|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
(a) Kempton Park.
(b) Tower of Big Ben.
(c) Hemmingway Park.
(d) Central Park.
2. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(d) Their housekeeper.
3. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) His drummer.
(b) His mother.
(c) The harpist.
(d) The piano player.
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) No one.
(c) Their moms.
(d) The housekeeper.
5. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) A lab.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A terrier.
6. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(a) The dog.
7. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The dog.
(c) Everyone's girlfriend.
(d) Everyone's mother.
8. What word does J. use to describe what it's like to get one's boat towed by girls?
9. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(b) Their river guide.
10. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
(d) The boat captain.
11. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
(a) Invited guests.
(b) The rug.
(c) The dining table only.
(d) The furniture.
12. According to J., what animals do some kind of boaters hire to pull their boats?
13. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
(b) Arguing over it.
(c) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(d) Using it to play tug-of-war.
14. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(b) In the river.
(c) At a private house.
(d) At a laundromat.
15. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(c) Wet suits.
(d) Church attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
2. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
3. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
4. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
5. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)