|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abbie tell Eben he's all "slicked up" like in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) A prize bull.
(b) A city boy.
(c) A lion in winter.
(d) A baby.
2. In what room of the house does Part 2, Scene 3 of Desire Under the Elms take place?
(a) Abbie's room.
(b) The parlor.
(c) Eben's room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. In what year does Desire Under the Elms take place?
4. Who says, "All the other women in the world aren't worth your little finger" in Strange Interlude?
5. What is Evans' first name?
6. In what language does Leeds read at the end of Act 1 in Strange Interlude?
7. What song does the fiddler play in Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) The Sunlight Waltz.
(b) Lady on the Lake.
(c) The Needle in the Haystack.
(d) The Moonlight Brigade.
8. In what state is Ephraim, in the beginning of Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
9. How much time has passed between Part 2 and Part 3 of Desire Under the Elms?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four months.
10. Where is the Cabot farmhouse in Desire Under the Elms?
(b) New England.
(c) New Mexico.
11. What does Darrell hate about Gordon in Act 7 of Strange Interlude?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His name.
(c) His temper.
(d) His demeanor.
12. What does Marsden do for a living?
(a) He is a publicist.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is an ad man.
(d) He is a writer.
13. Where does Marsden accuse Nina of getting her ideas from, in Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
(b) Her father.
14. What has Nina named her baby?
15. How old is Ephraim's new wife in Desire Under the Elms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbie say will beat Eben in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
2. Where has Marsden been before the play begins in Strange Interlude?
3. Where does Nina say she is going in Part 1, Act 1 in Strange Interlude?
4. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately, in Act 4 of Strange Interlude?
5. Who says, "It's a wise father who knows his own child" in Strange Interlude?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)