|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the celebration for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Macheath's wedding to Polly.
(b) The Queen's coronation.
(c) The marriage of Macheath and Lucy.
(d) A robbery.
2. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) The police confiscate it.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) Someone drops it.
(d) Jimmy eats it.
3. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
(b) Mrs. Peachum.
(c) Jonathan Peachum.
(d) Polly Peachum.
4. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His hand.
(b) His neck.
(c) His face.
(d) His arm.
5. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(b) Polly Peachum.
(c) Tiger Brown.
(d) Low-Dive Jenny.
6. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The stable.
(b) The jail.
(c) Peachum's shop.
(d) The garden.
7. When does Matthew say the Archbishop of Canterbury is to arrive?
(a) Two hours.
(b) In a week.
(c) In a day.
(d) Half an hour.
8. What does Mrs. Peachum refer to Macheath as?
(a) A murderous villain.
(b) A horse thief and highwayman.
(c) A bandit.
(d) A tawdry slut.
9. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
10. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A list of charges.
(c) A marriage certificate.
(d) A wedding ring.
11. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(b) Mac the Knife.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
12. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
13. Which character says, "What I need is artists. Only an artist can tug at anybody's heart strings nowadays"?
(c) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
14. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Thief's Emporium.
(b) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(c) The Outpost.
(d) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
15. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A dishwasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
2. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
3. Who is Matthew?
4. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
5. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)