|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
(a) The dog.
2. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
(a) The dining table only.
(b) The rug.
(c) Invited guests.
(d) The furniture.
3. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
(a) Less smoking.
(b) Less drinking.
(c) A hearty diet and exercise.
(d) More calories.
4. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(b) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
5. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
(a) All the other passengers leave him alone.
(b) Everyone wants some of his food.
(c) His food is stolen.
(d) He makes money selling food to hungry passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
2. What is Harris's full name?
3. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
4. What does "J." stand for?
5. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)