|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
(a) They pretend to consider it but decide against it.
(b) They scold him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They put it in the stew.
2. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(b) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(c) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
(d) How money can't buy happiness.
3. What did George do when he woke up in the middle of the night when his watch stopped?
(a) He thought he had to start getting ready for work.
(b) He thought he had a lot more time to sleep.
(c) He thought it was Saturday.
(d) He thought he was late for work.
4. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Wet suits.
(b) Church attire.
(d) Their Sunday boating dresses.
5. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(c) The dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
2. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
3. What kind of animal does Montmorency attack?
4. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
5. How do the men want to get to the train station?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)