|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers were flattened to build kennels for Paul's wife's dogs?
(a) Peonies, lilies, lilacs.
(b) Daisies, tulips, and daffodils.
(c) Roses and lupines.
(d) Black-eyed Susans and purple coneflowers.
2. In Chapter 7, what time does Fenno get up?
(a) 5 o'clock.
(b) 6 o'clock.
(c) 7 o'clock.
(d) 8 o'clock.
3. In 1986 how many of Fenno's friends died of complications of AIDS within the past year?
4. In Chapter 7, how long has Fenno lived in New York?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 17 years.
5. When Fenno moved to Bank Street, into the flat below Ralph's, how often did he walk?
(a) After work weekdays.
(b) Nearly every evening.
(c) Around noon two or three times a week.
(d) Nearly every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how old are Thea and Laurie?
2. When Paul lived in Tealing, what day of the week would he go for a walk?
3. What did Fenno buy when Armand's sister sold his belongings?
4. What color were Malacy's eyes?
5. What was Malachy's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Maureen kill two puppies in Chapter 2?
2. How long were Paul and Maureen married before they had children, and why did it take so long?
3. Who was Malachy Burns?
4. How does Fenno help Veronique at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. How did Ralph and Fenno happen to find Armand dead at one of his bistro tables?
6. What is Dennis's family like?
7. What are Fenno's nieces trying to do to him when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. What is the favorite piece that Marjorie buys on the trip to Greece?
9. Why did Mal ask Fenno to be his health proxy?
10. Who was Colin Swift?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)