|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He is intimidated by it.
(b) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
(c) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(d) He kills it.
2. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Visiting a diner.
(b) Bathing in the river.
(c) Visiting a tavern.
(d) Watching a local riot.
3. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They put it in the stew.
(c) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(d) They scold him.
4. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(b) Peas and carrots.
(d) Peas and potatoes.
5. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
6. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
(b) The air mattress has a hole in it.
(c) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(d) The tents keep collapsing.
7. What skill is J. apparently lacking to be a great fisherman?
(a) He is not a good enough liar.
(b) He feels too bad for the fish.
(c) He doesn't know how to tie good knots in the fishing line.
(d) He is not patient enough.
8. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was really dirty.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was full.
(d) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
9. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
(a) For a drink.
(b) For directions.
(c) For some money.
(d) For a tow.
10. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A wombat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A cat.
11. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
(a) Harris and J.
(b) George and Harris.
(c) Just George.
(d) J. and George.
12. What attracts the men to stop in Streatly, even though they weren't planning on it?
(a) The dog is going crazy on the boat.
(b) They can't take being seasick anymore.
(c) It seems charming.
(d) Their food falls overboard.
13. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
(a) The captain.
14. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A rowboat.
(b) A speedboat.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) A steamboat.
15. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) A full stomach.
(b) Reading the Bible.
(c) Looking at the stars.
(d) A morning in church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
2. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
3. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
4. When do most young men begin boating?
5. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)