|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
2. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
(a) He loses his voice because he sings so loudly.
(b) He forgets the words.
(c) He makes people cry.
(d) He attracts a lot of attention because he is so good.
3. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Newport and Bridgeport.
(b) Burlington and Burlingame.
(c) Boston and Newport.
(d) Halliford and Shepperton.
4. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
5. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Wet suits.
(c) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(d) Church attire.
6. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) Everyone's girlfriend.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) The dog.
(d) Everyone's mother.
7. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They nail it to the boat.
(b) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
(c) They keep it as a souvenir.
(d) They throw it out.
8. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(b) Their river guide.
9. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
(a) It is customary to tease them.
(b) Everyone wants a chance to pull.
(c) People play a game of trying to get the most attention.
(d) Something has gone wrong.
10. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
11. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
(d) The boat captain.
12. What is Harris's full name?
(a) Chistopherson Brice Harris.
(b) William Samuel Harris.
(c) Samuel William Harris.
(d) Brice Christopherson Harris.
13. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(c) The dog.
14. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) What they think they want.
(b) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that will get them in trouble.
15. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
(a) If they can have some water.
(b) If they can stop.
(c) Why the men felt the need to pack so much stuff.
(d) If they are doing it okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
2. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
3. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
4. In what city is there a hedge maze?
5. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)