|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) The dog.
(b) No other character.
2. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
(b) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
3. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
(a) Stare at it.
(b) Put it on a high flame.
(c) Ignore it.
(d) Put it on a low flame.
4. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
(a) The captain's.
(b) His own.
5. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
(a) He attracts a lot of attention because he is so good.
(b) He makes people cry.
(c) He forgets the words.
(d) He loses his voice because he sings so loudly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
2. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
3. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
4. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
5. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)