|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J. thinks that Montmorency's breed of dog has a ______________nature.
2. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(d) South Africa.
3. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How money can't buy happiness.
(b) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(c) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(d) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
4. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
(c) Silk suits.
(d) Walking shorts.
5. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(d) A neutral person we never see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
2. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
3. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
4. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
5. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)