|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What island did Fenno say that he and Mal might visit when he went home in Chapter 9?
2. What nationality was the housekeeper that Mal hired in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 14, where has Stavros spent the last three months?
4. Where did Mal's mother live?
(c) New York.
5. What did Mal wear when Fenno first met Mal's mother?
(a) Slacks and polo.
(c) Jeans and t-shirt.
(d) Ivory linen tunic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what lake did Fenno drive near after he drove off and left Veronique?
2. How old is Tony in Chapter 14?
3. When Fenno went to find Tony in Chapter 10, what was the woman wearing who answered the door?
4. What did Fern's parents do?
5. On his way back to Tealing in Chapter 9, what does Fenno order at a pub for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What photos does Lucinda show after dinner in Chapter 9 and what is her relationship to the people in the photos?
2. How did Felicity respond when Fenno took her to Mal's in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 10, why was Fenno surprised when he looked for Tony and found a woman at the house?
4. In Chapter 11, why did Tony not let Fenno know that he was leaving?
5. In Chapter 10, how were the readings at the bookstore?
6. Why did Fenno go to Paris in Chapter 12?
7. How does Fenno describe Mal's mother in Chapter 9?
8. Who were Mal's mother's heroines?
9. Why did Mal retire?
10. In Chapter 11, why do David and Fenno go through the trash from the dinner that was held after Paul's memorial service?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)