Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(b) The dog.
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
3. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) What they think they want.
(b) Anything that will get them in trouble.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that begins with a vowel.
4. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Cook lunch.
(c) Cook breakfast.
(d) Pull the tow line.
5. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Their girlfriends.
(d) Their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men want to get to the train station?
2. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
3. In what city is there a hedge maze?
4. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
5. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
Short Essay Questions
1. After George's watch stops working, what does the policeman do when George asks him for the time?
2. What does J. think about rowing on the sea?
3. How does J. end up being the first one to take a bath in the river?
4. What does J. report happened to two men he saw on shore once, holding a tow line and looking blankly at each other?
5. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
6. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
7. How does the man accusing J. and Harris of trespassing respond to their challenges of his claim?
8. What does George do for a living?
9. What compromise do the men come to about sleeping at inns or camping?
10. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)