|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
(a) The dog.
(b) The alarm clock.
(c) The maid.
(d) Each other.
2. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Large, voluminous gowns.
(c) Pedal pushers.
(d) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
3. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) Right before the trip is over.
(c) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(d) After 24 hours.
4. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(d) Their housekeeper.
5. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
(c) The dog.
6. According to J., what animals do some kind of boaters hire to pull their boats?
7. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) They get in frequent accidents.
(c) It is hard to get out of their way.
(d) They move very quickly.
8. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
(a) Less smoking.
(b) Less drinking.
(c) A hearty diet and exercise.
(d) More calories.
9. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
10. What does J. note often happens to the person responsible for pulling the tow line?
(a) He gets very angry.
(b) He trips over the long rope.
(c) He trips.
(d) He gets distracted.
11. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the car.
(b) Hanging a picture.
(c) Fixing the chimney.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
12. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
(b) They keep it as a souvenir.
(c) They throw it out.
(d) They nail it to the boat.
13. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
(d) The housekeeper.
14. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(a) The dog.
15. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) A group of young boys.
(b) Some girls who walk by.
(c) No one.
(d) Their mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
2. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
3. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
4. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
5. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)