|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom are Streatly and Goring popular?
(a) Beautiful women.
2. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
3. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He kills it.
(b) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
(c) He is intimidated by it.
(d) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
4. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Set up their beds.
(b) Make a few phone calls.
(c) Do an inventory count.
(d) Write letters home.
5. What does J. consider Marlow to be?
(a) One of the most attractive river towns on the trip.
(b) A horrible place where everything is too expensive.
(c) A horrible place where the people smell bad.
(d) Heaven on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
2. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
3. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
4. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
5. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
2. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
3. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
4. Why do the men decide to get their clothes washed in Streatly?
5. What kinds of methods do the men use to try to open their canned goods during the trip?
6. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
7. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
8. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
9. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
10. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)