|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They scold him.
(c) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(d) They put it in the stew.
2. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
(a) A dead woman.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A mannequin.
(d) An old blanket.
3. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(d) The dog.
4. When do most young men begin boating?
(a) As a teenager.
(b) As soon as they want to impress a girl.
(c) As soon as they can walk.
(d) As a scout.
5. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
(a) A gate so he doesn't have to worry about rolling off the boat.
(b) If he had somewhere to be at a certain time.
(c) If his fellow travelers just left him alone for a little bit.
(d) If the wildlife would just be quiet.
6. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Magna Charta.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The document putting the monarchy in power.
7. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Delivery boys.
(d) Random townspeople.
8. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
9. Where does George end up sleeping when he first visits Datchet?
(a) In the forest.
(b) The second inn where he stopped.
(c) The first inn where he stopped.
(d) A private home.
10. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
11. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
(b) The captain.
12. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
(a) He thought he was late for work.
(b) He thought he had a lot more time to sleep.
(c) He thought it was Saturday.
(d) He thought he had to start getting ready for work.
13. What does J. remark about people's impression of their own work while on a boat?
(a) Each person thinks he has done more work than anyone else.
(b) People try to show each other up in how much work they can do.
(c) Each person thinks the other people are lazy.
(d) Each person feels guilty for not doing enough.
14. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
15. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A newspaper vendor.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
2. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
3. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
4. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
5. What is "Picnic Point"?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)