|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lavinia's statement at the end of Act 1 Scene 1 of The Haunted, that the past is the past, is an example of what?
2. Where does Act 5 take place in The Hunted?
(a) Ezra's study.
(b) The wharf.
(c) The yacht.
(d) Outside the Mannon house.
3. Who enters with Lavinia and Peter in Act 1 of The Hunted?
4. What is the name of Brant's ship in Act 4 of The Hunted?
(a) "St. Simeon."
(b) "Flying Trades."
5. What friends of Lavinia's come to visit in Act 1 of Homecoming?
(a) Hazel and Orin.
(b) Sarah and Paul.
(c) Hazel and Peter.
(d) Ezra and Christine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room of the house does Act 2 of The Haunted take place?
2. Who commits suicide in the ending of The Hunted?
3. Where is the Mannon family home located ?
4. How long have Lavinia and Orin been away in Act 1 of The Haunted?
5. What does Christine give to Ezra in the end of Homecoming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Orin writing in Act 2 of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? What is Lavinia's reaction?
2. Who interrupts Gordon and Madeline in Act 9 of Strange Interlude? What are this character's thoughts about them?
3. Describe the scene in Ezra's bedroom when he dies in Mourning Becomes Electra.
4. Describe the foreshadowing which takes place in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra.
5. Where is Act Two set in Homecoming, Mourning Becomes Electra? What discussion takes place between Lavinia and Christine here?
6. What exposition is taking place at the beginning of The Haunted, Mourning Becomes Electra? Who is present?
7. In The Hunted, Mourning Becomes Electra, Act 3, what do Orin and Lavinia discuss in the study?
8. Discuss the characters of Hazel and Peter in the trilogy of Mourning Becomes Electra. What is their role, symbolically?
9. What is Nina jealous of in Act 8 of Strange Interlude? Who knows about this?
10. Describe Ezra's return in Mourning Becomes Electra.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)