|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hentley, the men decide to row the boat instead of what other option?
(a) Towing it.
(b) Using the engine.
(c) Sailing it.
(d) Letting it float.
2. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) Random townspeople.
(b) Delivery boys.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. What is "Picnic Point"?
(a) A famous spot in the river that is good for eating lunch.
(b) The name of J.'s hometown.
(c) The name they give the place on their boat where they always eat.
(d) The name of the place the group stops at when it can't reach Magna Charta as planned.
4. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Blow up their air mattresses.
(b) Set up tents.
(c) Get blankets from storage.
(d) Hang hoops and canvas.
5. How does J. describe Reading?
(a) As a scene from Norman Rockwell.
(b) As heaven on earth.
(c) As a Monet painting.
(d) As unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
2. What do the men argue about in regard to rowing the boat?
3. What does J. consider Marlow to be?
4. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
5. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
2. How does the cat react when Montmorency tries to attack it?
3. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
4. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
5. What formula does J.'s friend have when it comes to exaggerating his fishing successes?
6. How do George and J. end up getting to Henley?
7. What does J. claim one has to do to get a tea kettle to boil?
8. What does J.'s friend miscalculate with the punt when they are boating together?
9. Why does George's reaction change from laughter when J. accidentally flings his own shirt into the river?
10. What does J. think about rowing on the sea?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)