|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the boat's bathtub.
(d) In a pond.
2. Why does J. think he can't get back to sleep after he has a rough night near Picnic Point?
(a) The boat is rocking too much.
(b) He has no reason to get up.
(c) The coyotes are too bothersome.
(d) He is getting seriously ill.
3. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(b) It has recently burned down.
(c) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(d) It is never used.
4. What do the men decide should be listed when it comes to packing?
(a) Only the things they cannot do without.
(b) Thing they won't be embarrassed to be caught with.
(c) Things they might forget.
(d) Everything and anything they can think of.
5. What is distinct about the house in Kingston which J. tells a story about?
(a) There is a lot of carved oak present in the house.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) It has a large, beautiful staircase.
(d) The owner has covered the walls with wallpaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are initially in favor of camping during the trip?
2. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
3. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
4. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
5. Why do the people in the boat often want the attention of the person pulling the tow line?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)