|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tony fix for dinner at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Turkey and dressing.
(b) Salmon and plum tomatoes.
(c) Orange roughy and sweet potatoes.
(d) Duck and wild rice.
2. What food does Tony keep in his apartment in the city?
(a) Vegetables and lunch meats.
(b) Cheese and milk.
(c) Beer and milk.
(d) TV dinners.
3. In Chapter 11, what color was the shirt that Fenno remembered receiving from Tony?
(a) Cobalt blue.
(d) Sea green.
4. What does Fern do for a living?
(c) Book designer.
5. Where did Fern meet Tony?
6. How many postcards did Stavros send Fern while he was gone?
7. How many bedrooms are there in the house Tony is using in Chapter 14?
8. Where were Mal's ashes spread?
(b) Central Park.
(d) Lake Champlain.
9. Where did Lucinda and Zeke live while he finished his degree?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
10. In Chapter 14, where has Stavros spent the last three months?
11. What color eyes did Mal's mother have?
12. What is the name of the pony that David and Lil are treating when Fenno visits David's clinic in Chapter 10?
13. What does a neighbor bring Tony in Chapter 15?
(a) Rhubarb, strawberries, asparagus, and marigolds.
(c) Homemade bread.
(d) Peaches, apples, and daisies.
14. In Chapter 9, how many pages is the letter that Lil's has written to Fenno?
(a) Three pages.
(b) Four pages.
(c) Five pages.
(d) Two pages.
15. What did Fenno leave for Mal when he left for a fundraiser he was attending with Mal's mother?
(a) Oxycotin, percocet, and rum.
(b) Percocet and wine.
(c) Morphine, barbitol, and vodka.
(d) Vicodin and whiskey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mal wear when Fenno first met Mal's mother?
2. In Chapter 11, where did Mal want to spend the Christmas he thought might be his last?
3. Who was Lucille's number one heroine?
4. Where did Mal's father spend the war?
5. What did Mal and Fenno watch together on television at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)