|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship is M. des Essarts to M. de Treville?
2. What does the Duke ask from the queen as a pledge of her regard?
3. What does the queen give d'Artagnan to show her thanks?
4. Where does d'Artagnan find Aramis after returning to Paris?
5. Who first says, " All for one and one for all"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lord de Winter impressed with d'Artagnan?
2. What happens, in the end, between d'Artagnan and Rochefort?
3. What does Athos take from Lady de Winter for the good of the state?
4. The King is annoyed that the cardinal knows more about his kingdom that he does. The king goes and talks to the queen, to ask her what the cardinal knows, and instead does what?
5. When d'Artagnan has his first face-to-face meeting with the cardinal, what does the cardinal offer him?
6. How does Lady de Winter explain the brand on her shoulder to Felton?
7. How does the executioner kill Lady de Winter?
8. Why does d'Artagnan assume that the names of the Musketeers are assumed names?
9. How is Lady de Winter related to Lord de Winter?
10. What dream does the queen have, and then tell the duke when she sees him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the major conflict in the book? What type of conflict is it? Why is that conflict important to the story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of religion in the story of The Three Musketeers? Cite specific examples from the reading to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is a romantic story? How is The Three Musketeers a romantic story? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)