|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
(a) J. and Harris.
(b) George, Harris, and J.
(c) George and J.
(d) Harris and George.
2. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Cruel ones.
(b) Lazy ones.
(c) Rich ones.
(d) Proper ones.
3. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
(c) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
(d) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
4. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) The largest port city in England.
(b) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(d) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
5. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
(a) If they are doing it okay.
(b) If they can stop.
(c) Why the men felt the need to pack so much stuff.
(d) If they can have some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
2. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
3. J. believes that fellow boaters blame _________________when their tow lines get tangled.
4. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
5. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)