|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
2. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
3. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
4. Who ultimately claims that he caught the large fish mounted in the pub?
5. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze whether or not work/labor is portrayed in a positive or negative way in "Three Men in a Boat." Use at least 3 examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze why Jerome would include the suicide of the woman in Chapter 16. How does this suicide add to the text? What effect on the reader did Jerome intend by including such a dreadful event in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how alcohol/drinking/being drunk is portrayed in "Three Men in a Boat" as well as why Jerome would include the instances he does of characters drinking/having too much to drink in the text.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)