|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eben say he's leaving to go, in Part 3, Scene 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(c) New Mexico.
2. Who has Nina married in Act 3 of Strange Interlude?
3. In the final scene of Desire Under the Elms, Ephraim comments to the Sheriff that the farm is a what?
4. How old is Abbie's son, in Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
5. How much money does Eben give to Simeon and Peter in Desire Under the Elms?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ephraim's new wife in Desire Under the Elms?
2. Who has Evans invited over this evening, at the beginning of Act 4 in Strange Interlude?
3. What has Nina named her baby?
4. Why does Eben offer the others money in Part 1 of Desire Under the Elms?
5. In Scene 3 of Part 3 in Desire Under the Elms, Ephraim is asleep in his bedroom as Abbie confesses what to Eben?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital in Strange Interlude?
2. What news does Eben return to the farmhouse to inform his brothers of, in Part 1 of Desire Under the Elms? What is the brothers' reaction?
3. How does Gordon feel about Darrell in Act 7 of Strange Interlude? How does he respond to Darrell's comments about Evans?
4. What is Abbie doing when Part 3 begins in Desire Under the Elms? What is the talk of the town about?
5. What is the symbolic statement behind Abbie and Eben's entrance into the parlor in Part 2 in Desire Under the Elms?
6. Why does Nina say she's going away in Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
7. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him in Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
8. Describe the "character" of Minnie in Desire Under the Elms. What is she representative of?
9. The morning after their "tryst," how do Abbie and Eben feel in Desire Under the Elms? How does Ephraim feel?
10. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3 of Strange Interlude?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)