|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
(b) The dog.
(c) No other character.
2. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) He is getting sunburned.
(b) He showed them such a good time in town.
(c) He has hurt himself.
(d) His turn is over.
3. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) In the river.
(b) In a pond.
(c) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(d) In the boat's bathtub.
4. After Hentley, the men decide to row the boat instead of what other option?
(a) Letting it float.
(b) Using the engine.
(c) Towing it.
(d) Sailing it.
5. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
(a) They have forgotten the can opener.
(b) It is strangely stuck shut.
(c) It has all melted together.
(d) Their can opener gets taken by the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
2. What attracts the men to stop in Streatly, even though they weren't planning on it?
3. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
4. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
5. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. think about rowing on the sea?
2. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
3. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
4. What kinds of methods do the men use to try to open their canned goods during the trip?
5. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
6. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
7. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
8. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
9. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
10. How do George and J. end up getting to Henley?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)