|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "J." stand for?
2. Why did George stop in Datchet one night before his journey with his friends?
(a) He was looking for his girlfriend.
(b) He wanted a place to sleep.
(c) He was looking for an old friend.
(d) He was very drunk and very lost.
3. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days
(d) Ten days.
4. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) A group of young boys.
(c) No one.
(d) Some girls who walk by.
5. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Cook breakfast.
(b) Clean the bathrooms.
(c) Pull the tow line.
(d) Cook lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
2. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
3. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
4. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
5. According to J., what animals do some kind of boaters hire to pull their boats?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)