|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) Their moms.
(b) No one.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) The housekeeper.
2. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(b) On the train ride.
(c) The lock cemetery.
(d) Hampton Church.
3. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Rich ones.
(b) Lazy ones.
(c) Proper ones.
(d) Cruel ones.
4. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) Some girls who walk by.
(b) No one.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) A group of young boys.
5. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
(a) Why the men felt the need to pack so much stuff.
(b) If they can stop.
(c) If they can have some water.
(d) If they are doing it okay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
2. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
4. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
5. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)