|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group do with the initial list of items to bring?
(a) They keep it as a souvenir.
(b) They end up fighting over it so much that it is torn into pieces.
(c) They nail it to the boat.
(d) They throw it out.
2. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) Anything they can buy along the way.
(b) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(c) What they think they want.
(d) Anything that will get them in trouble.
3. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Only the things they cannot do without.
(b) Everything and anything they can think of.
(c) Things they might forget.
(d) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
4. What kind of stove do the three men decide not to take on their trip?
(a) An oil stove.
(b) A steam stove.
(c) A gas stove.
(d) A coal stove.
5. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(d) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
2. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
3. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
4. Who first volunteers to pack everything?
5. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)