|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(b) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(c) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(d) Montmorency barking and a light.
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
3. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was really dirty.
(b) It was full.
(c) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(d) It was too expensive.
4. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He must help his ailing mother.
(b) He cuts classes with his friends.
(c) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(d) He is sick.
5. What condiment do the men lament not having for their beef during their trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
2. What skill is J. apparently lacking to be a great fisherman?
3. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
4. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
5. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)