|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Halliford and Shepperton.
(b) Boston and Newport.
(c) Newport and Bridgeport.
(d) Burlington and Burlingame.
2. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) The largest port city in England.
(b) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(d) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
3. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(a) Salted meat.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Bread and jam.
4. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) His mother.
(b) The piano player.
(c) The harpist.
(d) His drummer.
5. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
(c) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
(d) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
6. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
7. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Wet suits.
(b) Church attire.
(c) Their Sunday boating dresses.
8. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 10:00 a.m.
(c) 9:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
9. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(b) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(c) How money can't buy happiness.
(d) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
10. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(a) Hampton Court.
11. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
(a) On roller skates.
(b) While running.
(c) With a special contraption that looks like a tractor.
(d) While walking.
12. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Get longer and longer.
(b) Change color depending on the time of day.
(c) Get tangled.
13. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
14. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(b) It has recently burned down.
(c) It is never used.
(d) It is one of the busiest on the river.
15. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A steam stove.
(b) An oil stove.
(c) A coal stove.
(d) A gas stove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
2. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
3. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
4. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
5. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)