|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best characterizes Lady de Winter?
2. Where does d'Artagnan find Aramis after returning to Paris?
(a) Closeted with a curate.
(b) In a church.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In an inn.
3. Why does M. Bonancieux pass out in the carriage after being questioned?
(d) Sleep deprevation.
4. What is Dumas researching in the library when he finds the memoirs that are the basis of this book?
(a) Louis the Thirteenth.
(b) Louis the Thirteenth.
(c) Louis the Fourteenth.
(d) Louis the Sixteenth.
5. Who does Athos say the money he receives in a letter is from?
(a) A publisher of his stories.
(b) A publisher of his art.
(c) A publisher of his poems.
(d) A publisher of his book.
6. How does Lady de Winter ask d'Artagnan to prove his love for her?
(a) By avenging her against de Wards.
(b) By protecting her on her journey.
(c) By sleeping with her maid.
(d) By avenging her against Athos.
7. What town do d'Artagnan and Planchet make it to before their horse drop with exhaustion?
8. Where, in the inn, does Athos barricade himself?
(a) The outhouse.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The attic.
(d) The stable.
9. What is Madame Bonancieux's first name?
10. When does the story of The Three Musketeers begin?
(a) April 1725.
(b) April 1625.
(c) April 1425.
(d) April 1525.
11. How many taps does Madame Bonancieux give on the window before receiving a handkerchief?
12. When does d'Artagnan have to return to Lady de Winter to finalize their plans to get revenge against de Wardes?
(a) 10:30 that evening.
(b) 11:30 that evening.
(c) 11:00 that evening.
(d) 10:00 that evening.
13. How much, per horse, is the cost to get a horse for battle?
(a) 2,000 livres.
(b) 2,000 crowns.
(c) 2,000 pence.
(d) 2,000 guildes.
14. Where does M. de Treville write a letter of introduction for d'Artagnan?
(a) The Royal Trainers.
(b) The Royal Institute.
(c) The Royal Academy.
(d) The Royal Guard.
15. What stone is in the jewelry that Lady de Winter gives d'Artagnan when she thinks he is de Wardes?
(a) An emerald.
(b) A ruby.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A sapphire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money comes to Athos in a letter from his lady friend?
2. Where does Dumas come across the memoirs that he uses as the basis of the book?
3. How many pistoles of gold does the King bestow on d'Artagnan after hearing of his bravery in the fight on the tennis courts?
4. Who is the queen's brother?
5. Why does d'Artagnan say he spares Lord de Winter's life?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)