|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Put some snacks out.
(b) Preheat the oven.
(c) Read the recipe.
(d) Put the tea kettle on.
2. Why do the men not reach Magna Charta when they planned?
(a) Their boat runs out of gas.
(b) Their map is wrong.
(c) It is too far, and they are tired.
(d) The island doesn't actually exist.
3. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(b) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(c) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(d) Montmorency barking and a light.
4. What time did the men want to wake up on the day they start their journey?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:30 a.m.
(c) 6:30 a.m.
(d) 7:30 a.m.
5. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
(a) On the boat.
(b) In a farmer's field.
(c) Inside a sports stadium.
(d) On an island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
2. Where do the men take their train to meet their boat?
3. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
4. Who wakes up the men when they oversleep on the first day of their journey?
5. What does J. think is the best way to get a tea kettle to boil?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)