|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Stare at it.
(c) Put it on a high flame.
(d) Put it on a low flame.
2. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 7:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 5:30 a.m.
3. What does George want to postpone doing before they set up their boat for sleeping near Picnic Point?
(a) Set up their beds.
(b) Make a few phone calls.
(c) Do an inventory count.
(d) Write letters home.
4. How is Sonning described by J.?
(a) As a scary town trapped in the past.
(b) As a ghost town.
(c) As a picturesque village with quaint houses and gardens.
(d) As the place he wants to go when he settles down and has a family.
5. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
(a) Looking at the stars.
(b) A full stomach.
(c) A morning in church.
(d) Reading the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the men wake up on the day they start their journey?
2. How do the men react to Montmorency's offer for the stew?
3. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
4. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
5. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)