|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
2. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
3. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
4. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
5. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character from the text and analyze whether or not this character is likable by the average reader. What three main characteristics does this character have that may connect with an average reader of "Three Men in a Boat"?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary devices Jerome uses to develop a character of your choosing in "Three Men in a Boat."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices which Jerome uses to create the humorous tone throughout the novel. Make sure to use at least one direct example from the text for each device discussed.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)