|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(b) Hampton Court.
2. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Proper ones.
(b) Rich ones.
(c) Cruel ones.
(d) Lazy ones.
3. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) The piano player.
(b) The harpist.
(c) His mother.
(d) His drummer.
4. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) A willow.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A cherry tree.
(d) An oak.
5. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 9:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
6. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
(b) The dog.
7. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very sad song.
(b) A very funny song.
(c) A very religious song.
(d) A very mysterious song.
8. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Newport and Bridgeport.
(b) Boston and Newport.
(c) Burlington and Burlingame.
(d) Halliford and Shepperton.
9. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
(d) The housekeeper.
10. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
11. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the chimney.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Hanging a picture.
(d) Fixing the car.
12. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
13. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
(a) The god of water.
(b) Each other.
(c) The goddess of rivers.
14. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their girlfriends.
(d) Their mothers.
15. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(a) The narrator's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
2. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
3. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
4. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
5. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)