|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
(a) Small rowboats.
(c) Cargo ships.
2. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Magna Charta.
3. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A wombat.
4. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He is intimidated by it.
(b) He kills it.
(c) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(d) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
5. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
2. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
3. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
4. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
5. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
2. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
3. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
4. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
5. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
6. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
7. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
8. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
9. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
10. What does J. complain about sarcastically concerning the problem with being towed?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)