|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. consider Marlow to be?
(a) Heaven on earth.
(b) One of the most attractive river towns on the trip.
(c) A horrible place where everything is too expensive.
(d) A horrible place where the people smell bad.
2. What kind of stew does the group think they are making?
(a) An "American" stew.
(b) An "Irish" stew.
(c) An "English" stew.
(d) A "Scottish" stew.
3. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Write letters home.
(b) Do an inventory count.
(c) Set up their beds.
(d) Make a few phone calls.
4. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
(a) They move immediately.
(b) They pretend they are lawyers so that the man leaves them alone.
(c) They take the man's word for it but refuse to move.
(d) They beat up the man accusing them.
5. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
(a) A wombat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bat.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
2. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
3. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
4. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
5. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)