|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
(a) He wanted a place to sleep.
(b) He was very drunk and very lost.
(c) He was looking for an old friend.
(d) He was looking for his girlfriend.
2. When did George begin boating?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) This is his first trip.
(c) When he was trying to impress a girl.
(d) At a very young age.
3. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A rowboat.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A speedboat.
(d) A steamboat.
4. Why do the men insist that their food supplies be delivered to their boat immediately?
(a) They are worried the food might spoil.
(b) They have no food available.
(c) They need to divide the food supplies into daily portions before leaving.
(d) So they can get back on the river.
5. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was really dirty.
(d) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
6. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A very pompous scene.
(b) A very romantic scene.
(c) An awkward scene.
(d) A terrifying scene.
7. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) He keeps thinking of his childhood.
(b) He can't get comfortable.
(c) He is sick.
(d) Coyotes are nearby.
8. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
(b) No other character.
(d) The dog.
9. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
(a) A bone.
(b) His dog food.
(c) A water rat.
(d) Some rocks.
10. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
11. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a pond.
(d) In the boat's bathtub.
12. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) Delivery boys.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Random townspeople.
13. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(b) The air mattress has a hole in it.
(c) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
(d) The tents keep collapsing.
14. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(a) He faints.
(b) He plays a trick on J.
(c) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
15. How much money does J. have to pay for the boat he rents with friends on a windy day?
(a) No money.
(b) Only one shilling.
(c) Quite a bit.
(d) A few dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
2. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
3. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
4. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
5. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)