|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
2. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Some girls who walk by.
(c) No one.
(d) A group of young boys.
3. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(a) A neutral person we never see.
4. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The following night.
(b) The next day at lunch.
(c) A week later.
(d) The following morning.
5. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
(d) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
6. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Change color depending on the time of day.
(c) Get longer and longer.
(d) Get tangled.
7. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(d) The dog.
8. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
(a) They pretend they are lawyers so that the man leaves them alone.
(b) They beat up the man accusing them.
(c) They move immediately.
(d) They take the man's word for it but refuse to move.
9. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
(a) The rug.
(b) Invited guests.
(c) The dining table only.
(d) The furniture.
10. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(b) He must help his ailing mother.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He cuts classes with his friends.
11. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
(b) Only the things they cannot do without.
(c) Things they might forget.
(d) Everything and anything they can think of.
12. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(b) What they think they want.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that will get them in trouble.
13. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is never used.
(b) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It has recently burned down.
14. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(a) Their girlfriends.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Their children.
15. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(b) Hampton Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
2. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
3. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
4. What does "J." stand for?
5. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)