|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
(a) The newspaper for news on their trip.
(b) Their weight.
(c) Their bank accounts.
(d) The weather.
2. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(b) The narrator's.
3. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
(b) The narrator.
4. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(a) The dog.
5. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
(a) Smoke a fancy cigar.
(b) Go out for a drink.
(c) Give each other a pat on the back.
(d) Have custom tents made.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
2. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
3. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
4. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
5. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
2. How does the man accusing J. and Harris of trespassing respond to their challenges of his claim?
3. Why do the men have such a hard time finding a train to take them to their boat?
4. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
5. What does J. say he actually intended when he volunteered to pack?
6. In the story J. tells while the men are packing, why do all of the other passengers on the train leave when J. enters with large cheeses?
7. Where do J. and Harris ultimately end up getting George?
8. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
9. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
10. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)