|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(a) Hampton Church.
(b) The lock cemetery.
(c) On the train ride.
2. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(b) The dog.
3. What does J. note often happens to the person responsible for pulling the tow line?
(a) He gets distracted.
(b) He gets very angry.
(c) He trips.
(d) He trips over the long rope.
4. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) An oil stove.
(b) A gas stove.
(c) A steam stove.
(d) A coal stove.
5. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(a) Their housekeeper.
6. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pedal pushers.
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(c) Large, voluminous gowns.
7. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) No one.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) Their moms.
(d) The housekeeper.
8. How do the men want to get to the train station?
(a) By bicycle.
(b) By bus.
(c) By horse.
(d) By cab.
9. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Very good.
10. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(b) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(c) It is never used.
(d) It has recently burned down.
11. What does "J." stand for?
12. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) London Station.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) Big Ben Station.
13. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) An apple tree.
(b) A willow.
(c) A cherry tree.
(d) An oak.
14. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
15. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
(a) On roller skates.
(b) With a special contraption that looks like a tractor.
(c) While walking.
(d) While running.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
2. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
3. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
4. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
5. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)