|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(b) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(c) It has recently burned down.
(d) It is never used.
2. How do Harris and J. respond to the accusation that they are trespassing?
(a) They take the man's word for it but refuse to move.
(b) They beat up the man accusing them.
(c) They pretend they are lawyers so that the man leaves them alone.
(d) They move immediately.
3. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
(a) A very funny song.
(b) A very religious song.
(c) A very mysterious song.
(d) A very sad song.
4. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Bread and jam.
(d) Salted meat.
5. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
(a) A neutral person we never see.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
2. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
3. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
4. What does "J." stand for?
5. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)