|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
2. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The following morning.
(b) The following night.
(c) A week later.
(d) The next day at lunch.
3. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) At a private house.
(b) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
(c) In the river.
(d) At a laundromat.
4. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(b) The largest port city in England.
(c) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
(d) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
5. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very sad song.
(c) A very funny song.
(d) A ver religious song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
2. What does Harris offer the man who accuses him of trespassing?
3. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
4. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
5. What kind of song is the German man in J.'s story singing when the audience has a joke played on them?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)