|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Macheath always wear?
(b) Kid gloves.
(c) A white suit.
(d) A top hat.
2. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Queen Margaret.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Prince Albert.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
3. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) Jimmy eats it.
(c) The police confiscate it.
(d) Someone drops it.
4. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
(a) Wedding song for the Less Well-off.
(b) The Church Bells of Manchester.
(c) The Day of Bill's Last Breath.
(d) The Wedding Ballad.
5. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
6. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
7. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) British Clinker.
(b) Old Bailey.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) London's Can.
8. What does Mac order the legs cut off from in Act One Scene Two?
(a) A robber.
(b) A harpsichord.
(c) The Queen.
(d) A piano.
9. Who tells Polly that Macheath has several women?
(c) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
10. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
11. What does Polly request the thugs do while she sings in Act One?
(a) Pretend they're beggars.
(c) Pretend to pay her money.
(d) Pretend they're customers at a bar.
12. What is Mr. Peachum's fee for services?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
13. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A dancer.
14. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
15. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
(c) Polly and Macheath.
(d) Macheath and Ned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
2. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
3. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
4. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
5. What does Polly ask of Macheath before he goes?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)