|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the animal he tries to attack?
(a) He kills it.
(b) He is intimidated by it.
(c) He scares it away but doesn't actually end up hurting it.
(d) He acts mean but then ends up being nice.
2. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is never used.
(b) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It has recently burned down.
3. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) The dog.
(b) No other character.
4. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(c) Large, voluminous gowns.
(d) Pedal pushers.
5. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(b) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(c) Montmorency barking and a light.
(d) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
2. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
3. After what meal do the men decide to replenish their stored food?
4. What animal does Harris imagine has attacked him while George and J. were in Henley?
5. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)