|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A picket sign.
(d) A gun.
2. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Prince Albert.
(c) Queen Victoria.
(d) Queen Margaret.
3. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
(a) Polly Peachum.
(b) Jonathan Peachum.
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
4. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(a) Greet him.
(c) Attack him.
(d) Keep eating.
5. Who does Mac knock to the ground in Act One Scene Two?
6. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A dishwasher.
7. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) Old Bailey.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) British Clinker.
(d) London's Can.
8. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
9. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(a) To Tiger Brown.
10. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
11. What does Macheath always wear?
(b) A top hat.
(c) A white suit.
(d) Kid gloves.
12. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
13. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Epic Theatre.
(c) Avant Garde.
(d) The Modern Musical.
14. What is Macheath's nickname?
(b) The Prince of Thieves.
(c) The Dark Knight.
(d) Mac the Knife.
15. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Polly and Macheath.
(b) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(c) Macheath and Ned.
(d) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the beggars return to Peachum's shop in Act One Scene Three?
2. What is Low-Dive Jenny's profession?
3. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
4. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
5. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)