|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Tiger Brown.
(c) Polly Peachum.
(d) Low-Dive Jenny.
2. Who sings "Barbara Song"?
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
3. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
(a) Keep eating.
(b) Greet him.
(c) Attack him.
4. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
(a) Prince Albert.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Queen Margaret.
5. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Police uniforms.
(b) Fancy evening apparel.
(c) Servants' uniforms.
(d) Beggars' outfits.
6. What is the reward for turning in Macheath?
(a) Sixty pounds.
(b) One hundred pounds.
(c) Forty pounds.
(d) Two hundred pounds.
7. Who does Macheath leave in charge of business when he leaves?
8. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(b) Baker Street District.
(c) North District.
(d) East District.
9. What is the Sheriff's name?
10. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the brothel.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the courthouse.
(d) To the prison.
11. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
12. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
(a) A nightgown.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A kitten.
13. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) British Clinker.
(b) Old Bailey.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) London's Can.
14. Who sings, "What the use of grieving, when the mother who bore you (Mary, pity women!) knows it all before you"?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
15. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(c) Smelling salts.
(d) Cordial Medoc.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
2. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
3. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
4. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
5. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)