|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms, Ephraim prays, "An' God hearkened unto _____!".
2. Ephraim calls Abbie his what, in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) Rose o' Sharon.
(b) Dovie Love.
(c) Hen o' the house.
(d) Missy Sparkle.
3. With whom does Eben go to sleep in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
(b) The cows.
4. Where does Eben say he's leaving to go, in Part 3, Scene 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(b) New Mexico.
5. Why does Leeds say he hated Gordon?
(a) He was envious of his wealth.
(b) He was jealous of Nina's love.
(c) He stole his wife.
(d) He was jealous of Marsden's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ephraim say he'd turn free when he died?
2. How much money does Eben give to Simeon and Peter in Desire Under the Elms?
3. What is the father's name in Desire Under the Elms?
4. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger" in Strange Interlude?
5. Where is the Cabot farmhouse in Desire Under the Elms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Abbie and Eben say to one another alone in the beginning of Part 3 in Desire Under the Elms?
2. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
3. What does Abbie confess to Eben in Part 3 in Desire Under the Elms? What is his reaction?
4. What does Ephraim say to Eben in Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms that causes Eben to lash out at Abbie?
5. What has happened between Acts 5 and 6 of Strange Interlude? Who reveals the exposition at the beginning of this act?
6. How does Evans know Darrell in Strange Interlude? How does he feel about him?
7. What does the argument over the estate devolve to between the brothers in Part 1 of Desire Under the Elms?
8. How does Nina feel about her family in Act 7 of Strange Interlude? How does she feel about her life and about Darrell?
9. In the climax of Part 3 in Desire Under the Elms, what takes place between Abbie, Ephraim and Eben?
10. How does Eben's position in the household contribute to his conflicts over the estate in Desire Under the Elms?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)