|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ailment does Ezra suffer from?
(b) A stroke.
(d) Heart condition.
2. Whose speech does Orin's seem an echo of, in Act 1 of The Hunted?
3. Who is Lavinia's brother?
4. What war has the Mannon patriarch been fighting, in Act 1 of Homecoming?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) The Mexican War.
5. What friends of Lavinia's come to visit in Act 1 of Homecoming?
(a) Hazel and Orin.
(b) Hazel and Peter.
(c) Sarah and Paul.
(d) Ezra and Christine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
2. Who does Christine say has become mentally unhinged in Act 2 of The Hunted?
3. Where does Act 4 of The Hunted take place?
4. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted?
5. What new character is introduced in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
2. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
3. What are Orin's and Christine's reactions upon first seeing each other in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra?
4. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
5. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
6. Describe the exposition which takes place at the beginning of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra. Who is speaking, and what is discussed?
7. Why are the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra ironic?
8. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
9. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
10. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)