|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) The boat is rocking too much.
(b) The coyotes are too bothersome.
(c) He has no reason to get up.
(d) He is getting seriously ill.
2. What does J. think tow lines have an uncanny ability to do?
(a) Change color depending on the time of day.
(b) Get longer and longer.
(d) Get tangled.
3. According to J., what often happens to the boats that are being pulled by animals?
(a) They get in frequent accidents.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) They move very quickly.
(d) It is hard to get out of their way.
4. What time does George hear the bells chime in the story which J. tells about George's broken watch?
5. What example is given of a simple project Uncle Podger would undertake?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Fixing the chimney.
(c) Hanging a picture.
(d) Fixing the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the story of the shop in a former house prompt J. to think about?
2. How do the men want to get to the train station?
3. Which character (other than J.) has a rough night sleeping near Picnic Point?
4. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
5. Which character has already been lost in the hedge maze along the river?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)