|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
(a) A beautiful girl.
(b) A small boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) No one.
2. Who takes charge of the unusual item that the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
(a) Some men on shore.
(b) Just J.
(c) George, J., and Harris.
(d) Just Harris.
3. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
(a) Harris and J.
(b) Just George.
(c) J. and George.
(d) George and Harris.
4. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(a) He plays a trick on J.
(c) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
(d) He faints.
5. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Get blankets from storage.
(b) Hang hoops and canvas.
(c) Set up tents.
(d) Blow up their air mattresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
2. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
3. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
4. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
5. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)