|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Polly bring with her to see Macheath in Act Two Scene Four?
(a) A list of charges.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A wedding ring.
(d) A marriage certificate.
2. What part of London does Act One Scene Two take place?
(a) Little Village.
(b) East End.
(d) The Wharf.
3. What is Brown's concern regarding the coronation?
(a) Keeping peace.
(b) Killing the king.
(c) Robbing a bank.
(d) Stealing jewelry.
4. Why do the beggars return to Peachum's shop in Act One Scene Three?
(a) To complain about their costumes.
(b) To give news from Macheath.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To take Polly away.
5. Who sings the prologue of The Threepenny Opera?
(d) The Ballad Singer.
6. What does Mac apologize to Polly for in Act One Scene Two?
(a) The quality of the food.
(b) The lack of more presents.
(c) The lateness of the vicar.
(d) The vulgarity of his friends.
7. To whom does Mac say "you drink too much"?
8. Where does Mrs. Peachum go after Act One Scene Three?
(a) To the brothel.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the courthouse.
9. Which character says, "You get that every day at Mac the Knife's. You've landed in the honey pot all right."
10. Which character says, "What do you mean, pretty? It's not pretty, you idiot! It's art, it's not pretty."
(d) Mr. Peachum.
11. Who threatens to "tan your behind" to Polly?
(b) Mr. Peachum.
(c) Mrs. Peachum.
12. Which thug mentions Lucy in Act One Scene Two?
13. What is Matthew's nickname?
(a) Matt the Mooch.
(b) Matt the Mint.
(c) Matt the Murderer.
(d) Matthew Moneybags.
14. Who sings the Ballad of Sexual Obsession?
(a) Mr. Peachum.
(d) Mrs. Peachum.
15. When does Mrs. Peachum tell Mr. Peachum Polly gets married?
(a) Yesterday at noon.
(b) Yesterday morning.
(c) This morning.
(d) Yesterday at five-o-clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose coronation is taking place during the time of the play?
2. What is the name of the song Polly sings for dinner entertainment in Act One?
3. For whom does the character Matt work?
4. Who does Peachum take with him to see the Sheriff?
5. What is the name of Jonathan Peachum's business?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)