|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
(a) Put it on a high flame.
(b) Stare at it.
(c) Put it on a low flame.
(d) Ignore it.
2. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
(a) At a pub.
(b) In a steam launch.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
(a) George and Harris.
(b) J. and George.
(c) Harris and J.
(d) Just George.
4. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(c) The dog.
5. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
(a) Queen Mary.
(b) King Harry.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
2. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
3. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
4. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
5. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
2. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
3. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
4. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
5. What does J. complain about sarcastically concerning the problem with being towed?
6. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
7. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
8. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
9. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
10. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)