|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
2. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very religious song.
(b) A very sad song.
(c) A very funny song.
(d) A very mysterious song.
3. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(b) Salted meat.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
4. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
(a) With a special contraption that looks like a tractor.
(b) While running.
(c) While walking.
(d) On roller skates.
5. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(c) Large, voluminous gowns.
(d) Pedal pushers.
6. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(a) The dog.
7. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
(a) In the town square.
(b) In the center of the room.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the backyard.
8. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(b) At a private house.
(c) In the river.
(d) At a laundromat.
9. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(d) Hampton Court.
10. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) Harris and George.
(b) George and J.
(c) George, Harris, and J.
(d) J. and Harris.
11. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(b) A neutral person we never see.
12. According to J., what animals do some kind of boaters hire to pull their boats?
13. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
14. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
(a) People play a game of trying to get the most attention.
(b) Everyone wants a chance to pull.
(c) It is customary to tease them.
(d) Something has gone wrong.
15. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The next day at lunch.
(b) The following morning.
(c) A week later.
(d) The following night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
2. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
3. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
4. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
5. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)