|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
(a) Navigating by the stars.
(b) Rowing at sea.
(c) Making navigational maps.
(d) Fixing boats with leaks.
2. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
(a) Way too salty.
(c) It is scorched by the fire.
(d) Way too sweet.
3. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A very pompous scene.
(b) An awkward scene.
(c) A terrifying scene.
(d) A very romantic scene.
4. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
(b) His own.
(d) The captain's.
5. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(a) Peas and carrots.
(b) Peas and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
2. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
3. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
4. In the story he tells, how does J. get saved from being stuck at the top of a pole?
5. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
2. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
3. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
4. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
5. What ends up happening to the men's canned pineapple?
6. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
7. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
8. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
9. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
10. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)