|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story he tells, how does J. get saved from being stuck at the top of a pole?
(a) He is saved by another boat.
(b) He eventually climbs down and swims to safety.
(c) He has to jump from the pole to a tree to a boat.
(d) He is saved when the tide goes out, and he can crawl down.
2. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(b) Pedal pushers.
(d) Large, voluminous gowns.
3. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(d) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
4. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
(a) How money can't buy happiness.
(b) How important women are to making a place look nice.
(c) How there's nothing like a place to call home.
(d) How people always seem to end up with what they do not want.
5. Whom did King Henry VIII reportedly court on Magna Charta Island?
(a) Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Mary Boleyn.
(c) Queen Mary.
(d) Anne Boleyn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
2. Which royalty was supposed to have been on Magna Charta island?
3. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
4. Why did George pass the first inn he found when he first visited Datchet?
5. What does George report seeing a couple doing with their tow line once?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)