|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the chimney.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Fixing the car.
(d) Hanging a picture.
2. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(a) Hampton Church.
(b) On the train ride.
(c) The lock cemetery.
3. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(d) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
4. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A gas stove.
(b) An oil stove.
(c) A coal stove.
(d) A steam stove.
5. Whom does Harris usually mention during his performance?
(a) His drummer.
(b) The harpist.
(c) His mother.
(d) The piano player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
2. What word does J. use to describe what it's like to get one's boat towed by girls?
3. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
4. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
5. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)