|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
2. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(b) The dog.
3. What is "Picnic Point"?
(a) The name of the place the group stops at when it can't reach Magna Charta as planned.
(b) The name of J.'s hometown.
(c) A famous spot in the river that is good for eating lunch.
(d) The name they give the place on their boat where they always eat.
4. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Hang hoops and canvas.
(b) Blow up their air mattresses.
(c) Get blankets from storage.
(d) Set up tents.
5. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A very romantic scene.
(b) A very pompous scene.
(c) A terrifying scene.
(d) An awkward scene.
6. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(b) They scold him.
(c) They put it in the stew.
(d) They ignore him.
7. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
(a) Navigating by the stars.
(b) Making navigational maps.
(c) Rowing at sea.
(d) Fixing boats with leaks.
8. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
(a) Way too salty.
(b) It is scorched by the fire.
(c) Way too sweet.
9. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
(b) The captain.
10. In the story he tells, how does J. get saved from being stuck at the top of a pole?
(a) He has to jump from the pole to a tree to a boat.
(b) He eventually climbs down and swims to safety.
(c) He is saved when the tide goes out, and he can crawl down.
(d) He is saved by another boat.
11. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
(a) A small boy.
(b) An old man.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) No one.
12. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
13. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Magna Charta.
(c) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(d) The Constitution.
14. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(c) Peas and potatoes.
(d) Peas and carrots.
15. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
2. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
3. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
4. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
5. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)