|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
4. How does J. describe Reading?
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze whether or not work/labor is portrayed in a positive or negative way in "Three Men in a Boat." Use at least 3 examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast one of the major characters (Harris, George, or Jerome) with himself at the beginning of "Three Men in a Boat" and himself at the conclusion of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
"Three Men in a Boat" has never gone out of print in its 120+ year history. Discuss at least three aspects of the novel that readers have identified with over the years. Will those aspects continue to connect with readers in the future? If so, how?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)