|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(c) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
2. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) After 24 hours.
(c) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(d) Right before the trip is over.
3. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(a) South Africa.
4. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
(a) Someone drugged them.
(b) They are all getting sick.
(c) They don't really want to go.
(d) They were up so late packing.
5. Whose relative is Uncle Podger?
(a) The narrator's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
2. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
3. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
4. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
5. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)