|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Pedal pushers.
(c) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
(d) Large, voluminous gowns.
2. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
(a) Hampton Church.
(b) On the train ride.
(d) The lock cemetery.
3. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
(a) They are all getting sick.
(b) Someone drugged them.
(c) They don't really want to go.
(d) They were up so late packing.
4. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
(a) At a private house.
(b) In the river.
(c) At a laundromat.
(d) They bring enough clothes so they don't have to wash any.
5. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(b) Right before the trip is over.
(c) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(d) After 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
2. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
3. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
4. Where do the men make a pile of everything they want to pack?
5. What happens to J. when he gets on the train after telling his story while the men decide which food to bring?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)