|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He gets into the spirit.
(b) He becomes afraid.
(c) He naps.
(d) He disappears for awhile.
2. After what meal do the men decide to replenish their stored food?
(c) They have no need to replenish their stored food.
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Frog legs.
(b) Large cheeses.
(c) Pig feet.
(d) A barrel of whiskey.
4. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Looking at the stars.
(c) A full stomach.
(d) A morning in church.
5. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
(b) The housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
2. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
3. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
4. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
5. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)