|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Peachum's fee for services?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 50 percent.
2. Who pays Mac a visit in Act One Scene Two?
(a) Tiger Brown.
(d) Mr. Peachum.
3. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
(c) Mr. Peachum.
4. How many shopkeepers does Macheath kill, according to his charges?
5. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The lack of more presents.
(b) The lateness of the vicar.
(c) The quality of the food.
(d) The vulgarity of his friends.
6. Where does Macheath have a scar?
(a) His arm.
(b) His hand.
(c) His face.
(d) His neck.
7. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(d) The Ballad Singer.
8. What present do the thugs give to Polly?
(a) A nightgown.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A diamond necklace.
9. Who does Mac knock to the ground in Act One Scene Two?
10. Who says, "If you are, these gentlemen would rip your pants off long ago and tan your ass for you"?
11. What is the song about that Polly sings for the thugs?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A seamstress.
(c) A dancer.
(d) A dishwasher.
12. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
(a) Ballad of the Dishwasher.
(b) Pirate Jenny.
(c) Pirate Polly.
(d) Dirty Bar Song.
13. What does Macheath say he's "going to go over" to in a few weeks?
(b) The police.
(c) Her father.
14. What does Polly get to revive her mother in Act One Scene Three?
(b) Cordial Medoc.
(d) Smelling salts.
15. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
(a) The Beggar's Friend, Ltd.
(b) The Beggar's Fund, Ltd.
(c) The Thief's Emporium.
(d) The Outpost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matthew's nickname?
2. What is the name of the police headquarters in London?
3. Who is the main character in The Threepenny Opera?
4. What is the name of the prison or jailhouse?
5. In what city does The Threepenny Opera take place?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)