|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Big Ben Station.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) London Station.
2. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
(a) A member of the royal family.
(b) The landowner.
(c) Just someone who tries to extort money from unknowning boaters.
(d) A ghost from the past.
3. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Halliford and Shepperton.
(b) Newport and Bridgeport.
(c) Boston and Newport.
(d) Burlington and Burlingame.
4. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Wet suits.
(b) Their Sunday boating dresses.
(c) Church attire.
5. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
(a) Comic songs.
(b) Jazz songs.
(c) Romantic songs.
(d) Opera songs.
6. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Everything and anything they can think of.
(b) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
(c) Only the things they cannot do without.
(d) Things they might forget.
7. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(d) The dog.
8. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(b) Using it to play tug-of-war.
(c) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
(d) Arguing over it.
9. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) Right before the trip is over.
(c) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(d) After 24 hours.
10. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
(a) He makes money selling food to hungry passengers.
(b) Everyone wants some of his food.
(c) His food is stolen.
(d) All the other passengers leave him alone.
11. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
(a) The god of water.
(c) Each other.
(d) The goddess of rivers.
12. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very funny song.
(c) A ver religious song.
(d) A very sad song.
13. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 11:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 p.m.
(d) 9:00 a.m.
14. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Silk suits.
(b) Walking shorts.
(c) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
15. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
(a) Their weight.
(b) Their bank accounts.
(c) The newspaper for news on their trip.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
2. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
3. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
5. What is Harris's full name?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)