|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who worries that he may have forgotten to pack his toothbrush?
(d) The dog.
2. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
(a) Have custom tents made.
(b) Smoke a fancy cigar.
(c) Go out for a drink.
(d) Give each other a pat on the back.
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
(a) A barrel of whiskey.
(b) Large cheeses.
(c) Pig feet.
(d) Frog legs.
4. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(a) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
5. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Only the things they cannot do without.
(b) Things they might forget.
(c) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
(d) Everything and anything they can think of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
2. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
3. What is Harris's full name?
4. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
5. Who initially attempts to take charge of deciding what to bring on the trip?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)