|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8 in Strange Interlude?
2. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
3. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
4. A drunken sailor gives Brant the news of what, in Act 4 of The Hunted?
5. Who does Lavinia ask Brant about in Act 3 of Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
2. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
3. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
4. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
5. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
6. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
7. What are Orin's and Christine's reactions upon first seeing each other in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra?
8. Why are the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra ironic?
9. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
10. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the setting of each of the three plays affects the action and the characters. How are the settings different in the plays? What correlates to each? Discuss era and historical period in your answer as well as location.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions and events which occur in The Hunted. Which play of the Oresteia is this play an adaptation of? How do the plot points differ than in Aeschylus' play?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the themes of Desire Under the Elms to those of Strange Interlude. What themes exist in both plays? How do they differ thematically?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)