Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peachum tell his daughter to do in Act One Scene Three?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Go back to Macheath.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Change clothes.
2. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) The Beggar's Opera.
(b) Antony and Cleopatra.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) Mac the Knife.
3. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(b) Smelling salts.
(d) Cordial Medoc.
4. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
5. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
6. What is Mr. Peachum's fee for services?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
7. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(c) Her father.
(d) The police.
8. What is in the vans arriving in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Gifts from the Queen.
(c) Stolen furniture.
9. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(a) Low-Dive Jenny.
(b) Tiger Brown.
(d) Polly Peachum.
10. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A walking stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A picket sign.
11. What does Macheath always wear?
(b) A white suit.
(c) A top hat.
(d) Kid gloves.
12. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
(a) Pirate Polly.
(b) Dirty Bar Song.
(c) Pirate Jenny.
(d) Ballad of the Dishwasher.
13. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) There is nothing he can do for him now.
(d) He does his best to keep him out of prison.
14. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
15. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Beggars' outfits.
(b) Police uniforms.
(c) Servants' uniforms.
(d) Fancy evening apparel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
2. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
3. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
4. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
5. Where does the narrator say Macheath flees to in Act Two Scene Four?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)