|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Coyotes are nearby.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He keeps thinking of his childhood.
(d) He can't get comfortable.
2. What time did George's watch stop in the story J. tells?
3. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
(a) All the other passengers leave him alone.
(b) Everyone wants some of his food.
(c) His food is stolen.
(d) He makes money selling food to hungry passengers.
4. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
(b) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(c) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
(d) How money can't buy happiness.
5. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(a) A neutral person we never see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
2. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
4. What kind of lunch is Harris eating when he seemingly disappears?
5. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)