|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "But love is the finest thing in the world"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) To the brothel.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the prison.
3. What happens to the soldier's in Macheath and Brown's ballad in Act One?
(a) They win the war.
(b) They win medals.
(c) They go to a saloon.
(d) They die.
4. What does Macheath say about Jimmy II?
(b) Get rid of him.
(c) Clean work.
(d) Impertinent bastard.
5. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) The police confiscate it.
(b) Someone drops it.
(c) Jimmy eats it.
(d) It is stolen.
6. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) In a day.
(c) In a week.
(d) Two hours.
7. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His arm.
(b) His neck.
(c) His hand.
(d) His face.
8. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(b) The Ballad Singer.
9. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
10. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
11. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
12. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Stealing jewelry.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Killing the king.
(d) Keeping peace.
13. What does Brown tell Polly about Macheath?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He kills him.
(c) There is nothing he can do for him now.
(d) He does his best to keep him out of prison.
14. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Thief's Emporium.
(b) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
(c) The Outpost.
(d) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
15. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
2. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
3. What part of London does Act One Scene Two take place?
4. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
5. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)