|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Bread and jam.
(d) Salted meat.
2. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) A group of young boys.
(b) Some girls who walk by.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) No one.
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Large cheeses.
(b) Pig feet.
(c) Frog legs.
(d) A barrel of whiskey.
4. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
(a) Pulling it , although it was not attached to anything.
(b) Using it to play tug-of-war.
(c) Arguing over it.
(d) Cutting it in half because they were so angry with each other.
5. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) It is hard to get out of their way.
(b) They move very quickly.
(c) They get in frequent accidents.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
2. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
3. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
4. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
5. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)