|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "J." stand for?
2. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(d) Hampton Court.
3. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
(a) A ghost from the past.
(b) A member of the royal family.
(c) The landowner.
(d) Just someone who tries to extort money from unknowning boaters.
4. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) At a private house.
(b) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(c) In the river.
(d) At a laundromat.
5. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) J. and Harris.
(b) George and J.
(c) George, Harris, and J.
(d) Harris and George.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
2. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
3. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
4. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
5. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Harris the first time he went into the hedge maze?
2. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
3. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
4. What does J. remark about the original packing list the men create for their trip?
5. What kind of allegory does J. talk about once the group fine tunes their philosophy about packing?
6. Why does J. make fun of Harris's desire to look at old tombstone inscriptions?
7. What does George do for a living?
8. What does J. believe boaters can do to prevent tangles in the tow line?
9. What does Harris say he would like to do to any man who puts up a "no trespassing" sign?
10. What does the group of boys tease the men about as they are outside waiting for a cab to take them to the train station?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)