• The book opens with the three main characters who are all young, English men. The characters are George, Harris, and J. There is also Montmorency, a terrier, present.
• J. is the author and narrator. The story is told from his point of view.
• The men are discussing their health, which is fine, though they believe otherwise. They decide they need a vacation. They decide to take a trip up the Thames River in London.
• The group decides to leave the following Saturday from Kingston. Harrison and J. will meet George after he finishes his day of work at the bank.
• The group discusses camping or staying at inns. After much discussion, they decide to try to camp unless they encounter bad weather.
• The group tries to pack but faces some challenges, most of which involve packing too much stuff. They agree to focus on what...
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)