|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did George begin boating?
(a) This is his first trip.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When he was trying to impress a girl.
(d) At a very young age.
2. Who ultimately claims that he caught the large fish mounted in the pub?
(c) The bartender.
(d) Captain Ahab.
3. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) Montmorency barking and a light.
(b) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(c) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(d) Police sirens and the light of flames.
4. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
(a) None, because they have run out of breakfast foods.
(b) A plain one.
(c) A very fancy one.
(d) A quiet one with no conversation.
5. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
(a) His dog food.
(b) Some rocks.
(c) A water rat.
(d) A bone.
6. After what meal do the men decide to replenish their stored food?
(c) They have no need to replenish their stored food.
7. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Preheat the oven.
(b) Put the tea kettle on.
(c) Read the recipe.
(d) Put some snacks out.
8. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) A terrifying scene.
(b) A very romantic scene.
(c) A very pompous scene.
(d) An awkward scene.
9. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He is intimidated by it.
(b) He kills it.
(c) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(d) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
10. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Magna Charta.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(d) The Constitution.
11. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(c) Peas and potatoes.
(d) Peas and carrots.
12. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
(a) Inside a sports stadium.
(b) On an island.
(c) In a farmer's field.
(d) On the boat.
13. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
(a) Still in bed.
(b) Fishing at the shore.
(c) At his office.
(d) At the bus station.
14. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
(a) An old man.
(b) No one.
(c) A beautiful girl.
(d) A small boy.
15. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(a) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
(b) He plays a trick on J.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men argue about in regard to rowing the boat?
2. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
3. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
4. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
5. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)