|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(b) The dog.
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
3. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) What they think they want.
(b) Anything that will get them in trouble.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that begins with a vowel.
4. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Cook lunch.
(c) Cook breakfast.
(d) Pull the tow line.
5. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Their girlfriends.
(d) Their children.
6. How do the men want to get to the train station?
(a) By bus.
(b) By cab.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By horse.
7. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(d) Their housekeeper.
8. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(d) Hampton Court.
9. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) His drummer.
(b) His mother.
(c) The piano player.
(d) The harpist.
10. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) Be random luck.
(b) By bribing a conductor.
(c) By asking for help.
(d) By following a pretty girl.
11. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
(a) Romantic songs.
(b) Opera songs.
(c) Jazz songs.
(d) Comic songs.
12. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(a) Their river guide.
13. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(c) South Africa.
14. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Very good.
15. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Things they might forget.
(b) Everything and anything they can think of.
(c) Only the things they cannot do without.
(d) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
3. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
4. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
5. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)