|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
2. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Thief's Emporium.
(b) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(c) The Outpost.
(d) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
3. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To the brothel.
4. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) There is nothing he can do for him now.
(d) He does his best to keep him out of prison.
5. What does Macheath say about Jimmy II?
(a) Impertinent bastard.
(b) Clean work.
(d) Get rid of him.
6. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Keeping peace.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
(d) Killing the king.
7. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Get divorced.
(b) Change clothes.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Go back to Macheath.
8. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
9. Who is Matthew?
(a) A pimp.
(b) A thief.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A prostitute.
10. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The garden.
(b) Peachum's shop.
(c) The stable.
(d) The jail.
11. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(a) The police.
(c) Her father.
12. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
(a) The Modern Musical.
(b) Epic Theatre.
(d) Avant Garde.
13. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
14. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
15. Who is Mr. Peachum's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
2. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
3. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
4. What does Mac order the legs cut off from in Act One Scene Two?
5. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)