|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 9 take place, in Strange Interlude?
(b) Long Island.
(c) New York City.
(d) New Hampshire.
2. Who does Ezra say has gathered to wait for him, in Act 4 of Homecoming?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) His children.
(d) His ex-wives.
3. Who is the first person who speaks in Act 1 of Homecoming?
4. What kind of ailment does Ezra suffer from?
(a) A stroke.
(b) Heart condition.
5. In what year does Homecoming begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. A drunken sailor gives Brant the news of what, in Act 4 of The Hunted?
2. What new character is introduced in Act 8 of Strange Interlude?
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 1 of Homecoming take place?
4. What do Seth and the townspeople discuss in Act 1 of The Haunted?
5. Who is Lavinia's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
2. Who is Christine in Mourning Becomes Electra? What do she and Lavinia discuss when she first enters?
3. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
4. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
5. What exposition is taking place at the beginning of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? Who is present?
6. How is Orin described as in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What does he speak of when he arrives?
7. What is significant about Orin's comment of Brant's face in The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 5?
8. What does Lavinia ask Brant in Act 3 of Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What takes place during this discussion?
9. What do Peter, Hazel, and Lavinia discuss upon their arrival in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra?
10. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)