|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(c) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) The dog.
(b) Everyone's girlfriend.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Everyone's mother.
3. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(a) The narrator's.
4. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
(a) It's where they've planned to end their voyage.
(b) They just want to drift by it slowly so they can check it out from their boat.
(c) They want to camp there.
(d) They want to spend a few days there.
5. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Pull the tow line.
(b) Cook breakfast.
(c) Clean the bathrooms.
(d) Cook lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
2. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
3. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
4. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
5. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)