• Paul McLeod lives in Scotland and is a World War II veteran.
• After the death of his wife, he decides to go to Greece with a tour group.
• Everyone on the tour is especially kind to Paul and make sure he always has the room with the best view.
• Paul is the publisher and owner of the Dumfries-Galloway newspaper.
• He misses his wife greatly, and he thinks he sees her everywhere.
• Paul knew his wife from school and became better acquainted with her at the Globe, where she worked as a cook, barkeep or sometimes a maid for the upstairs rooms.
• Paul meets a young American woman named Fern on the trip.
• Since she realizes he is from Scotland, she asks about Border collies, because she would like to own one.
• Paul does not wish to talk about collies, because his wife raised the dogs.
This section contains 2,624 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)