|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lack of emotion do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
2. Who does Christine go to warn at the end of Act 2 of The Hunted?
3. How long have Lavinia and Orin been away in Act 1 of The Haunted?
(a) Two years.
(b) Several months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
4. Where does Act 4 of Homecoming take place?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) Ezra's bedroom.
(c) The parlor.
(d) Outside the Mannon home.
5. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) Long Island.
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lavinia produce as proof of her suspicions in Act 3 of The Hunted?
2. Where does Act 1 of The Hunted begin?
3. Who does Gordon feel was indifferent about his father's illness in Strange Interlude?
4. Who is Lavinia's mother?
5. In what room of the house does Act 2 of The Haunted take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
2. What does Lavinia ask Brant in Act 3 of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What takes place during this discussion?
3. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
4. What does Nina think about doing in the end of Act 9 in Strange Interlude? What are her feelings?
5. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
6. What are Orin's and Christine's reactions upon first seeing each other in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra?
7. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
8. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
9. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
10. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)