|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Cook breakfast.
(b) Clean the bathrooms.
(c) Cook lunch.
(d) Pull the tow line.
2. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) They move very quickly.
(b) They get in frequent accidents.
(c) It is hard to get out of their way.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
3. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
4. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(b) In the river.
(c) At a laundromat.
(d) At a private house.
5. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) His mother.
(b) His drummer.
(c) The piano player.
(d) The harpist.
6. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Bread and jam.
(c) Salted meat.
7. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) George, Harris, and J.
(b) George and J.
(c) J. and Harris.
(d) Harris and George.
8. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(d) The dog.
9. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(b) Wet suits.
(c) Church attire.
(d) Their Sunday boating dresses.
10. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
(a) Ten days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three days
11. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
12. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
(a) Less smoking.
(b) A hearty diet and exercise.
(c) Less drinking.
(d) More calories.
13. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(c) Their river guide.
14. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
15. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The following night.
(b) The following morning.
(c) The next day at lunch.
(d) A week later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
2. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
3. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
4. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
5. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)