|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
4. How does J. describe Reading?
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three literary devices Jerome uses to develop a character of your choosing in "Three Men in a Boat."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three literary devices Jerome uses to make the scenery in "Three Men in a Boat" become more vivid and realistic for the reader. Make sure to use specific quotations and/or examples from the text for each device discussed.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast one of the major characters (Harris, George, or Jerome) with himself at the beginning of "Three Men in a Boat" and himself at the conclusion of the novel.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)