|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the King want to meet the three Musketeers and d'Artagnan after hearing of their fight with the cardinal's guards?
2. Who is Mousqueton?
3. How does Lady de Winter ask d'Artagnan to prove his love for her?
4. What relationship does Porthos' mistress claim Porthos is to her, in front of her husband?
5. What is Dumas researching in the library when he finds the memoirs that are the basis of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. When d'Artagnan has his first face-to-face meeting with the cardinal, what does the cardinal offer him?
2. Who is Labin?
3. When Lady de Winter sees that it is Lord de Winter who captures her, what does she try and tell him?
4. What favor does M. Bonancieux ask of d'Artagnan in lieu of his lagging rent?
5. Why is d'Artagnan torn by his feelings for Lady de Winter?
6. How does Kitty show d'Artagnan what Lady de Winter is really like?
7. When d'Artagnan finds Aramis closeted with a curate and Jesuit, what does Aramis tell d'Artagnan his wound is a sign of?
8. How does Felton gain access to Buckingham at his house?
9. What does Lady de Winter do when she discovers that Madame Bonancieux is at the same convent as her?
10. How is Lady de Winter related to Lord de Winter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Aramis' desire to enter into the priesthood define his character and the actions his character takes? Use specific examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does Porthos' emphasis on his image define his character and the actions his character takes throughout the story? Cite specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why is there a tension between the King and the cardinal? What role does that tension have in the story? How does that tension create other plots? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)