|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(b) The air mattress has a hole in it.
(c) The tents keep collapsing.
(d) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
2. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A very pompous scene.
(b) A terrifying scene.
(c) An awkward scene.
(d) A very romantic scene.
3. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(b) He faints.
(c) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
(d) He plays a trick on J.
4. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
(a) Fishing at the shore.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) At his office.
(d) Still in bed.
5. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) It was really dirty.
(c) It was full.
(d) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
2. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
3. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
4. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
5. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
2. How do George and J. end up getting to Henley?
3. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
4. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
5. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
6. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
7. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
8. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
9. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
10. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)