|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 3 in The Hunted?
(a) The harbor.
(b) Ezra's study.
(c) Outside the Mannon house.
(d) The cemetery.
2. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Leave forever.
(d) Join the race.
3. Whose grief do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
4. Who is Lavinia's mother?
5. A drunken sailor gives Brant the news of what, in Act 4 of The Hunted?
(a) Christine's death.
(b) Lavinia's death.
(c) Orin's death.
(d) Ezra's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1 of The Haunted take place?
2. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
3. What does Lavinia produce as proof of her suspicions in Act 3 of The Hunted?
4. Who is present at the opening of Act 9, in Strange Interlude?
5. What friends of Lavinia's come to visit in Act 1 of Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
2. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
3. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
4. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
5. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra.
6. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
7. What exposition is taking place at the beginning of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? Who is present?
8. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
9. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
10. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)