|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lack of emotion do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
2. Where is the Mannon family home located ?
(a) New England.
(b) New York City.
3. Where are Orin and Lavinia returning from in Act 1 of The Haunted?
(a) In Canada.
(c) In Mexico.
(d) In New York.
4. Who does Ezra say has gathered to wait for him, in Act 4 of Homecoming?
(a) His children.
(b) The townspeople.
(c) His ex-wives.
(d) His ancestors.
5. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brant's ship in Act 4 of The Hunted?
2. Where does Act 4 of The Hunted take place?
3. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
4. Who does Christine say has become mentally unhinged in Act 2 of The Hunted?
5. For whom does Lavinia harbor a secret admiration?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
2. Who does Darrell talk about in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Why does this upset Nina?
3. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
4. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
5. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
6. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
7. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
8. Describe the exposition which takes place at the beginning of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra. Who is speaking, and what is discussed?
9. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
10. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)