|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) Looking at the stars.
(b) A morning in church.
(c) A full stomach.
(d) Reading the Bible.
2. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A speedboat.
(b) A rowboat.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A sailboat.
3. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(c) They scold him.
(d) They put it in the stew.
4. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) His turn is over.
(b) He showed them such a good time in town.
(c) He has hurt himself.
(d) He is getting sunburned.
5. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) The boat is rocking too much.
(b) He has no reason to get up.
(c) He is getting seriously ill.
(d) The coyotes are too bothersome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
2. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
3. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
4. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
5. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Montmorency burn himself the night everyone makes stew?
2. What kinds of methods do the men use to try to open their canned goods during the trip?
3. What happens that lets George know that everyone is lying about who caught the fish that is mounted on the wall in the pub?
4. What change does J. notice about the group after they eat a large supper near Picnic Point?
5. What does J. think about rowing on the sea?
6. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
7. What ends up happening to the men's canned pineapple?
8. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
9. What does J. claim is the very best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
10. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)