|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina talk about in her soliloquy at the beginning of Act 5 in Strange Interlude?
(a) Her sorrow of Leeds' death.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her love for Marsden.
(d) Her love of Leeds.
2. Who has Nina married in Act 3 of Strange Interlude?
3. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
4. What does Abbie refer to the woman as that Eben is going to see, in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
5. What song does the fiddler play in Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) The Needle in the Haystack.
(b) The Moonlight Brigade.
(c) Lady on the Lake.
(d) The Sunlight Waltz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened in Act 5 with Evan's work?
2. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger" in Strange Interlude?
3. What is the father's name in Desire Under the Elms?
4. What does Marsden say that Darrell seemed when he encountered him abroad?
5. Who does everyone say Nina's baby resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the conflicts arise between the family in Desire Under the Elms? How do the characters' objectives lead to the essential conflict?
2. What does Abbie confess to Eben in Part 3 in Desire Under the Elms? What is his reaction?
3. Describe the thematic elements which are shared by Desire Under the Elms and the other plays in the collection.
4. Why does Leeds believe that Nina hates him in Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
5. How does Eben's position in the household contribute to his conflicts over the estate in Desire Under the Elms?
6. What does Nina reveal in reading aloud her letter in Act 3 of Strange Interlude?
7. What is the symbolic statement behind Abbie and Eben's entrance into the parlor in Part 2 in Desire Under the Elms?
8. What happens in the falling action and resolution of Desire Under the Elms?
9. What does Darrell tell Marsden about Nina's behavior at the hospital in Strange Interlude?
10. What does the argument over the estate devolve to between the brothers in Part 1 of Desire Under the Elms?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)