|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
(a) The narrator.
2. What kind of canned item can the men not get open during their trip?
3. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
(b) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(c) How money can't buy happiness.
(d) How important women are to making a place look nice.
4. What kind of breakfast do the men have after the night in Henley?
(a) A very fancy one.
(b) None, because they have run out of breakfast foods.
(c) A plain one.
(d) A quiet one with no conversation.
5. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) An oak.
(b) An apple tree.
(c) A willow.
(d) A cherry tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does J. describe Reading?
2. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
3. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
4. What does J. remark about people's impression of their own work while on a boat?
5. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)