|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
(b) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
2. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
3. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A coal stove.
(b) A steam stove.
(c) A gas stove.
(d) An oil stove.
4. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
5. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Rich ones.
(b) Proper ones.
(c) Lazy ones.
(d) Cruel ones.
6. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
7. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
(a) The narrator.
8. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Big Ben Station.
(b) Waterloo Station.
(c) London Station.
(d) Grand Central Station.
9. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
10. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) A group of young boys.
(c) No one.
(d) Some girls who walk by.
11. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Church attire.
(b) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(c) Wet suits.
12. How do the men want to get to the train station?
(a) By bus.
(b) By horse.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) By cab.
13. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
(a) In the center of the room.
(b) In the town square.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the backyard.
14. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
(d) The dog.
15. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Only the things they cannot do without.
(b) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
(c) Everything and anything they can think of.
(d) Things they might forget.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
2. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
3. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
4. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
5. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)