|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
2. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(b) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(c) Montmorency barking and a light.
(d) Police sirens and the light of flames.
3. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
4. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He becomes afraid.
(b) He disappears for awhile.
(c) He naps.
(d) He gets into the spirit.
5. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) He is getting sunburned.
(b) He showed them such a good time in town.
(c) His turn is over.
(d) He has hurt himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
2. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
3. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
4. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
5. What does J. remark about people's impression of their own work while on a boat?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)