|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does J. describe Reading?
(a) As a scene from Norman Rockwell.
(b) As heaven on earth.
(c) As unattractive.
(d) As a Monet painting.
2. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) A full stomach.
(b) A morning in church.
(c) Looking at the stars.
(d) Reading the Bible.
3. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A wombat.
4. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
5. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
(a) Lots and lots of bubbles.
(b) Large boxes.
(c) Something black.
(d) Brightly colored clothes.
6. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
(a) At a young age.
(b) When he met his girlfriend.
(c) Not until this trip.
(d) In the past 6 months.
7. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
8. When did George begin boating?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) This is his first trip.
(c) At a very young age.
(d) When he was trying to impress a girl.
9. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) In the boat's bathtub.
(b) In a pond.
(c) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(d) In the river.
10. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
11. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
(a) Small rowboats.
(d) Cargo ships.
12. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
(a) Just George.
(b) Harris and J.
(c) J. and George.
(d) George and Harris.
13. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
(a) A gate so he doesn't have to worry about rolling off the boat.
(b) If his fellow travelers just left him alone for a little bit.
(c) If he had somewhere to be at a certain time.
(d) If the wildlife would just be quiet.
14. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
(a) For a tow.
(b) For some money.
(c) For a drink.
(d) For directions.
15. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(d) It was really dirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
2. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
3. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
4. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
5. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)