|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the beggars return to Peachum's shop in Act One Scene Three?
(a) To take Polly away.
(b) To complain about their costumes.
(c) To give news from Macheath.
(d) To ask for money.
2. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
3. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Victoria and William.
(b) Bill and Mary.
(c) Lucy and William.
(d) Joseph and Mary.
4. Does Macheath want Polly to let out his rooms?
(a) If he doesn't return.
(c) Only if she wants.
5. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Macheath and Ned.
(c) Polly and Macheath.
(d) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
6. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Go back to Macheath.
(b) Make dinner.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Change clothes.
7. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A nightgown.
8. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) London's Can.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) British Clinker.
(d) Old Bailey.
9. What is the name of the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
(a) Daniel's Message.
(b) The Cannon Song.
(c) The Soldier's Ballad.
(d) The War Cry.
10. What is Jake's nickname?
(a) Pickpocket Jake.
(b) Cross-eyed Jake.
(c) Crook-finger Jake.
(d) Cut-throat Jake.
11. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Keeping peace.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
(d) Killing the king.
12. Who is Matthew?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A pimp.
(c) A thief.
(d) A beggar.
13. Which thug mentions Lucy in Act One Scene Two?
14. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
15. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Fancy evening apparel.
(b) Police uniforms.
(c) Servants' uniforms.
(d) Beggars' outfits.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
2. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
3. Where is the carpet from at Macheath and Polly's feast?
4. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
5. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)