|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(b) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(d) The largest port city in England.
2. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
3. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Large, voluminous gowns.
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(d) Pedal pushers.
4. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
5. Who wishes that he hadn't packed his tobacco pouch so soon?
(a) Their river guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is there a hedge maze?
2. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
3. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
4. The three main characters decide they need a break for __________.
5. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)