|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He becomes afraid.
(b) He gets into the spirit.
(c) He disappears for awhile.
(d) He naps.
2. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They keep it as a souvenir.
(b) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
(c) They nail it to the boat.
(d) They throw it out.
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
(b) Walking shorts.
(d) Silk suits.
4. How is Sonning described by J.?
(a) As the place he wants to go when he settles down and has a family.
(b) As a ghost town.
(c) As a scary town trapped in the past.
(d) As a picturesque village with quaint houses and gardens.
5. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Halliford and Shepperton.
(b) Burlington and Burlingame.
(c) Newport and Bridgeport.
(d) Boston and Newport.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is there a hedge maze?
2. Who ultimately claims that he caught the large fish mounted in the pub?
3. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
4. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
5. What are the men grateful for as the novel concludes?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)