|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
(a) Fixing boats with leaks.
(b) Making navigational maps.
(c) Rowing at sea.
(d) Navigating by the stars.
2. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
3. How is Sonning described by J.?
(a) As a ghost town.
(b) As a picturesque village with quaint houses and gardens.
(c) As a scary town trapped in the past.
(d) As the place he wants to go when he settles down and has a family.
4. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(a) The dog.
5. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
6. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
(a) An "English" stew.
(b) A "Scottish" stew.
(c) An "Irish" stew.
(d) An "American" stew.
7. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A wombat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A cat.
8. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Write letters home.
(b) Set up their beds.
(c) Do an inventory count.
(d) Make a few phone calls.
9. Why would J. get into trouble when he tried to make rafts?
(a) He made them too large.
(b) He was supposed to be at school instead.
(c) He made them too small.
(d) He would steal the material he needed.
10. Who follows the men to their boat as their stored food is being replaced?
(a) Delivery boys.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Random townspeople.
11. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
(a) He thought it was Saturday.
(b) He thought he had a lot more time to sleep.
(c) He thought he was late for work.
(d) He thought he had to start getting ready for work.
12. With whom are Streatly and Goring popular?
(a) Beautiful women.
13. In the story he tells, how does J. get saved from being stuck at the top of a pole?
(a) He is saved when the tide goes out, and he can crawl down.
(b) He is saved by another boat.
(c) He has to jump from the pole to a tree to a boat.
(d) He eventually climbs down and swims to safety.
14. What attracts the men to stop in Streatly, even though they weren't planning on it?
(a) The dog is going crazy on the boat.
(b) They can't take being seasick anymore.
(c) It seems charming.
(d) Their food falls overboard.
15. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
(a) The sounds of wolves.
(b) The stars and darkness of night.
(c) A meteor shower.
(d) The extreme cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
2. Why does J. think he shouldn't have to row after the group passes Reading?
3. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
4. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
5. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)