|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mal's father spend the war?
(a) Dairy farm in Wisconsin.
(d) Ranch in Montana.
2. In Chapter 14, where has Stavros spent the last three months?
3. Who was Lucille's number one heroine?
(a) Margaret Sanger.
(b) Cyd Charisse.
(c) Ginger Rogers.
(d) Julia Child.
4. What nationality was the housekeeper that Mal hired in Chapter 11?
5. How many postcards did Stavros send Fern while he was gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fenno returned from Scotland in Chapter 10, how many hours did Felicity let him sleep his first night back?
2. How long did the dog Mavis live?
3. Where were Mal's ashes spread?
4. What bird was on the T-shirts Ralph bought for the bookstore?
5. In Chapter 14, how long has Fern known Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how were the readings at the bookstore?
2. How does Tony leave a place that he has borrowed?
3. What photos does Lucinda show after dinner in Chapter 9 and what is her relationship to the people in the photos?
4. Why has Fenno come to the house where Tony and Fern are staying in Chapter 15?
5. What did Lucinda say about Mal as she rode home from the benefit with Fenno?
6. What has Fern learned about Tony throughout the years she has known him?
7. What does Tony serve Fern for dinner in Chapter 14?
8. How did Jonah die and how did Fern learn of his death?
9. What are David and Lil doing when Fenno goes to see them at the clinic in Chapter 10?
10. Who is Stavros?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)