|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vice are the main characters doing when the novel opens?
(a) Visiting a place where prostitutes hang out.
2. What do the men decide not to list when it comes to packing?
(a) Anything that begins with a vowel.
(b) Anything that will get them in trouble.
(c) What they think they want.
(d) Anything they can buy along the way.
3. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Change color depending on the time of day.
(b) Get longer and longer.
(c) Get tangled.
4. According to J., the steam-powered boats run faster than ___________.
(a) Small rowboats.
(d) Cargo ships.
5. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) In the boat's bathtub.
(b) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(c) In the river.
(d) In a pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men insist that their food supplies be delivered to their boat immediately?
2. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
3. Where do Harris and J. stop when they are informed they are trespassing?
4. Why can the men not get their canned items open during the trip?
5. What kind of drink do the men take after making the stew?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)