|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are people wearing when the young men reach Moulsey Lock?
(a) Church attire.
(b) Wet suits.
(c) Their Sunday boating dresses.
2. Whom does George finally ask about the time in the story J. tells about the broken watch?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A priest.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) A newspaper vendor.
3. Whose shirt does J. accidentally fling into the river?
(c) The captain's.
(d) His own.
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) No one.
(b) Their moms.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) A telephone call.
5. Where do the men decide they must bathe during their trip?
(a) At a private bathroom on land somewhere.
(b) In the boat's bathtub.
(c) In a pond.
(d) In the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to J., what are girls constantly asking while they tow the boat?
2. Where does Harris first mention wanting to get out and look at tombstone inscriptions?
3. What do men usually wear when going to a lock?
4. Where is George when he hears the bells chime in the story J. tells?
5. Where do the men decide they will wash their clothes?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)