|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marsden decide to do in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
(a) Leave forever.
(b) Join the race.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Go sailing.
2. Whose lack of emotion do the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Hunted?
3. Who does Nina say she'll marry in Act 9 of Strange Interlude?
4. Lavinia accuses who of getting the poison, in Act 3 of The Hunted?
5. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Hazel and Peter discuss how ill someone is. Who is this person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
2. Where does Act 1, Scene 1 of Homecoming take place?
3. Who does Gordon feel was indifferent about his father's illness in Strange Interlude?
4. How much time has passed between Acts 2 and 3 in Homecoming?
5. Who is present at the opening of Act 9, in Strange Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lavinia ask Brant in Act 3 of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What takes place during this discussion?
2. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
3. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
4. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
5. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
6. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
7. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
8. When Christine enters in Act 3 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what is her reaction? How does this change Orin's mind?
9. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
10. Describe the exposition which takes place at the beginning of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra. Who is speaking, and what is discussed?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)