|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to J., what animals do some kind of boaters hire to pull their boats?
2. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) It is hard to get out of their way.
(b) They get in frequent accidents.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) They move very quickly.
3. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
(a) He was looking for his girlfriend.
(b) He was very drunk and very lost.
(c) He was looking for an old friend.
(d) He wanted a place to sleep.
4. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He gets into the spirit.
(b) He naps.
(c) He becomes afraid.
(d) He disappears for awhile.
5. While in Reading, where do the men randomly meet some friends of theirs?
(a) In an inn.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a steam launch.
(d) At a pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
2. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
3. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
4. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
5. Where do the men hope to conclude their journey?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)