|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not think the river trip is a fine idea?
(a) Everyone's girlfriend.
(b) Everyone's mother.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) The dog.
2. In what year was "Three Men in a Boat" published?
3. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
(b) The dog.
4. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They keep it as a souvenir.
(b) They throw it out.
(c) They nail it to the boat.
(d) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
5. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(a) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.'s doctor prescribe?
2. What does "J." stand for?
3. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
4. Who is the narrator of "Three Men in a Boat"?
5. Who remembers that he has forgotten to pack boots?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)