|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Porthos' mistress?
(a) A teacher's wife.
(b) A preacher's wife.
(c) A doctor's wife.
(d) An attorney's wife.
2. How long, once they return to Paris, do the friends have to be equipped for battle?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
3. At what time do the men leave Paris for London?
(a) Two o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Three o'clock in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock in the morning.
(d) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
4. What does the cardinal suggest the King do the cheer up the queen?
(a) Go on vacation.
(b) Order her more dresses.
(c) Throw a ball.
(d) Go on a hunting expedition.
5. What language is spoken between My Lady and Lord de Winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money comes to Athos in a letter from his lady friend?
2. Who functions as a second to d'Artagnan in his duel at noon?
3. Why does M. Bonancieux pass out in the carriage after being questioned?
4. What does the Duke ask from the queen as a pledge of her regard?
5. Why do the men stop in a tavern at Chantilly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Musketeers hear the conversation between the cardinal and "My Lady" at the Red Dove Cot Tavern?
2. Who is the man in the red cloak who accompanies the men to Lady de Winter's hotel in Armentieres?
3. How does Dumas present his story?
4. How do Felton's high moral standards contribute to his trusting Lady de Winter, even though he knows he should not?
5. What reason does the queen give for not wearing her diamond studs to the ball?
6. Why does d'Artagnan assume that the names of the Musketeers are assumed names?
7. How is Lady de Winter related to Lord de Winter?
8. How does Kitty show d'Artagnan what Lady de Winter is really like?
9. What does Athos receive, that has money for his equipage?
10. Why is d'Artagnan torn by his feelings for Lady de Winter?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)