|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
(a) A mannequin.
(b) An old blanket.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dead woman.
2. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Magna Charta.
(d) The document putting the monarchy in power.
3. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(a) Peas and carrots.
(d) Peas and potatoes.
4. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A rowboat.
(b) A speedboat.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A sailboat.
5. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
(b) The dog.
(c) No other character.
6. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
(a) For a tow.
(b) For a drink.
(c) For some money.
(d) For directions.
7. Which two characters have previously taken a boat trip together?
(a) Harris and George.
(b) J. and George.
(c) J. and Harris.
(d) The dog and J.
8. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Visiting a tavern.
(b) Watching a local riot.
(c) Visiting a diner.
(d) Bathing in the river.
9. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
(b) His own.
(c) The captain's.
10. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) The sounds of wolves.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) The stars and darkness of night.
11. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
12. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
13. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
(a) A newspaper vendor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A policeman.
(d) His girlfriend.
14. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) An awkward scene.
(b) A terrifying scene.
(c) A very pompous scene.
(d) A very romantic scene.
15. What does J. consider Marlow to be?
(a) One of the most attractive river towns on the trip.
(b) A horrible place where everything is too expensive.
(c) A horrible place where the people smell bad.
(d) Heaven on earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
2. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
3. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
4. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
5. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)