|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) J. and Harris.
(b) George, Harris, and J.
(c) Harris and George.
(d) George and J.
2. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
3. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(c) Hampton Court.
4. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very funny song.
(c) A very sad song.
(d) A very religious song.
5. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Church attire.
(b) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(c) Wet suits.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
2. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
3. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
4. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
5. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
2. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
3. What ends up happening at the inns while George and J. are looking for somewhere to sleep in Datchet?
4. What does J. report happened to two men he saw on shore once, holding a tow line and looking blankly at each other?
5. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
6. Why does J.'s ode to night at the end of Chapter 10 seem so out of character?
7. What does the photographer end up capturing as he prepares to take a picture of J. and George posing vainly by their boat?
8. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
9. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
10. What about the houses in Kingston makes them unique?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)