|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When d'Artagnan gets to Paris, how much does he sell his horse for?
(a) Two crowns.
(b) One crown.
(c) Three crowns.
(d) Half a crown.
2. At what time is d'Artagnan supposed to be at St. Cloud?
(a) Eight o'clock in the evening.
(b) Nine o'clock in the evening.
(c) Eleven o'clock in the evening.
(d) Ten o'clock in the evening.
3. What does d'Artagnan find when no one shows up for his evening meeting at St. Cloud?
(a) Signs of a struggle.
(b) Signs of a watcher.
(c) Signs of an ambush.
(d) Signs of a set-up.
4. Who does M. de Treville suggest that d'Artagnan take with him to London?
(a) The three Musketeers.
(b) Porthos and Athos.
(d) Porthos and Aramis.
5. Who does Buckingham think steals the jewels that are in the box the queen gives him?
(a) Princess de Winter.
(b) Marquess de Winter.
(c) Duchess de Winter.
(d) Countess de Winter.
6. What does the queen give d'Artagnan to show her thanks?
(b) A jewel.
(c) A ring.
(d) A bracelet.
7. Why does d'Artagnan get in a duel with a gentleman at an Inn at Meung?
(a) The gentleman insult him.
(b) The gentleman insult his father.
(c) The gentleman insult his clothing.
(d) The gentleman insult his horse.
8. Who is d'Artagnan dueling at noon?
9. What do the Musketeer's do to the swords of those they beat with d'Artagnan for the first time?
(a) Break them.
(b) Throw them away.
(c) Confiscate them.
(d) Bury them.
10. Where, in the inn, does Athos barricade himself?
(a) The stable.
(b) The outhouse.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The attic.
11. Where does d'Artagnan find Aramis after returning to Paris?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) Closeted with a curate.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a church.
12. Why does M. Bonancieux pass out in the carriage after being questioned?
(c) Sleep deprevation.
13. Why does d'Artagnan say he spares Lord de Winter's life?
(a) Because he likes de Winter.
(b) Because he wants his horses back.
(c) Because he doesn't like to kill people.
(d) Because he loves de Winter's sister.
14. How does Lady de Winter ask d'Artagnan to prove his love for her?
(a) By sleeping with her maid.
(b) By protecting her on her journey.
(c) By avenging her against de Wards.
(d) By avenging her against Athos.
15. What does the Duke ask from the queen as a pledge of her regard?
(a) A handkerchief she uses.
(b) A ribbon she wears.
(c) Jewelry she wears.
(d) An old scarf she wears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cardinal suggest the King do the cheer up the queen?
2. The letter that My Lady from the church needs to deliver to a servant asks for what?
3. What is the name of d'Artagnan's valet?
4. Why does d'Artagnan get into an argument with Porthos?
5. Which of the four friends likes to gamble?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)