|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural wonder has a major impact on J. near picnic point?
(a) A meteor shower.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) The sounds of wolves.
(d) The stars and darkness of night.
2. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Write letters home.
(b) Do an inventory count.
(c) Set up their beds.
(d) Make a few phone calls.
3. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
(a) They want to spend a few days there.
(b) They want to camp there.
(c) It's where they've planned to end their voyage.
(d) They just want to drift by it slowly so they can check it out from their boat.
4. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(b) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(c) Montmorency barking and a light.
(d) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
5. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He gets into the spirit.
(b) He naps.
(c) He becomes afraid.
(d) He disappears for awhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
2. How does the stew turn out that the group makes?
3. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
4. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
5. Who gets tangled up in the materials needed to prepare the boat for sleeping?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)