|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
(a) His food is stolen.
(b) Everyone wants some of his food.
(c) He makes money selling food to hungry passengers.
(d) All the other passengers leave him alone.
2. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
3. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) A lab.
(b) A terrier.
(c) No one knows for sure.
(d) A poodle.
4. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A steam stove.
(b) A gas stove.
(c) A coal stove.
(d) An oil stove.
5. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Large cheeses.
(b) Pig feet.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) A barrel of whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
2. Whom do the men blame for oversleeping?
3. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
4. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
5. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)