|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) By following a pretty girl.
(b) By bribing a conductor.
(c) Be random luck.
(d) By asking for help.
2. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) Frog legs.
(b) Pig feet.
(c) Large cheeses.
(d) A barrel of whiskey.
3. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) The largest port city in England.
(b) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(d) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
4. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
(b) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
5. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He must help his ailing mother.
(b) He cuts classes with his friends.
(c) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(d) He is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What towns are Harris and J. rowing by as J. tries to keep Harris from stopping to read tomb inscriptions?
2. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
3. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
4. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
5. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)