|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When d'Artagnan shows Athos the jewelry he gets from Lady de Winter, why is Athos stunned?
2. When no one meets d'Artagnan at St. Cloud, where does he go to spend the night?
3. Which of the four friends likes to gamble?
4. What is the name of d'Artagnan's valet?
5. How much money does Madame Coquenard give Porthos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dumas present his story?
2. How do the Musketeers hear the conversation between the cardinal and "My Lady" at the Red Dove Cot Tavern?
3. How do Felton's high moral standards contribute to his trusting Lady de Winter, even though he knows he should not?
4. What are the three parting gifts that d'Artagnan's father gives him?
5. What is the chink that Lady de Winter finds in Felton that allows her to win him over?
6. Why does Porthos not make the journey to London with d'Artagnan, and instead leaves the group at the tavern in Chantilly?
7. How is M. Bonancieux's apartment turned into a mousetrap?
8. How does Kitty show d'Artagnan what Lady de Winter is really like?
9. Why does Athos turn down d'Artagnan's offer of his mother's salve and a delay in their duel?
10. When d'Artagnan finds Aramis closeted with a curate and Jesuit, what does Aramis tell d'Artagnan his wound is a sign of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a hero? Who is the hero in the story and why? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is a climax of a story? What is the climax of this story, and why? Use specific examples from the story to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
What is the major conflict in the book? What type of conflict is it? Why is that conflict important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)