|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
(d) No one because they use the sail.
2. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Visiting a diner.
(b) Bathing in the river.
(c) Watching a local riot.
(d) Visiting a tavern.
3. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Hang hoops and canvas.
(b) Get blankets from storage.
(c) Blow up their air mattresses.
(d) Set up tents.
4. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(b) They ignore him.
(c) They scold him.
(d) They put it in the stew.
5. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(b) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
2. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
3. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
4. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
5. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. think about rowing on the sea?
2. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
3. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
4. How do George and J. end up getting to Henley?
5. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
6. What kinds of methods do the men use to try to open their canned goods during the trip?
7. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
8. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
9. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
10. Why do the men decide to get their clothes washed in Streatly?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)