|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Hazel and Peter discuss how ill someone is. Who is this person?
2. Who does Christine go to warn at the end of Act 2 of The Hunted?
3. What is Orin speaking to in the beginning of Act 3 of The Hunted?
(a) His father's body.
(b) His sister's corpse.
(c) His father's ashes.
(d) His father's portrait.
4. What has Ezra had a premonition of in Act 4 of Homecoming?
(a) Orin's death.
(b) His death.
(c) Christine's death.
(d) Brant's death.
5. Where is Act 2 of Homecoming set?
(a) Ezra's bedroom.
(b) The parlor.
(c) Ezra's study.
(d) Outside the Mannon home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose lack of emotion do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
2. Who has died in Act 9 of Strange Interlude?
3. What is the setting of Act 3 in The Hunted?
4. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
5. In what year does Homecoming begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
2. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
3. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
4. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
5. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
6. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
7. Why are the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra ironic?
8. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
9. What exposition is taking place at the beginning of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? Who is present?
10. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)