|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does J. use to describe what it's like to get one's boat towed by girls?
2. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(b) Their river guide.
3. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) The dog.
(b) Everyone's girlfriend.
(c) Everyone's mother.
(d) The housekeeper.
4. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
5. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(b) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harris's full name?
2. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
3. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
4. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
5. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
2. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
3. What are the men wearing as they prepare to start their journey?
4. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
5. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
6. What does J. remark about the weather forecast as the group prepares to leave on their journey?
7. What does George do for a living?
8. In the story J. tells while the men are packing, why do all of the other passengers on the train leave when J. enters with large cheeses?
9. Why do the men have such a hard time finding a train to take them to their boat?
10. Why do the men decide not to pack the oil stove?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)