|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the boat trip in Chapter 2?
(a) An hours.
(b) About three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) One and a half hours.
2. What did Fenno buy when Armand's sister sold his belongings?
(a) Leather couch.
(c) Dining table.
(d) Velvet settee.
3. When Fenno moved to Bank Street, into the flat below Ralph's, how often did he walk?
(a) Nearly every evening.
(b) Around noon two or three times a week.
(c) Nearly every morning.
(d) After work weekdays.
4. When Fenno was a boy, how many mornings a week would there be a foxhunt thundering through the acreage back of the house?
(c) Two to three.
(d) One and two.
5. How old was Fenno's friend Luke when he died of complications of AIDS?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the dog that Fenno wanted to take home after his mother died?
2. How old was Fenno in 1986?
3. After the tour group explores ruins in Chapter 2, where do they plan to go next?
4. What type of flowers are next to Paul's ashes after the funeral?
5. In Chapter 7, what time does Fenno get up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Paul meet his wife?
2. What are some sketches that Fern shows Paul?
3. What was a major expenditure in furnishing the bookstore, and why was it a wise investment?
4. What do Veronique and her daughters wear for Paul's funeral?
5. Who was Colin Swift?
6. How long were Paul and Maureen married before they had children, and why did it take so long?
7. How did Ralph and Fenno happen to find Armand dead at one of his bistro tables?
8. What does Paul do for a living, and how does he like his job?
9. What is found in an old vase in Chapter 6?
10. What are Fenno's nieces trying to do to him when he wakes at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)