|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has died in Act 5 in Strange Interlude?
(a) Marsden's mother.
(b) Leeds' brother.
(c) Marsden's sister.
(d) Evans' mother.
2. Whose death is Nina lamenting in the beginning of Strange Interlude?
(a) Frank Marsden.
(b) Sam Evans.
(c) Gordon Shaw.
(d) Gordon Williams.
3. Where does Marsden encounter Darrell, before Act 6 in Strange Interlude?
4. Where does Act 3 take place in Strange Interlude?
(a) Evans' dining room.
(b) Leeds' study.
(c) Evans' study.
(d) Marsden's study.
5. What is Simeon's brother's name in Desire Under the Elms?
6. How much time passes between Acts 6 and 7 in Strange Interlude?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Ten years.
7. In what year does Desire Under the Elms take place?
8. What does Ephraim say God is in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
9. Where is the Cabot farmhouse in Desire Under the Elms?
(a) New England.
(b) New Mexico.
10. How old is Ephraim in Desire Under the Elms?
11. How old is Ephraim's new wife in Desire Under the Elms?
12. Who does Abbie tease Eben about in Part 2 of Desire Under the Elms?
13. Who finds Professor Leeds' body?
14. How long does Evans say he and Nina have been sleeping separately, in Act 4 of Strange Interlude?
(a) One year.
(b) Five months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Five years.
15. In Part 1 of Desire Under the Elms, how long has it been since Simeon's woman died?
(a) 22 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 18 years.
(d) 15 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ephraim when he came to the farm?
2. Who has Nina married in Act 3 of Strange Interlude?
3. Who speaks first in soliloquy in Part 1, Act 1 of Strange Interlude?
4. Who is the woman Eben goes to visit in Desire Under the Elms?
5. What is the name of Ephraim's new wife in Desire Under the Elms?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)