|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women does Porthos flirt with in order to come up with his equipage?
2. What job does d'Artagnan's landlord's wife hold?
(a) Dress-maker to the queen.
(b) Seamstress to the queen.
(c) Weaver for the queen.
(d) Embroideress to the queen.
3. What is the Cardinal's name?
4. How many men did Athos kill after d'Artagnan slipped away?
5. When d'Artagnan gets to Paris, how much does he sell his horse for?
(a) Half a crown.
(b) Two crowns.
(c) One crown.
(d) Three crowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady de Winter's servant love?
2. How long is the slave of absence that d'Artagnan asks M. de Treville for?
3. Who is Mousqueton?
4. What relationship does Porthos' mistress claim Porthos is to her, in front of her husband?
5. How does d'Artagnan prevent Lady de Winter from hurting him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three parting gifts that d'Artagnan's father gives him?
2. How is M. Bonancieux's apartment turned into a mousetrap?
3. What does Lady de Winter imply, in private conversations, to Felton?
4. Why does Athos turn down d'Artagnan's offer of his mother's salve and a delay in their duel?
5. How does Dumas portray M. de Treville?
6. How does Lady de Winter explain the brand on her shoulder to Felton?
7. What is the fabricated tale that Lady de Winter tells Felton about Buckingham?
8. Why does the innkeeper, where Athos is holed up in the cellar, feel punished?
9. When d'Artagnan has his first face-to-face meeting with the cardinal, what does the cardinal offer him?
10. The King is annoyed that the cardinal knows more about his kingdom that he does. The king goes and talks to the queen, to ask her what the cardinal knows, and instead does what?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)