|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orin say he was outside looking for in Act 1 of The Haunted?
2. A drunken sailor gives Brant the news of what, in Act 4 of The Hunted?
(a) Lavinia's death.
(b) Christine's death.
(c) Ezra's death.
(d) Orin's death.
3. What does Ezra suffer from in Act 4 of Homecoming?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Asthma attack.
4. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8 in Strange Interlude?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
5. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted?
(a) A novel.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) The Mannon family history.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Christine give to Ezra in the end of Homecoming?
2. Who does Gordon feel that Nina truly loved?
3. Lavinia's statement at the end of Act 1 Scene 1 of The Haunted, that the past is the past, is an example of what?
4. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
5. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Haunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
2. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
3. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
4. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
5. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
6. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
7. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
8. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
9. When Christine enters in Act 3 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what is her reaction? How does this change Orin's mind?
10. What does Lavinia ask Brant in Act 3 of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What takes place during this discussion?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)