|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does J. describe Reading?
(a) As a Monet painting.
(b) As a scene from Norman Rockwell.
(c) As heaven on earth.
(d) As unattractive.
2. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Visiting a tavern.
(b) Visiting a diner.
(c) Bathing in the river.
(d) Watching a local riot.
3. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
(a) An "Irish" stew.
(b) An "English" stew.
(c) An "American" stew.
(d) A "Scottish" stew.
4. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(d) It was really dirty.
5. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) At a pub.
(c) In a steam launch.
(d) In an inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
2. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
3. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
4. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
5. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
2. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
3. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
4. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
5. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
6. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
7. What does J. complain about sarcastically concerning the problem with being towed?
8. Why does George's reaction change from laughter when J. accidentally flings his own shirt into the river?
9. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
10. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)