|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) It was really dirty.
(d) It was full.
2. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) A morning in church.
(b) A full stomach.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Looking at the stars.
3. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
(a) Each other.
(c) The goddess of rivers.
(d) The god of water.
4. What historic document was signed at Manga Charta Island?
(a) The document putting the monarchy in power.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) The Magna Charta.
5. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
(a) If the wildlife would just be quiet.
(b) A gate so he doesn't have to worry about rolling off the boat.
(c) If he had somewhere to be at a certain time.
(d) If his fellow travelers just left him alone for a little bit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men want to get to the train station?
2. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
3. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
4. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
5. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)