|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(b) Their river guide.
2. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
(b) Using it to play tug-of-war.
(c) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(d) Arguing over it.
3. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
(a) They were up so late packing.
(b) They don't really want to go.
(c) Someone drugged them.
(d) They are all getting sick.
4. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(b) It is never used.
(c) It has recently burned down.
(d) It is continually under construction but never finished.
5. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 7:30 a.m.
(d) 6:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
2. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
3. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
5. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men decide not to pack the oil stove?
2. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
3. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
4. What about the houses in Kingston makes them unique?
5. In the story J. tells while the men are packing, why do all of the other passengers on the train leave when J. enters with large cheeses?
6. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
7. What does J. remark about the weather forecast as the group prepares to leave on their journey?
8. What does Harris say he would like to do to any man who puts up a "no trespassing" sign?
9. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
10. What are the men wearing as they prepare to start their journey?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)