|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
2. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Kempton Park.
(c) Hemmingway Park.
(d) Tower of Big Ben.
3. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(a) On the train ride.
(b) Hampton Church.
(d) The lock cemetery.
4. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
5. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Change color depending on the time of day.
(b) Get tangled.
(d) Get longer and longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
2. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
3. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
4. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
5. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
2. What does George do for a living?
3. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
4. What does J. say he actually intended when he volunteered to pack?
5. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
6. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
7. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
8. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
9. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
10. Why does J. make fun of Harris's desire to look at old tombstone inscriptions?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)