|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Looking at the stars.
(c) A full stomach.
(d) A morning in church.
2. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pedal pushers.
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(d) Large, voluminous gowns.
3. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Cook breakfast.
(b) Clean the bathrooms.
(c) Cook lunch.
(d) Pull the tow line.
4. Why did George pass the second inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
(a) It was full.
(b) He thought there might be a better one down the road.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) It was really dirty.
5. What happens to Harris when he appears to disappear during lunch with the other men?
(a) He plays a trick on J.
(c) He faints.
(d) He falls into the edge of a gully hidden by tall grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
2. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
3. Why do the men insist that their food supplies be delivered to their boat immediately?
4. Who accidentally sits on the butter as the men are packing?
5. Why is Stivvings always missing school?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)