|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
2. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
(b) The largest port city in England.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(d) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
(b) Silk suits.
(d) Walking shorts.
4. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) A willow.
(b) A cherry tree.
(c) An oak.
(d) An apple tree.
5. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
(a) Burlington and Burlingame.
(b) Halliford and Shepperton.
(c) Boston and Newport.
(d) Newport and Bridgeport.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
2. Who provides a brief history of Marlow?
3. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
4. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
5. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)