|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Orin and Lavinia returning from in Act 1 of The Haunted?
(b) In New York.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In Canada.
2. Where is the Mannon family home located ?
(c) New England.
(d) New York City.
3. Where does Act 1 of The Hunted begin?
(a) Outside the Mannon house.
(b) Ezra's bedroom.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) The parlor.
4. Lavinia accuses who of getting the poison, in Act 3 of The Hunted?
5. Who does Lavinia ask Brant about in Act 3 of Homecoming?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Lavinia been in the beginning of Act 1 of Homecoming?
2. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
3. To what does Christine express extreme shock at seeing in Act 3 of The Hunted?
4. What does Christine give to Ezra in the end of Homecoming?
5. What is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Act 3 of The Hunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Orin's and Christine's reactions upon first seeing each other in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra?
2. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
3. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra.
4. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
5. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
6. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
7. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
8. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
9. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
10. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9 in Strange Interlude? What are her feelings?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)