|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(a) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
2. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(b) Pedal pushers.
(d) Large, voluminous gowns.
3. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(a) South Africa.
4. What kind of song does the audience think the German man is singing in J.'s story about the joke being played on everyone at a dinner party?
(a) A very mysterious song.
(b) A very sad song.
(c) A very funny song.
(d) A ver religious song.
5. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They throw it out.
(b) They keep it as a souvenir.
(c) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
(d) They nail it to the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
2. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
3. What kind of tree are Harris and J. sitting under when they are accused of trespassing?
4. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
5. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)