|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the car.
(b) Fixing the chimney.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Hanging a picture.
2. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
3. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(d) The narrator's.
4. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Large, voluminous gowns.
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(d) Pedal pushers.
5. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(b) A neutral person we never see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
2. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
3. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
4. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
5. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)