|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) It was really dirty.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
2. How does J. describe Reading?
(a) As a scene from Norman Rockwell.
(b) As unattractive.
(c) As heaven on earth.
(d) As a Monet painting.
3. Where do J. and George pose vainly while a photographer prepares to take their picture?
(a) In front of the royal palace.
(b) In front of Niagra Falls.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) In front of Big Ben.
4. Where do the men hope to conclude their journey?
5. What kind of experience does Harris have that the others do not?
(a) Fixing boats with leaks.
(b) Navigating by the stars.
(c) Making navigational maps.
(d) Rowing at sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
2. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
3. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
4. What unusual thing do the men see floating in the water after they pass Reading?
5. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)