|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
2. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Lazy ones.
(b) Proper ones.
(c) Rich ones.
(d) Cruel ones.
3. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(d) South Africa.
4. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(d) The dog.
5. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(a) Their girlfriends.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
2. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
3. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
4. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
5. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
2. What does J. complain about sarcastically concerning the problem with being towed?
3. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
4. What does J. say he actually intended when he volunteered to pack?
5. What kind of scene is J. reminded of when he thinks of King Henry courting Anne Boleyn on Magna Charta Island?
6. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
7. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
8. What does J. report happened to two men he saw on shore once, holding a tow line and looking blankly at each other?
9. What ends up happening to the men's canned pineapple?
10. What does the photographer end up capturing as he prepares to take a picture of J. and George posing vainly by their boat?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)