|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
(a) In a steam launch.
(b) In an inn.
(c) At a pub.
(d) In a restaurant.
2. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
(a) Fixing boats with leaks.
(b) Navigating by the stars.
(c) Making navigational maps.
(d) Rowing at sea.
3. What skill is J. apparently lacking to be a great fisherman?
(a) He is not patient enough.
(b) He feels too bad for the fish.
(c) He doesn't know how to tie good knots in the fishing line.
(d) He is not a good enough liar.
4. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Set up their beds.
(b) Do an inventory count.
(c) Make a few phone calls.
(d) Write letters home.
5. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
(a) A fruit salad.
(b) Corned beef with mustard.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) A meat pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
2. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
3. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
4. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
5. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
2. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
3. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
4. Why does George's reaction change from laughter when J. accidentally flings his own shirt into the river?
5. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
6. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
7. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
8. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
9. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
10. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)