|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Pedal pushers.
(c) Large, voluminous gowns.
(d) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
2. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
3. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
(a) Ten days.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days
4. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
5. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(b) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
2. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
3. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
4. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
5. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man accusing J. and Harris of trespassing respond to their challenges of his claim?
2. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
3. What does J. admit he thinks when he reads advertisements for new patent medicines?
4. What are the men wearing as they prepare to start their journey?
5. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
6. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
7. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
8. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
9. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
10. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)