|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Large cheeses.
(b) A barrel of whiskey.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) Pig feet.
2. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(c) The dog.
3. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
(a) The god of water.
(b) Each other.
(c) The goddess of rivers.
4. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
(a) Romantic songs.
(b) Opera songs.
(c) Comic songs.
(d) Jazz songs.
5. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Salted meat.
(d) Bread and jam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
2. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
3. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
4. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
5. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the man accusing J. and Harris of trespassing respond to their challenges of his claim?
2. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
3. How many girls does J. joke are needed to pull a tow line?
4. What item does George bring onto the boat when J. and Harris pick him up?
5. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
6. After George sees a couple walking along the shore with a tow line that is not attached to anything, what does he decide to do?
7. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
8. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
9. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
10. Who is Stivvings?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)