|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(b) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
(c) Using it to play tug-of-war.
(d) Arguing over it.
2. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He gets into the spirit.
(b) He disappears for awhile.
(c) He becomes afraid.
(d) He naps.
3. When did George begin boating?
(a) At a very young age.
(b) When he was trying to impress a girl.
(c) This is his first trip.
(d) As a teenager.
4. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
5. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The tents keep collapsing.
(b) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(c) The air mattress has a hole in it.
(d) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
2. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
3. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
4. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
5. When did J. first become attracted to boats?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)