Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
4. How does J. describe Reading?
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the portrayal of women with the portrayal of men in "Three Men in a Boat."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze why Jerome would include the suicide of the woman in Chapter 16. How does this suicide add to the text? What effect on the reader did Jerome intend by including such a dreadful event in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze what Montmorency brings to the text. Discuss three things that would be missing were he not included in the story.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)