|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fenno went to find Tony in Chapter 10, what was the woman wearing who answered the door?
(a) Gingham dress.
(b) Jeans and T-shirt
(c) Tie-dyed dress.
(d) Skirt and sweater set.
2. What girl did Lucille hope could get a scholarship at a culinary school in Boston?
3. In Chapter 13, how many years have passed since Mal died and Fenno goes home for his father's funeral?
(a) Six years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
4. What does Tony fix for dinner at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) Duck and wild rice.
(b) Salmon and plum tomatoes.
(c) Turkey and dressing.
(d) Orange roughy and sweet potatoes.
5. How long did the dog Mavis live?
6. What did Fenno leave for Mal when he left for a fundraiser he was attending with Mal's mother?
(a) Vicodin and whiskey.
(b) Percocet and wine.
(c) Morphine, barbitol, and vodka.
(d) Oxycotin, percocet, and rum.
7. Where did Mal's mother and father spend time in Scotland before their children were born?
8. In Chapter 12, how long did Fenno plan to go to Paris?
(a) Two days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
9. What nationality was the housekeeper that Mal hired in Chapter 11?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long did visitors usually stay who came to see Mal?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) A couple hours.
(d) An hour.
11. What does Tony teach children?
(b) Bike riding.
(c) Horseback riding.
12. What did Fern's parents do?
(a) Ran a vet clinic.
(c) Ran a nursery.
13. In what part of New York was Tony's apartment?
(d) Hell's Kitchen.
14. On his way back to Tealing in Chapter 9, what does Fenno order at a pub for dinner?
(a) Yorkshire pudding.
(b) Cottage pie.
(c) Trout and peas.
(d) Bangers and mash.
15. Who did Mal's mother remind Fenno of?
(a) His own mother.
(c) Girls like Lil.
(d) A professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mal was little, at what time would he hear the sound of his mother's sewing machine?
2. Where did Mal's father spend the war?
3. What was the name of the woman Fenno met at Tony's exhibition in Paris in Chapter 12?
4. Who was Lucille's number one heroine?
5. How many postcards did Stavros send Fern while he was gone?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)