|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
(a) He was looking for an old friend.
(b) He was very drunk and very lost.
(c) He was looking for his girlfriend.
(d) He wanted a place to sleep.
2. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
(a) A "Scottish" stew.
(b) An "English" stew.
(c) An "Irish" stew.
(d) An "American" stew.
3. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(c) It was full.
(d) It was really dirty.
4. What kind of boat does J. remember renting with some friends on a windy day?
(a) A speedboat.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A rowboat.
(d) A sailboat.
5. Whom did King Henry VIII reportedly court on Magna Charta Island?
(a) Queen Mary.
(b) Mary Boleyn.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
6. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
(a) It has all melted together.
(b) They have forgotten the can opener.
(c) Their can opener gets taken by the dog.
(d) It is strangely stuck shut.
7. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(b) In the boat's bathtub.
(c) In the river.
(d) In a pond.
8. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Preheat the oven.
(b) Put the tea kettle on.
(c) Read the recipe.
(d) Put some snacks out.
9. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) Random townspeople.
(c) Delivery boys.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
10. How much money does J. have to pay for the boat he rents with friends on a windy day?
(a) Quite a bit.
(b) A few dollars.
(c) No money.
(d) Only one shilling.
11. Who ultimately claims that he caught the large fish mounted in the pub?
(a) Captain Ahab.
(d) The bartender.
12. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
(a) At his office.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) Still in bed.
(d) Fishing at the shore.
13. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
(c) Cargo ships.
(d) Small rowboats.
14. What do the men argue about in regard to rowing the boat?
(a) What direction to row.
(b) Where to sit on the boat.
(c) The best technique to use.
(d) Who should pull the oars.
15. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
(a) They want to camp there.
(b) They just want to drift by it slowly so they can check it out from their boat.
(c) They want to spend a few days there.
(d) It's where they've planned to end their voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
2. Why do the men insist that their food supplies be delivered to their boat immediately?
3. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
4. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
5. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)