|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) What they think they want.
(b) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(c) Anything they can buy along the way.
(d) Anything that will get them in trouble.
2. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
(a) Each other.
(b) The goddess of rivers.
(c) The god of water.
3. What does "J." stand for?
4. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
(a) While walking.
(b) On roller skates.
(c) While running.
(d) With a special contraption that looks like a tractor.
5. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Read the recipe.
(b) Put some snacks out.
(c) Put the tea kettle on.
(d) Preheat the oven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
2. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
3. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
4. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
5. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)