|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord de Winter is also known by what name?
2. How many men come to arrest d'Artagnan's landlord?
3. How long, once they return to Paris, do the friends have to be equipped for battle?
4. How many pistoles of gold does the King bestow on d'Artagnan after hearing of his bravery in the fight on the tennis courts?
5. What does "My Lady" steal from Buckingham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady de Winter tell Rochefort that she has to leave the convent?
2. Why does Porthos not make the journey to London with d'Artagnan, and instead leaves the group at the tavern in Chantilly?
3. How does Felton gain access to Buckingham at his house?
4. Why does M. de Treville not let d'Artagnan tell him the secret?
5. How does Kitty show d'Artagnan what Lady de Winter is really like?
6. What does Lady de Winter imply, in private conversations, to Felton?
7. How does Porthos procure the money needed to be equipped for the regiment's campaign?
8. What does Athos receive, that has money for his equipage?
9. How does Dumas present his story?
10. What does Lady de Winter do when she discovers that Madame Bonancieux is at the same convent as her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is loyalty? Using examples from the book to support your answer; who is the most loyal character in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is friendship? What role does friendship have in the story? Cite specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony? What role does irony have in the story? Cite examples from the book to support your conclusion.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)