|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(b) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
(c) He kills it.
(d) He is intimidated by it.
2. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
3. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A newspaper vendor.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A priest.
4. Where does George end up sleeping when he first visits Datchet?
(a) A private home.
(b) The first inn where he stopped.
(c) The second inn where he stopped.
(d) In the forest.
5. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A terrifying scene.
(b) A very romantic scene.
(c) A very pompous scene.
(d) An awkward scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
2. When do most young men begin boating?
3. How does J. describe Reading?
4. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
5. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of story is J. reminded of when he sees Montmorency attack the cat?
2. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
3. Why do the men pretend to ignore the steam launch when it approaches them?
4. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
5. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
6. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
7. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
8. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
9. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
10. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)