|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Walking shorts.
(b) Silk suits.
(c) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
4. What is Harris's full name?
(a) William Samuel Harris.
(b) Chistopherson Brice Harris.
(c) Brice Christopherson Harris.
(d) Samuel William Harris.
5. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
2. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
3. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
4. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
5. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
2. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
3. What does Harris say he would like to do to any man who puts up a "no trespassing" sign?
4. Who is Stivvings?
5. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
6. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
7. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
8. What about the houses in Kingston makes them unique?
9. How many girls does J. joke are needed to pull a tow line?
10. What happens with George and the butter as the group is packing?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)