Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
4. How does J. describe Reading?
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
Essay Topic 1
Which character (Harris, George, or J.) is portrayed in the most positive light? What from the text most informs this opinion? Use specific examples to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
"Three Men in a Boat" has never gone out of print in its 120+ year history. Discuss at least three aspects of the novel that readers have identified with over the years. Will those aspects continue to connect with readers in the future? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
In a well-written essay, discuss why the portrayal of the journey up the river in "Three Men in a Boat" is completely unrealistic and unbelievable for the average reader. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your position.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)