|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
(a) It is too far, and they are tired.
(b) The island doesn't actually exist.
(c) Their boat runs out of gas.
(d) Their map is wrong.
2. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
(a) A dead woman.
(b) A mannequin.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) An old blanket.
3. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Magna Charta.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The document putting the monarchy in power.
4. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
(a) Way too salty.
(b) It is scorched by the fire.
(d) Way too sweet.
5. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
(a) The sounds of wolves.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) The stars and darkness of night.
6. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A wombat.
(d) A bat.
7. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He disappears for awhile.
(b) He becomes afraid.
(c) He naps.
(d) He gets into the spirit.
8. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
(a) In a farmer's field.
(b) On an island.
(c) Inside a sports stadium.
(d) On the boat.
9. Why would J. get into trouble when he tried to make rafts?
(a) He made them too large.
(b) He was supposed to be at school instead.
(c) He would steal the material he needed.
(d) He made them too small.
10. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A speedboat.
(d) A rowboat.
11. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
12. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
(a) Just J.
(b) Just Harris.
(c) George, J., and Harris.
(d) Some men on shore.
13. Which two characters have previously taken a boat trip together?
(a) The dog and J.
(b) J. and George.
(c) J. and Harris.
(d) Harris and George.
14. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
(a) He thought he had to start getting ready for work.
(b) He thought he was late for work.
(c) He thought it was Saturday.
(d) He thought he had a lot more time to sleep.
15. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
2. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
3. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
4. With whom are Streatly and Goring popular?
5. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)