|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(a) The lock cemetery.
(b) Hampton Church.
(c) On the train ride.
2. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
(a) If he had somewhere to be at a certain time.
(b) If his fellow travelers just left him alone for a little bit.
(c) A gate so he doesn't have to worry about rolling off the boat.
(d) If the wildlife would just be quiet.
3. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
(a) It is too far, and they are tired.
(b) Their boat runs out of gas.
(c) Their map is wrong.
(d) The island doesn't actually exist.
4. Who ends up taking the first rowing shift after Reading?
(b) No one because they use the sail.
5. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
(a) The dog.
(b) The maid.
(c) The alarm clock.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
3. How long will it take to reach Oxford from Culham?
4. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
5. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)