|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They put it in the stew.
(b) They scold him.
(c) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(d) They ignore him.
2. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
(a) In a steam launch.
(b) At a pub.
(c) In an inn.
(d) In a restaurant.
3. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
4. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
(a) An awkward scene.
(b) A terrifying scene.
(c) A very pompous scene.
(d) A very romantic scene.
5. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) He has no reason to get up.
(b) The boat is rocking too much.
(c) He is getting seriously ill.
(d) The coyotes are too bothersome.
6. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
(a) No one.
(b) A small boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A beautiful girl.
7. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
8. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
(a) His turn is over.
(b) He has hurt himself.
(c) He is getting sunburned.
(d) He showed them such a good time in town.
9. When did George begin boating?
(a) At a very young age.
(b) When he was trying to impress a girl.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) This is his first trip.
10. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
11. How is Sonning described by J.?
(a) As the place he wants to go when he settles down and has a family.
(b) As a scary town trapped in the past.
(c) As a picturesque village with quaint houses and gardens.
(d) As a ghost town.
12. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(c) The Magna Charta.
(d) The Declaration of Independence.
13. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A rowboat.
(d) A speedboat.
14. Where are the men returning from when Montmorency attacks another animal?
(a) Bathing in the river.
(b) Watching a local riot.
(c) Visiting a tavern.
(d) Visiting a diner.
15. After Hentley, the men decide to row the boat instead of what other option?
(a) Letting it float.
(b) Sailing it.
(c) Using the engine.
(d) Towing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George end up sleeping when he first visits Datchet?
2. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
3. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
4. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
5. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)