|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It has recently burned down.
(b) It is never used.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It is continually under construction but never finished.
2. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
3. What do women usually wear when going to a lock?
(a) Large, voluminous gowns.
(c) Pedal pushers.
(d) Pretty (but often impractical) dresses.
4. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) London Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) Big Ben Station.
5. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
(a) Clean the bathrooms.
(b) Cook lunch.
(c) Cook breakfast.
(d) Pull the tow line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
2. What do the men check at breakfast on the day of their departure?
3. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
4. What does J. think would make it easier for him to go back to sleep after he's had a rough night?
5. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)