|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. note often happens to the person responsible for pulling the tow line?
(a) He gets distracted.
(b) He trips.
(c) He gets very angry.
(d) He trips over the long rope.
2. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Fixing the chimney.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Fixing the car.
(d) Hanging a picture.
3. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
(a) No one.
(b) Some girls who walk by.
(c) A group of young boys.
(d) Their mothers.
4. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
(a) Their bank accounts.
(b) The weather.
(c) Their weight.
(d) The newspaper for news on their trip.
5. According to J., what kinds of people hire animals to pull their boats?
(a) Cruel ones.
(b) Lazy ones.
(c) Rich ones.
(d) Proper ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
2. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
3. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
4. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
5. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)