|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
(d) The captain.
2. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(b) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
(c) The tents keep collapsing.
(d) The air mattress has a hole in it.
3. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
(a) For a tow.
(b) For directions.
(c) For some money.
(d) For a drink.
4. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
(a) They have forgotten the can opener.
(b) It is strangely stuck shut.
(c) It has all melted together.
(d) Their can opener gets taken by the dog.
5. Who ultimately claims that he caught the large fish mounted in the pub?
(b) Captain Ahab.
(d) The bartender.
6. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
(a) King Harry.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) King John.
7. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) The coyotes are too bothersome.
(b) He is getting seriously ill.
(c) He has no reason to get up.
(d) The boat is rocking too much.
8. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Magna Charta.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The document putting the monarchy in power.
9. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
(a) When he met his girlfriend.
(b) In the past 6 months.
(c) Not until this trip.
(d) At a young age.
10. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Read the recipe.
(b) Preheat the oven.
(c) Put some snacks out.
(d) Put the tea kettle on.
11. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(b) The dog.
12. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
(a) Stare at it.
(b) Put it on a low flame.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Put it on a high flame.
13. When do most young men begin boating?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) As a scout.
(c) As soon as they want to impress a girl.
(d) As soon as they can walk.
14. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(b) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(c) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(d) Montmorency barking and a light.
15. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
(a) None, because they have run out of breakfast foods.
(b) A very fancy one.
(c) A plain one.
(d) A quiet one with no conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
2. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
3. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
4. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
5. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)