|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was really dirty.
(d) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
2. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
(a) J. and George.
(b) Harris and J.
(c) Just George.
(d) George and Harris.
3. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
(a) If his fellow travelers just left him alone for a little bit.
(b) A gate so he doesn't have to worry about rolling off the boat.
(c) If the wildlife would just be quiet.
(d) If he had somewhere to be at a certain time.
4. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
(a) Jazz songs.
(b) Romantic songs.
(c) Opera songs.
(d) Comic songs.
5. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
(a) A willow.
(b) A cherry tree.
(c) An apple tree.
(d) An oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
2. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
3. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
4. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
5. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)