|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) Random townspeople.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Delivery boys.
2. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) A full stomach.
(b) Looking at the stars.
(c) A morning in church.
(d) Reading the Bible.
3. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) He is getting seriously ill.
(b) The boat is rocking too much.
(c) He has no reason to get up.
(d) The coyotes are too bothersome.
4. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He disappears for awhile.
(b) He becomes afraid.
(c) He gets into the spirit.
(d) He naps.
5. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
(a) An old blanket.
(b) A dead woman.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) A suitcase.
6. What is "Picnic Point"?
(a) The name of the place the group stops at when it can't reach Magna Charta as planned.
(b) A famous spot in the river that is good for eating lunch.
(c) The name they give the place on their boat where they always eat.
(d) The name of J.'s hometown.
7. When did George begin boating?
(a) This is his first trip.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When he was trying to impress a girl.
(d) At a very young age.
8. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
(a) He was very drunk and very lost.
(b) He was looking for an old friend.
(c) He wanted a place to sleep.
(d) He was looking for his girlfriend.
9. What is the first sign that George's watch might be broken in the story J. tells?
(a) The sun had already been up for quite some time.
(b) The landlady hadn't made breakfast.
(c) The coffee was cold.
(d) The sun was not up.
10. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A wombat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A rat.
11. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
(a) Inside a sports stadium.
(b) On the boat.
(c) On an island.
(d) In a farmer's field.
12. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
(a) A meat pie.
(b) Corned beef with mustard.
(c) Bread and cheese.
(d) A fruit salad.
13. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Visiting a tavern.
(b) Visiting a diner.
(c) Watching a local riot.
(d) Bathing in the river.
14. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
(a) A quiet one with no conversation.
(b) None, because they have run out of breakfast foods.
(c) A plain one.
(d) A very fancy one.
15. After what meal do the men decide to replenish their stored food?
(b) They have no need to replenish their stored food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
2. When do most young men begin boating?
3. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
4. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
5. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)