|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does J. use to describe what it's like to get one's boat towed by girls?
2. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(b) He must help his ailing mother.
(c) He cuts classes with his friends.
(d) He is sick.
3. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(a) Their river guide.
4. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
5. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
(d) The boat captain.
6. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) A lab.
(b) No one knows for sure.
(c) A poodle.
(d) A terrier.
7. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) An oil stove.
(b) A steam stove.
(c) A coal stove.
(d) A gas stove.
8. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 7:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
9. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(a) A neutral person we never see.
10. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
(a) The dog.
11. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(b) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(d) The largest port city in England.
12. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
(a) The dog.
(b) The alarm clock.
(c) Each other.
(d) The maid.
13. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(b) In the river.
(c) At a private house.
(d) At a laundromat.
14. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Get tangled.
(b) Get longer and longer.
(d) Change color depending on the time of day.
15. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is there a hedge maze?
2. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
3. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
4. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
5. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)