|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ailment does Ezra suffer from?
(a) A stroke.
(c) Heart condition.
2. Whose lack of emotion do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
3. Orin comments to Lavinia that their arguing makes him think what, in Act 2 of The Haunted?
(a) They're becoming their parents.
(b) They're becoming like lovers.
(c) They're becoming unhinged.
(d) They're both suicidal.
4. Where does Act 4 of The Hunted take place?
(a) Outside the Mannon house.
(b) The wharf.
(c) Ezra's bedroom.
(d) Ezra's study.
5. Who is Lavinia's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the patriarch of the Mannon family, who has been away at war, in Act 1 of Homecoming?
2. For whom does Lavinia harbor a secret admiration?
3. Where does Act 5 take place in The Hunted?
4. Who kills Brant in Act 4 of The Hunted?
5. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
2. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
3. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
4. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
5. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
6. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
7. Why are the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra ironic?
8. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
9. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
10. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)