|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Their girlfriends.
(c) Their children.
2. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) Harris and George.
(b) George, Harris, and J.
(c) J. and Harris.
(d) George and J.
3. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) They move very quickly.
(b) It is hard to get out of their way.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) They get in frequent accidents.
4. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(c) The dog.
5. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
2. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
3. In what city is there a hedge maze?
4. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
5. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story J. tells while the men are packing, why do all of the other passengers on the train leave when J. enters with large cheeses?
2. How many girls does J. joke are needed to pull a tow line?
3. Where do J. and Harris ultimately end up getting George?
4. Why do the men decide not to pack the oil stove?
5. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
6. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
7. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
8. What does Harris say he would like to do to any man who puts up a "no trespassing" sign?
9. Why does J. make fun of Harris's desire to look at old tombstone inscriptions?
10. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)