|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the car.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Fixing the chimney.
(d) Hanging a picture.
2. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) A gas stove.
(b) A coal stove.
(c) An oil stove.
(d) A steam stove.
3. What kind of dog is Montmorency?
(a) No one knows for sure.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A lab.
(d) A terrier.
4. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
(a) It is customary to tease them.
(b) Something has gone wrong.
(c) Everyone wants a chance to pull.
(d) People play a game of trying to get the most attention.
5. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(d) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of singer does Harris imagine himself to be?
2. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
3. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
4. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
5. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)