|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Waterloo Station.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) London Station.
(d) Big Ben Station.
2. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very religious song.
(c) A very sad song.
(d) A very funny song.
3. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
(a) They beat up the man accusing them.
(b) They pretend they are lawyers so that the man leaves them alone.
(c) They move immediately.
(d) They take the man's word for it but refuse to move.
4. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
5. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
(a) The maid.
(b) The alarm clock.
(c) The dog.
(d) Each other.
6. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) Be random luck.
(b) By following a pretty girl.
(c) By asking for help.
(d) By bribing a conductor.
7. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(b) Their housekeeper.
8. What is Harris's full name?
(a) Chistopherson Brice Harris.
(b) Brice Christopherson Harris.
(c) Samuel William Harris.
(d) William Samuel Harris.
9. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the car.
(b) Hanging a picture.
(c) Fixing the chimney.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
10. According to Harris's thinking, who has accused them of trespassing?
(a) A member of the royal family.
(b) Just someone who tries to extort money from unknowning boaters.
(c) The landowner.
(d) A ghost from the past.
11. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
(a) More calories.
(b) Less smoking.
(c) Less drinking.
(d) A hearty diet and exercise.
12. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(c) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
13. Harris and J. agree they will try one day to get _________into the maze.
(a) Their children.
(b) Their girlfriends.
(c) Their mothers.
14. What does J. note often happens to the person responsible for pulling the tow line?
(a) He trips over the long rope.
(b) He gets distracted.
(c) He gets very angry.
(d) He trips.
15. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Proper ones.
(b) Rich ones.
(c) Lazy ones.
(d) Cruel ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
2. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
3. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
4. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
5. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)