|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) Their moms.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) No one.
2. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
(a) He sleeps in and misses the bus.
(b) He must help his ailing mother.
(c) He cuts classes with his friends.
(d) He is sick.
3. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 10:00 a.m.
(d) 11:00 a.m.
4. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) Everyone's girlfriend.
(c) Everyone's mother.
(d) The dog.
5. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
(a) He loses his voice because he sings so loudly.
(b) He attracts a lot of attention because he is so good.
(c) He forgets the words.
(d) He makes people cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
2. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
3. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
4. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
5. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)