|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gordon feel that Nina truly loved?
2. Orin reacts with what, upon seeing Lavinia and Peter kissing in Act 1 of The Haunted?
3. Who does Lavinia ask Brant about in Act 3 of Homecoming?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. Who does Orin swear he will kill if Lavinia's suspicions are true in Act 1 of The Hunted?
5. Where does Act 5 take place in The Hunted?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) Outside the Mannon house.
(c) The wharf.
(d) The yacht.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8 in Strange Interlude?
2. What is Orin suffering from after the war, in Act 3 of Homecoming?
3. Who does Gordon feel was indifferent about his father's illness in Strange Interlude?
4. Whose speech does Orin's seem an echo of, in Act 1 of The Hunted?
5. Who accuses Lavinia of trying to separate her from Orin, in Act 1 of The Hunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
2. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
3. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
4. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
5. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
6. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
7. Describe the exposition which takes place at the beginning of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra. Who is speaking, and what is discussed?
8. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
9. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
10. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)