|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When no one meets d'Artagnan at St. Cloud, where does he go to spend the night?
2. What language is spoken between My Lady and Lord de Winter?
3. Who first says, " All for one and one for all"?
4. How long, once they return to Paris, do the friends have to be equipped for battle?
5. What relationship is M. des Essarts to M. de Treville?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is d'Artagnan torn by his feelings for Lady de Winter?
2. What are the three parting gifts that d'Artagnan's father gives him?
3. What is the basis of the bet the Musketeers make with the dragoons?
4. What does the letter from Constance Bonancieux tell d'Artagnan to do in order to catch a glimpse of her passing by Chaillot road?
5. Why does Porthos not make the journey to London with d'Artagnan, and instead leaves the group at the tavern in Chantilly?
6. How does the executioner kill Lady de Winter?
7. Why is it unfortunate that the four friends gamble, or sell, the fine horses they have from Buckingham?
8. How is M. Bonancieux's apartment turned into a mousetrap?
9. How does Dumas present his story?
10. What does Lady de Winter do when she discovers that Madame Bonancieux is at the same convent as her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of "All for one and one for all" to the characters in the story? What does that statement mean? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the story, define what honor is, and what importance and role it has for the characters and the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is a climax of a story? What is the climax of this story, and why? Use specific examples from the story to support your conclusion.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)