|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orin swear he will kill if Lavinia's suspicions are true in Act 1 of The Hunted?
2. How much time passes between Acts 7 and 8 in Strange Interlude?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Ten years.
3. What does Lavinia produce as proof of her suspicions in Act 3 of The Hunted?
(a) The pillbox.
(b) The dagger.
(c) The ring.
(d) The letters.
4. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
(a) Long Island.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New York City.
5. Who has died in Act 9 of Strange Interlude?
Short Answer Questions
1. What war has the Mannon patriarch been fighting, in Act 1 of Homecoming?
2. What is the setting of Act 3 in The Hunted?
3. Who accuses Lavinia of trying to separate her from Orin, in Act 1 of The Hunted?
4. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted?
5. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra.
2. When Christine enters in Act 3 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what is her reaction? How does this change Orin's mind?
3. How does the theme of justice in The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra relate to the same theme in The Oresteia?
4. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
5. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
6. How does Lavinia's crying out to her father in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra reflect similar scenes in the other two plays?
7. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
8. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
9. In Act 2 of The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, what discussion takes place between Hazel, Peter, Orin, Christine, and Lavinia?
10. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)