|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of vegetables do the men use in their stew?
(b) Peas and carrots.
(d) Peas and potatoes.
2. How do the men ultimately get the train they need?
(a) Be random luck.
(b) By asking for help.
(c) By following a pretty girl.
(d) By bribing a conductor.
3. Who suggests the group make a stew one night for dinner?
(a) The dog.
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
(a) No one.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Their moms.
5. Why does J. have trouble sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He can't get comfortable.
(c) He keeps thinking of his childhood.
(d) Coyotes are nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
3. Why do the men oversleep right as they begin their journey?
4. What does Montmorency offer up for the stew?
5. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)