|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matthew?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A thief.
(c) A pimp.
(d) A prostitute.
2. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(d) A robbery.
3. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
(a) The Wedding Ballad.
(b) The Church Bells of Manchester.
(c) Wedding song for the Less Well-off.
(d) The Day of Bill's Last Breath.
4. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(a) Baker Street District.
(c) East District.
(d) North District.
5. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matt the Murderer.
(b) Matt the Mint.
(c) Matthew Moneybags.
(d) Matt the Mooch.
6. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Lucy and William.
(b) Bill and Mary.
(c) Victoria and William.
(d) Joseph and Mary.
7. What is the Sheriff's name?
8. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Margaret.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
9. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
10. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
11. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
12. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) Mac the Knife.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) Antony and Cleopatra.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
13. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
(a) Yesterday morning.
(b) Yesterday at noon.
(c) Yesterday at five-o-clock.
(d) This morning.
14. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) Peachum's shop.
(b) The garden.
(c) The jail.
(d) The stable.
15. What is the reward for turning in Macheath?
(a) Two hundred pounds.
(b) Sixty pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Forty pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
2. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
3. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
4. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
5. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)