|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(d) The dog.
2. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) The piano player.
(b) His drummer.
(c) His mother.
(d) The harpist.
3. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
(a) He forgets the words.
(b) He loses his voice because he sings so loudly.
(c) He attracts a lot of attention because he is so good.
(d) He makes people cry.
4. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) A week later.
(b) The following night.
(c) The next day at lunch.
(d) The following morning.
5. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
(a) People play a game of trying to get the most attention.
(b) Everyone wants a chance to pull.
(c) It is customary to tease them.
(d) Something has gone wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
2. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
3. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
4. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
5. What word does J. use to describe what it's like to get one's boat towed by girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Stivvings?
2. What does Harris say he would like to do to any man who puts up a "no trespassing" sign?
3. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
4. What does J. remark about the weather forecast as the group prepares to leave on their journey?
5. Why does J. make fun of Harris's desire to look at old tombstone inscriptions?
6. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
7. How many girls does J. joke are needed to pull a tow line?
8. Where do J. and Harris ultimately end up getting George?
9. Why do the men have such a hard time finding a train to take them to their boat?
10. Why do the men decide not to pack the oil stove?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)