Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
4. How does J. describe Reading?
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
Which character (Harris, George, or J.) is portrayed in the most positive light? What from the text most informs this opinion? Use specific examples to support your thesis.
Discuss how alcohol/drinking/being drunk is portrayed in "Three Men in a Boat" as well as why Jerome would include the instances he does of characters drinking/having too much to drink in the text.
Discuss at least 3 literary devices which Jerome uses to create the humorous tone throughout the novel. Make sure to use at least one direct example from the text for each device discussed.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)