|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best characterizes Lady de Winter?
2. How much money does Madame Coquenard give Porthos?
(a) 900 francs.
(b) 800 francs.
(c) 700 francs.
(d) 1000 francs.
3. Where does Dumas come across the memoirs that he uses as the basis of the book?
(a) Bibliotheque Nationale.
(b) Nationale Bibilotecha.
(c) Nationale Bibliotheque.
(d) Bibliotech Nationale.
4. How many taps does Madame Bonancieux give on the window before receiving a handkerchief?
5. Who does M. de Treville suggest that d'Artagnan take with him to London?
(b) The three Musketeers.
(c) Porthos and Aramis.
(d) Porthos and Athos.
6. How many pistoles of gold does the King bestow on d'Artagnan after hearing of his bravery in the fight on the tennis courts?
7. What is Dumas researching in the library when he finds the memoirs that are the basis of this book?
(a) Louis the Sixteenth.
(b) Louis the Thirteenth.
(c) Louis the Thirteenth.
(d) Louis the Fourteenth.
8. What relationship is M. des Essarts to M. de Treville?
(d) Brother in law.
9. After d'Artagnan establishes an alibi with M. de Treville, where does he see Madame Bonancieux?
(a) At the palace.
(b) At Athos' house.
(c) At Porthos' house.
(d) At Aramis' house.
10. Why does d'Artagnan get into an argument with Porthos?
(a) Over his sword.
(b) Over his belt.
(c) Over his handkerchief.
(d) Over his shoes.
11. What relationship does Porthos' mistress claim Porthos is to her, in front of her husband?
12. What does Lady de Winter give d'Artagnan at night, when she thinks he is de Wardes?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A broach.
(d) A bracelet.
13. When does the story of The Three Musketeers begin?
(a) April 1525.
(b) April 1625.
(c) April 1725.
(d) April 1425.
14. Where does d'Artagnan find Aramis after returning to Paris?
(a) Closeted with a curate.
(b) In an inn.
(c) Under a tree.
(d) In a church.
15. At what time do the men leave Paris for London?
(a) Three o'clock in the afternoon.
(b) Two o'clock in the afternoon.
(c) Two o'clock in the morning.
(d) Three o'clock in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does d'Artagnan find when no one shows up for his evening meeting at St. Cloud?
2. How does Lord de Winter win some magnificent horses?
3. What does Athos want d'Artagnan to do with the jewelry Lady de Winter gives him?
4. When d'Artagnan sees the mark on Lady de Winter's shoulder, what does she try to kill him with?
5. What is the fleur-de-lis?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)