|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Lavinia harbor a secret admiration?
2. What new character is introduced in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
3. Who is Lavinia's father?
4. Who does Orin swear he will kill if Lavinia's suspicions are true in Act 1 of The Hunted?
5. Who is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house does Act 2 of The Haunted take place?
2. Who accuses Lavinia of trying to separate her from Orin, in Act 1 of The Hunted?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1 of Homecoming take place?
4. Where are Orin and Lavinia returning from in Act 1 of The Haunted?
5. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3 in Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Christine enters in Act 3 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what is her reaction? How does this change Orin's mind?
2. What are Orin's and Christine's reactions upon first seeing each other in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra?
3. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
4. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra.
5. Describe the exposition which takes place at the beginning of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra. Who is speaking, and what is discussed?
6. Why are the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra ironic?
7. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
8. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
9. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
10. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)