|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first chapter, who admits that he is something of a hypochondriac?
(d) The narrator.
2. When does J. claim people finally get used to being on a ship?
(a) It depends on if they are a man or a woman.
(b) After 24 hours.
(c) Right before the trip is over.
3. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It has recently burned down.
(b) It is never used.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It is continually under construction but never finished.
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) No one.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Their moms.
5. What country are the three main characters in "Three Men in a Boat" from?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
2. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
3. When discussing what food items to bring, what food item does J. tell an amusing story about bringing on a train?
4. What do the men do to celebrate coming to a compromise about their sleeping arrangements?
5. What food item do the men discuss and decide not to bring with them on their trip?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)