|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(b) The Ballad Singer.
2. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
(a) British Clinker.
(b) London's Can.
(c) Old Bailey.
(d) Scotland Yard.
3. What is Tiger Brown's profession?
4. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A list of charges.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A marriage certificate.
5. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the brothel.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the prison.
(d) To the courthouse.
6. What happens to the fois gras for the feast?
(a) Jimmy eats it.
(b) Someone drops it.
(c) It is stolen.
(d) The police confiscate it.
7. Which is NOT one of the soldier's names in the song Macheath and Brown sing at the feast?
8. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
(a) The Church Bells of Manchester.
(b) The Day of Bill's Last Breath.
(c) The Wedding Ballad.
(d) Wedding song for the Less Well-off.
9. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Killing the king.
(c) Stealing jewelry.
(d) Keeping peace.
10. Who sings at the end of Act One Scene Two?
(a) Mrs. Peachum and Mr. Peachum.
(b) Macheath and Ned.
(c) Polly and Macheath.
(d) Polly and Mr. Peachum.
11. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
(b) Mr. Peachum.
12. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) Mac the Knife.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) Antony and Cleopatra.
13. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
(c) Mr. Peachum.
14. What does Mac order the legs cut off from in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The Queen.
(b) A piano.
(c) A harpsichord.
(d) A robber.
15. Which character says, "Where'er you go I shall be with you"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
2. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
3. What do the Gang change into in Act One Scene Two?
4. What is the setting of the opening of Act One Scene Two?
5. Where does Macheath seduce two sisters under the age of consent?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)