|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mal was little, at what time would he hear the sound of his mother's sewing machine?
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
2. When Fenno returned from Scotland in Chapter 10, how many hours did Felicity let him sleep his first night back?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Five hours.
3. On his way back to Tealing in Chapter 9, what does Fenno order at a pub for dinner?
(a) Cottage pie.
(b) Trout and peas.
(c) Bangers and mash.
(d) Yorkshire pudding.
4. Where did Mal's father spend the war?
(b) Ranch in Montana.
(c) Dairy farm in Wisconsin.
5. What type of container held Mal's ashes?
6. Who in Tony's family was blind?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
7. What was the name of the woman Fenno met at Tony's exhibition in Paris in Chapter 12?
8. How old is Tony in Chapter 14?
9. Where did Mal's mother live?
(b) New York.
10. In what part of New York was Tony's apartment?
(c) Hell's Kitchen.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 13, why could Mal's sister not come to visit?
(a) Her car broke down.
(b) She was taking classes and couldn't get away.
(c) She had pneumonia.
(d) Her children had the flu.
12. Where did Fern meet Tony?
13. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how long did visitors usually stay who came to see Mal?
(a) A couple hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. What is the name of the pony that David and Lil are treating when Fenno visits David's clinic in Chapter 10?
15. In Chapter 12, how long has it been since Fenno climbed the ladder in his brothers' old room?
(a) Ten years.
(b) 20-25 years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) 15-20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Stavros grandmother die?
2. In Chapter 13, what day of the week did Mal take his parents to see a Noel Coward play?
3. What had Mal's presence been for Fenno as Fenno's mother was dealing with her cancer?
4. Who was with Mal when he died?
5. How long did the dog Mavis live?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)