|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) Everyone's mother.
(b) The dog.
(c) Everyone's girlfriend.
(d) The housekeeper.
2. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) London Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) Big Ben Station.
3. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
(b) Very good.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(c) Church attire.
(d) Wet suits.
5. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
(c) The housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
2. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
3. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
4. How do the men want to get to the train station?
5. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does J. remark about the weather forecast as the group prepares to leave on their journey?
2. Who is J. with when he gets stuck on the punt?
3. What does Harris claim happens to him while George and J. are at Henley?
4. What kinds of complaints does J. have about steam-powered boats?
5. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
6. Why does J. have to pay a lot of money after he and some friends rent a sailboat on a windy day?
7. How does the man accusing J. and Harris of trespassing respond to their challenges of his claim?
8. What ends up happening to the men's canned pineapple?
9. What does J. report happened to two men he saw on shore once, holding a tow line and looking blankly at each other?
10. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)