|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
(a) Mrs. Peachum.
2. Which character says, "What I need is artists. Only an artist can tug at anybody's heart strings nowadays"?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
3. Who do the thieves sing about in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Joseph and Mary.
(b) Bill and Mary.
(c) Lucy and William.
(d) Victoria and William.
4. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
5. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matt the Murderer.
(b) Matt the Mooch.
(c) Matt the Mint.
(d) Matthew Moneybags.
6. Which character is beaten for begging on the streets without a license?
7. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(a) Her father.
(d) The police.
8. What play is The Threepenny Opera based upon?
(a) Antony and Cleopatra.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) Mac the Knife.
9. What is Low-Dive Jenny's profession?
10. To which district is Filch assigned in Act One?
(a) East District.
(c) Baker Street District.
(d) North District.
11. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
(a) Tiger Brown.
(b) Low-Dive Jenny.
(d) Polly Peachum.
12. What does Mr. Peachum hold in his hand when singing "First Threepenny Finale"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A gun.
(c) A picket sign.
(d) A walking stick.
13. What is the name of the song the thugs sing at the feast?
(a) Wedding song for the Less Well-off.
(b) The Day of Bill's Last Breath.
(c) The Wedding Ballad.
(d) The Church Bells of Manchester.
14. Where are Macheath and Tiger soldiers together?
15. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
(a) Britain Protection.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) London Yard.
(d) The Queen's Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sings a morning hymn in Act One Scene One?
2. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
3. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
4. What do the gang members do when Brown arrives?
5. What is the term for the style of production of The Threepenny Opera?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)