|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do most young men begin boating?
(a) As soon as they can walk.
(b) As soon as they want to impress a girl.
(c) As a scout.
(d) As a teenager.
2. Where do the men hope to conclude their journey?
3. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(a) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
(b) He faints.
(d) He plays a trick on J.
4. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Pig feet.
(b) A barrel of whiskey.
(c) Large cheeses.
(d) Frog legs.
5. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Arguing over it.
(b) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
(c) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(d) Using it to play tug-of-war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. note often happens to the person responsible for pulling the tow line?
2. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
3. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
4. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
5. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)