|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
(a) They were up so late packing.
(b) They don't really want to go.
(c) Someone drugged them.
(d) They are all getting sick.
2. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(d) Their river guide.
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) A barrel of whiskey.
(b) Pig feet.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) Large cheeses.
4. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(b) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
(c) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(d) How money can't buy happiness.
5. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
(a) Smoke a fancy cigar.
(b) Go out for a drink.
(c) Have custom tents made.
(d) Give each other a pat on the back.
6. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
(b) The dog.
7. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(b) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(c) It is never used.
(d) It has recently burned down.
8. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) After 24 hours.
(b) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(c) Right before the trip is over.
9. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(c) South Africa.
10. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(a) The dog.
11. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Big Ben Station.
(b) London Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) Grand Central Station.
12. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) A lab.
(b) No one knows for sure.
(c) A terrier.
(d) A poodle.
13. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The following morning.
(b) A week later.
(c) The following night.
(d) The next day at lunch.
14. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) An oak.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A willow.
(d) A cherry tree.
15. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) By asking for help.
(b) Be random luck.
(c) By bribing a conductor.
(d) By following a pretty girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
2. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
3. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
4. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
5. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)