|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
2. After what meal do the men decide to replenish their stored food?
3. What attracts the men to stop in Streatly, even though they weren't planning on it?
4. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
5. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast one of the major characters (Harris, George, or Jerome) with himself at the beginning of "Three Men in a Boat" and himself at the conclusion of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary devices Jerome uses to develop a character of your choosing in "Three Men in a Boat."
Essay Topic 3
Which character (Harris, George, or J.) is portrayed in the most positive light? What from the text most informs this opinion? Use specific examples to support your thesis.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)