|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does J. have to pay for the boat he rents with friends on a windy day?
(a) Only one shilling.
(b) A few dollars.
(c) Quite a bit.
(d) No money.
2. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(b) They scold him.
(c) They put it in the stew.
(d) They ignore him.
3. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
4. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) He is getting sunburned.
(b) He has hurt himself.
(c) His turn is over.
(d) He showed them such a good time in town.
5. What skill is J. apparently lacking to be a great fisherman?
(a) He is not patient enough.
(b) He is not a good enough liar.
(c) He feels too bad for the fish.
(d) He doesn't know how to tie good knots in the fishing line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
2. What does J. remark about people's impression of their own work while on a boat?
3. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
4. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
5. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men pretend to ignore the steam launch when it approaches them?
2. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
3. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
4. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
5. Why do the men decide to get their clothes washed in Streatly?
6. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
7. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
8. What kind of story is J. reminded of when he sees Montmorency attack the cat?
9. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
10. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)