|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sign that George's watch might be broken in the story J. tells?
2. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
3. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
4. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
5. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the portrayal of women with the portrayal of men in "Three Men in a Boat."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least one conflict the main characters (J., George, and Harris) have during their journey. How do they resolve it? What does the reader learn about at least one character through the conflict and its resolution?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three challenges present for the reader in knowing that the entire story of "Three Men in a Boat" is told from the point of view of J.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)