Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What does George do for a living?
2. What does J. admit he thinks when he reads advertisements for new patent medicines?
3. What does J. joke is the prime symptom of his current malady in Chapter 1?
4. What does J. note about what people remember about being seasick after they return from a trip?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 2-3
5. Why do Harris and J. have to pick up George after they start the journey?
6. What compromise do the men...
This section contains 1,010 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)