|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) In the boat's bathtub.
(b) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(c) In the river.
(d) In a pond.
2. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
3. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
(a) He thought it was Saturday.
(b) He thought he had a lot more time to sleep.
(c) He thought he had to start getting ready for work.
(d) He thought he was late for work.
4. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(a) The dog.
5. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
6. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
(a) The captain.
7. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) He has hurt himself.
(b) He showed them such a good time in town.
(c) He is getting sunburned.
(d) His turn is over.
8. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
(b) Cargo ships.
(c) Small rowboats.
9. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
(a) Their boat runs out of gas.
(b) It is too far, and they are tired.
(c) Their map is wrong.
(d) The island doesn't actually exist.
10. After Hentley, the men decide to row the boat instead of what other option?
(a) Letting it float.
(b) Sailing it.
(c) Using the engine.
(d) Towing it.
11. In the story he tells, how does J. get saved from being stuck at the top of a pole?
(a) He is saved by another boat.
(b) He is saved when the tide goes out, and he can crawl down.
(c) He eventually climbs down and swims to safety.
(d) He has to jump from the pole to a tree to a boat.
12. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
13. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Make a few phone calls.
(b) Do an inventory count.
(c) Set up their beds.
(d) Write letters home.
14. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(b) They put it in the stew.
(c) They scold him.
(d) They ignore him.
15. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Watching a local riot.
(b) Visiting a tavern.
(c) Visiting a diner.
(d) Bathing in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
2. What does J. consider Marlow to be?
3. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
4. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
5. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)