|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
(a) Have custom tents made.
(b) Smoke a fancy cigar.
(c) Go out for a drink.
(d) Give each other a pat on the back.
2. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) A week later.
(b) The following morning.
(c) The following night.
(d) The next day at lunch.
3. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Hanging a picture.
(b) Fixing the car.
(c) Fixing the chimney.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
4. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
(b) The narrator.
5. Who ends up packing all of the clothes and supplies in the men's first attempt?
(a) Their housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
2. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
3. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
4. What do the men push aside to make room for everything they want to pack?
5. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)