act One Scene Three?
(a) To give news from Macheath.
(b) To take Polly away.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To complain about their costumes.
5. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
6. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) A robbery.
(d) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
7. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The garden.
(b) The stable.
(c) The jail.
(d) Peachum's shop.
8. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
(a) The Day of Bill's Last Breath.
(b) The Wedding Ballad.
(c) The Church Bells of Manchester.
(d) Wedding song for the Less Well-off.
9. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
10. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Police uniforms.
(b) Fancy evening apparel.
(c) Servants' uniforms.
(d) Beggars' outfits.
11. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
(a) Pirate Polly.
(b) Pirate Jenny.
(c) Dirty Bar Song.
(d) Ballad of the Dishwasher.
12. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) Jimmy eats it.
(c) The police confiscate it.
(d) Someone drops it.
13. What happens to the soldier's in Macheath and Brown's ballad in Act One?
(a) They go to a saloon.
(b) They die.
(c) They win medals.
(d) They win the war.
14. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
15. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
(c) Mr. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
2. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
3. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
4. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
5. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)