One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men need to do to set up their boat for sleeping?
(a) Set up tents.
(b) Get blankets from storage.
(c) Blow up their air mattresses.
(d) Hang hoops and canvas.
2. How does Montmorency react to the men's jovial demeanor while making the stew?
(a) He gets into the spirit.
(b) He becomes afraid.
(c) He naps.
(d) He disappears for awhile.
3. What makes setting up the boat for sleeping take so long?
(a) The hoops and canvas don't fit.
(b) The blankets have bugs in them that need to be picked out.
(c) The air mattress has a hole in it.
(d) The tents keep collapsing.
4. What does J. think one should do first while preparing dinner?
(a) Read the recipe.
(b) Preheat the oven.
(c) Put the tea kettle on.
(d) Put some snacks out.
5. What signals finally allow George and J. to find Harris the night they go to Henley?
(a) The sound of waves crashing up against the boat.
(b) The terrible sound of Harris singing and playing the banjo.
(c) Police sirens and the light of flames.
(d) Montmorency barking and a light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal do the men eat before departing on their trip?
2. Who starts teasing the men as they get their luggage ready to go?
3. What does J. notice changes a man's outlook as the group rests near Picnic Point?
4. What is the group's original goal for Magna Charta Island?
5. Where near Sonning do the men decide to camp?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)