|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would J. get into trouble when he tried to make rafts?
(a) He was supposed to be at school instead.
(b) He would steal the material he needed.
(c) He made them too small.
(d) He made them too large.
2. With whom are Streatly and Goring popular?
(a) Beautiful women.
3. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
(a) Just Harris.
(b) Some men on shore.
(c) Just J.
(d) George, J., and Harris.
4. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
(d) No one because they use the sail.
5. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Get blankets from storage.
(b) Hang hoops and canvas.
(c) Set up tents.
(d) Blow up their air mattresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
2. When do most young men begin boating?
3. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
4. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
5. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
2. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
3. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
4. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
5. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
6. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
7. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
8. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
9. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
10. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)