|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Cruel ones.
(b) Proper ones.
(c) Lazy ones.
(d) Rich ones.
2. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
(a) Just someone who tries to extort money from unknowning boaters.
(b) A ghost from the past.
(c) A member of the royal family.
(d) The landowner.
3. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It has recently burned down.
(b) It is never used.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It is continually under construction but never finished.
4. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
5. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
(a) On roller skates.
(b) With a special contraption that looks like a tractor.
(c) While running.
(d) While walking.
6. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) After 24 hours.
(b) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(c) Right before the trip is over.
7. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
8. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
9. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) What they think they want.
(b) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that will get them in trouble.
10. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(b) Their river guide.
11. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(c) The dog.
12. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Pig feet.
(b) A barrel of whiskey.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) Large cheeses.
13. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(a) A neutral person we never see.
14. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the chimney.
(b) Fixing the car.
(c) Hanging a picture.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
15. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Using it to play tug-of-war.
(b) Arguing over it.
(c) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(d) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
2. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
3. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
4. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
5. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)