|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sonning described by J.?
(a) As a picturesque village with quaint houses and gardens.
(b) As a ghost town.
(c) As a scary town trapped in the past.
(d) As the place he wants to go when he settles down and has a family.
2. What does "J." stand for?
3. What does the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading turn out to be?
(a) An old blanket.
(b) A mannequin.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A dead woman.
4. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) By following a pretty girl.
(b) By asking for help.
(c) Be random luck.
(d) By bribing a conductor.
5. In what city is there a hedge maze?
(b) Hampton Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
2. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
3. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
4. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
5. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)