|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Their moms.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) No one.
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Everyone's girlfriend.
(c) The dog.
(d) Everyone's mother.
3. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
(a) Their weight.
(b) The newspaper for news on their trip.
(c) Their bank accounts.
(d) The weather.
4. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
(a) The landowner.
(b) A ghost from the past.
(c) A member of the royal family.
(d) Just someone who tries to extort money from unknowning boaters.
5. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very funny song.
(b) A very sad song.
(c) A very mysterious song.
(d) A very religious song.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men want to get to the train station?
2. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
3. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
4. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
5. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. say he actually intended when he volunteered to pack?
2. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
3. Who is Stivvings?
4. Where do J. and Harris ultimately end up getting George?
5. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
6. What happens with George and the butter as the group is packing?
7. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
8. What about the houses in Kingston makes them unique?
9. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
10. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)