|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, how long did Fenno plan to go to Paris?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
2. Where did Mal's mother live?
(b) New York.
3. What did Mal wear when Fenno first met Mal's mother?
(a) Jeans and t-shirt.
(b) Slacks and polo.
(c) Ivory linen tunic.
4. What island did Fenno say that he and Mal might visit when he went home in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 13, what day of the week did Mal take his parents to see a Noel Coward play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mal's mother remind Fenno of?
2. What was the name of the woman Fenno met at Tony's exhibition in Paris in Chapter 12?
3. Who was with Mal when he died?
4. Where was the hotel where Fenno and Mal stayed when they went to Arran?
5. How many attended Maureen's graveside rites?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, why did Tony not let Fenno know that he was leaving?
2. What photos does Lucinda show after dinner in Chapter 9 and what is her relationship to the people in the photos?
3. In Chapter 10, how were the readings at the bookstore?
4. What did Mal spend his time doing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What does Tony serve Fern for dinner in Chapter 14?
6. In Chapter 10, why was Fenno surprised when he looked for Tony and found a woman at the house?
7. Who is Stavros?
8. How does Fenno describe Mal's mother in Chapter 9?
9. What has Fern learned about Tony throughout the years she has known him?
10. What happened to Mal in Chapter 12 when Fenno went to Paris?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)