|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(b) Smelling salts.
(c) Cordial Medoc.
2. Where is Polly to send Macheath's money?
(d) To Tiger Brown.
3. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
(a) A picket sign.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A walking stick.
(d) A gun.
4. What does Macheath always wear?
(b) A white suit.
(c) A top hat.
(d) Kid gloves.
5. What "surprise gift" do the thugs uncover at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) A bed.
(b) A clock.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A wardrobe.
6. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(b) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
(c) The Thief's Emporium.
(d) The Outpost.
7. Who tells Polly that Macheath has several women?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
8. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) Britain Protection.
(c) London Yard.
(d) The Queen's Island.
9. What does Polly ask of Macheath before he goes?
(a) To take her with him.
(b) To buy her a ring.
(c) To be faithful.
(d) To stay.
10. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A list of charges.
(b) A marriage certificate.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A wedding ring.
11. Where does Act Two Scene Four take place?
(a) The garden.
(b) Peachum's shop.
(c) The jail.
(d) The stable.
12. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
13. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
14. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(b) Baker Street District.
(c) East District.
(d) North District.
15. What part of London does Act One Scene Two take place?
(b) East End.
(c) Little Village.
(d) The Wharf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
2. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
3. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
4. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
5. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's wife?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)