|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Put some snacks out.
(b) Put the tea kettle on.
(c) Preheat the oven.
(d) Read the recipe.
2. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(c) The Magna Charta.
(d) The Constitution.
3. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
(d) No one because they use the sail.
4. How does J. describe Reading?
(a) As a Monet painting.
(b) As heaven on earth.
(c) As a scene from Norman Rockwell.
(d) As unattractive.
5. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
(a) Brightly colored clothes.
(b) Large boxes.
(c) Lots and lots of bubbles.
(d) Something black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
2. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
3. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
4. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
5. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
2. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
3. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
4. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
5. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
6. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
7. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
8. Why does George's reaction change from laughter when J. accidentally flings his own shirt into the river?
9. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
10. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)