|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Moulsey Lock?
(a) It has recently burned down.
(b) It is continually under construction but never finished.
(c) It is one of the busiest on the river.
(d) It is never used.
2. After reaching a compromise on the camping/going to an inn decision, when do the friends next meet up to plan their trip?
(a) The following night.
(b) The following morning.
(c) A week later.
(d) The next day at lunch.
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
(b) Silk suits.
(c) Walking shorts.
(d) Bright colored blazers and straw hats.
4. Kingston is known for being ___________________.
(a) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the Irish.
(b) The largest port city in England.
(c) A large battle that was fought there between the French and the German.
(d) The former royal seat of the Saxon kings.
5. Which train station do the men go to as they are preparing to start their journey?
(a) Big Ben Station.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Waterloo Station.
(d) London Station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first act of work which Harris and J. make George do when he finally gets on the boat?
2. What is the most common way for someone to pull the tow line?
3. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
4. Where do the men decide they will leave from to begin their river journey?
5. Who brings up the idea of inclement weather when the group is trying to decide if they should camp or sleep at inns during their trip?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)