|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose job is it to bury the body of Old Ben?
(a) The young boy.
(b) The bear's body is not buried.
(c) Major de Spain.
2. Which of the following men is solely responsible for killing Old Ben?
(b) The young boy.
3. Who is put in charge of ensuring that the tall prisoner makes his way back to the prison and does not escape?
(a) The governor.
(b) No one.
(c) The deputy.
(d) The sheriff.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ike's marriage?
5. Who finally sells the land on which the hunting camp is located?
(d) Major de Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ike when he moves in with McCaslin?
2. What is Boon doing under the tree when Ike falls upon him?
3. How does the young boy feel about Boon?
4. What type of animal is Boon hunting when Ike falls upon him under the tree?
5. What type of animal does the Cajun man like to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime does Ike accuse his grandfather or committing, and what proof does he have of this crime?
2. How does the convict spend his time during the week he lives with the Cajun man?
3. How old is the young boy at the opening of the story, "The Bear", and what is he waiting to do?
4. What casualties are incurred while Old Ben is fighting for his life in the moments before his death?
5. How does Ike live his life after he decides not to accept his inherited land?
6. What does Ike claim is the curse that has landed in the South?
7. Why must the convict and Cajun man eventually part ways?
8. What do the hunters do to pass the time when they are bored on their hunting trips?
9. What happens in the story when the young boy turns sixteen?
10. What happens when Ike runs into Boon one last time in the woods?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)