|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(b) He must help his ailing mother.
(c) He cuts classes with his friends.
(d) He is sick.
2. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
(a) Invited guests.
(b) The furniture.
(c) The dining table only.
(d) The rug.
3. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) A lab.
(c) A terrier.
(d) A poodle.
4. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very funny song.
(c) A very religious song.
(d) A very sad song.
5. What kinds of songs does Harris sometimes sing at parties?
(a) Jazz songs.
(b) Comic songs.
(c) Romantic songs.
(d) Opera songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a scene does J. think of when he imagines King Henry courting someone?
2. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
3. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
4. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
5. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)