|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does d'Artagnan find when no one shows up for his evening meeting at St. Cloud?
2. Who is Lady de Winter fascinated with, according to her servant?
3. Aramis is a Musketeer would wants to be what?
4. What does Athos do to the man who he tells his real name to?
5. How many pistoles of gold does the King bestow on d'Artagnan after hearing of his bravery in the fight on the tennis courts?
Short Essay Questions
1. When d'Artagnan finds Aramis closeted with a curate and Jesuit, what does Aramis tell d'Artagnan his wound is a sign of?
2. When d'Artagnan has his first face-to-face meeting with the cardinal, what does the cardinal offer him?
3. Who takes the messages from the four friends to their intended recipients?
4. What are the three parting gifts that d'Artagnan's father gives him?
5. How does Felton engineer an escape for Lady de Winter?
6. What are the two different messages that the besieged town and the cardinal are waiting to hear from Buckingham?
7. What happens when d'Artagnan confesses that de Wardes is never in Lady de Winter's chambers, that it is himself instead?
8. What is the basis of the bet the Musketeers make with the dragoons?
9. Who is the man in the red cloak who accompanies the men to Lady de Winter's hotel in Armentieres?
10. How do Felton's high moral standards contribute to his trusting Lady de Winter, even though he knows he should not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is honesty? What is integrity? What characters in the book show honesty and integrity, and how do they do this? What is the importance of honesty and integrity to the overall theme of the book? Support your answer with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Aramis' desire to enter into the priesthood define his character and the actions his character takes? Use specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is friendship? What role does friendship have in the story? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)