|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters believes he has squandered close-range shots when he comes face-to-face with Old Ben?
(a) Major de Spain.
(d) The young boy.
2. What type of animal kills Major de Spain's animal in the night?
(a) A panther.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bear.
(d) A fox.
3. Who accuses Boon of killing Sam?
(b) No one accuses Boon of killing Sam.
(c) Major de Spain.
(d) The young boy.
4. How does Old Ben react when the young boy falls upon him in the bushes?
(a) Old Ben is apathetic.
(b) Old Ben is terrified.
(c) Old Ben is outraged.
(d) Old Ben is amused.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Ike use to describe the process of buying and selling land?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time when most Americans settled their land, from where did they transport most of their slaves?
2. Which of the following characters has a premonition about Sam's death, which he finds deeply disturbing?
3. Which of the following men is solely responsible for killing Old Ben?
4. In what season of the year does the young boy spend hunting Old Ben?
5. Under what type of tree is Boon sitting when Ike falls upon him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who or what kills Major de Spain's colt?
2. What is the reaction from the government when the tall convict turns himself in?
3. What casualties are incurred while Old Ben is fighting for his life in the moments before his death?
4. What is the reaction from the townsfolk when news spreads that both Old Ben and Sam are dead?
5. What is the history of race-relations between Blacks and Whites in the South, as Ike understands it?
6. How do Ike and McCaslin learn the dark truth of their family's history on the plantation?
7. How does the Cajun man hunt alligators?
8. Where do the convict and the refugee stay when they leave the Red Cross boat?
9. How did Ash attempt to outshine Ike as children, and what was the result of his attempt?
10. Who finally sells the land on which the hunting camp once stood?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)