|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A coal stove.
(b) An oil stove.
(c) A steam stove.
(d) A gas stove.
2. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the center of the room.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the town square.
3. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
(a) Something has gone wrong.
(b) Everyone wants a chance to pull.
(c) People play a game of trying to get the most attention.
(d) It is customary to tease them.
4. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
5. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(c) The narrator's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
2. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
3. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
4. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
5. In what city is there a hedge maze?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
2. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
3. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
4. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
5. How many girls does J. joke are needed to pull a tow line?
6. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
7. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
8. Why do the men have such a hard time finding a train to take them to their boat?
9. Why does J. make fun of Harris's desire to look at old tombstone inscriptions?
10. What are the men wearing as they prepare to start their journey?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)