|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) They move very quickly.
(c) They get in frequent accidents.
(d) It is hard to get out of their way.
2. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) After 24 hours.
(b) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(d) Right before the trip is over.
3. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(a) Their mothers.
(c) Their girlfriends.
(d) Their children.
4. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Large cheeses.
(b) Pig feet.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) A barrel of whiskey.
5. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
(c) Silk suits.
(d) Walking shorts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is there a hedge maze?
2. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
3. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
4. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
5. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
2. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
3. Why do the men pretend to ignore the steam launch when it approaches them?
4. Where do J. and Harris ultimately end up getting George?
5. What does George decide to do once he realizes he cannot go back to sleep the night his watch stops working?
6. How does Montmorency react to the tea kettle the night everyone makes stew?
7. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
8. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
9. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
10. What does the photographer end up capturing as he prepares to take a picture of J. and George posing vainly by their boat?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)