|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(a) Peas and potatoes.
(c) Peas and carrots.
2. After Hentley, the men decide to row the boat instead of what other option?
(a) Towing it.
(b) Using the engine.
(c) Sailing it.
(d) Letting it float.
3. What skill is J. apparently lacking to be a great fisherman?
(a) He is not patient enough.
(b) He feels too bad for the fish.
(c) He is not a good enough liar.
(d) He doesn't know how to tie good knots in the fishing line.
4. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(b) He is intimidated by it.
(c) He kills it.
(d) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
5. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
(a) They want to camp there.
(b) It's where they've planned to end their voyage.
(c) They want to spend a few days there.
(d) They just want to drift by it slowly so they can check it out from their boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does J. have to pay for the boat he rents with friends on a windy day?
2. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
3. How does J. describe Reading?
4. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
5. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
2. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
3. What ends up happening to the men's canned pineapple?
4. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
5. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
6. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
7. Why do the men pretend to ignore the steam launch when it approaches them?
8. What kind of story is J. reminded of when he sees Montmorency attack the cat?
9. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
10. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)