|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Lady de Winter's maid?
2. What relationship does Porthos' mistress claim Porthos is to her, in front of her husband?
3. Which of the four friends likes to gamble?
4. Whos is in a portrait that d'Artagnan sees at Buckingham's residence?
(a) Anne of Spain.
(b) Anne of Germany.
(c) Anne of Austria.
(d) Anne of England.
5. What does "My Lady" steal from Buckingham?
(a) Two diamonds.
(b) Two rubies.
(c) Two opals.
(d) Two emeralds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Cardinal's name?
2. How long is the slave of absence that d'Artagnan asks M. de Treville for?
3. Where does Dumas come across the memoirs that he uses as the basis of the book?
4. What does Athos want d'Artagnan to do with the jewelry Lady de Winter gives him?
5. When the Duke sees the queen, she tells him of a dream in which he dies from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lord de Winter impressed with d'Artagnan?
2. Why does M. de Treville not let d'Artagnan tell him the secret?
3. When Lady de Winter realizes that she is unable to abduct Madame Bonancieux, what does she do?
4. What does the letter, from Lady de Winter, tell the two men who attack d'Artagnan?
5. How does Buckingham prevent the missing diamonds from getting to France?
6. How do Athos and d'Artagnan use the ring Lady de Winter gives d'Artagnan?
7. Why does d'Artagnan assume that the names of the Musketeers are assumed names?
8. When d'Artagnan finds Aramis closeted with a curate and Jesuit, what does Aramis tell d'Artagnan his wound is a sign of?
9. How does Dumas portray M. de Treville?
10. Why is it unfortunate that the four friends gamble, or sell, the fine horses they have from Buckingham?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)