|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long did visitors usually stay who came to see Mal?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) A couple hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 9, how long have Fenno and Tony been meeting?
(a) More than two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Nearly three months.
(d) About three weeks.
3. What does a neighbor bring Tony in Chapter 15?
(a) Homemade bread.
(b) Rhubarb, strawberries, asparagus, and marigolds.
(c) Peaches, apples, and daisies.
4. In Chapter 12, how long has it been since Fenno climbed the ladder in his brothers' old room?
(a) 20-25 years.
(b) 15-20 years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Where did Lucinda and Zeke live while he finished his degree?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how many pages is the letter that Lil's has written to Fenno?
2. Who in Tony's family was blind?
3. In Chapter 11, what color was the shirt that Fenno remembered receiving from Tony?
4. What does Tony teach children?
5. Where was the hotel where Fenno and Mal stayed when they went to Arran?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Mal's mother's heroines?
2. In Chapter 11, why did Tony not let Fenno know that he was leaving?
3. What has Fern learned about Tony throughout the years she has known him?
4. What does Tony serve Fern for dinner in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 10, why was Fenno surprised when he looked for Tony and found a woman at the house?
6. Why did Fenno go to Paris in Chapter 12?
7. How does Tony leave a place that he has borrowed?
8. Why has Fenno come to the house where Tony and Fern are staying in Chapter 15?
9. Who is Stavros?
10. In Chapter 11, why do David and Fenno go through the trash from the dinner that was held after Paul's memorial service?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)