|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men ask of the friends they run into in Reading?
(a) For directions.
(b) For a drink.
(c) For some money.
(d) For a tow.
2. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They scold him.
(b) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They put it in the stew.
3. How much money does J. have to pay for the boat he rents with friends on a windy day?
(a) No money.
(b) Quite a bit.
(c) Only one shilling.
(d) A few dollars.
4. How do the men ultimately get back to London?
(a) By horse.
(b) By bus.
(c) By train.
(d) By car.
5. How long will it take to reach Oxford from Culham?
(a) Three days.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
3. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
4. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
5. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)