|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
(a) His food is stolen.
(b) He makes money selling food to hungry passengers.
(c) All the other passengers leave him alone.
(d) Everyone wants some of his food.
2. Who finally ends up helping George find a place to sleep when he first visits Datchet?
(a) A small boy.
(b) No one.
(c) An old man.
(d) A beautiful girl.
3. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
(b) The boat captain.
4. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Pedal pushers.
(b) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(c) Large, voluminous gowns.
5. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 6:30 a.m.
(c) 5:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
2. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
3. What usually happens when Harris tries to sing songs at parties?
4. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
5. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)