|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the land sold on which the hunting camp stands?
(a) To loggers.
(b) To scientists.
(c) To environmentalists.
(d) To contractors.
2. Which of the following objects will Old Ben allegedly never cross paths with?
(a) A feather.
(b) A gun.
(c) A cross.
(d) A pure heart.
3. Where is the fatal wound that strikes down Old Ben?
(a) His heart.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His back.
(d) His head.
4. What is the young boy's real name?
5. Which of Boon's dogs is hottest on Old Ben's trail on the day the bear is killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ash feel when he saw Ike kill his first deer?
2. How old is the young boy when his true name is finally revealed to the readers?
3. What type of animal is Boon hunting when Ike falls upon him under the tree?
4. Who accuses Boon of killing Sam?
5. Which of the following characters does Ike NOT visit with when he rides through the woods for the last time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Cajun man hunt alligators?
2. Who finally sells the land on which the hunting camp once stood?
3. What is the reaction from the government when the tall convict turns himself in?
4. How is Old Ben killed?
5. Where do the convict and the refugee stay when they leave the Red Cross boat?
6. Who is Fonsiba, and why does Ike feel the need to track her down?
7. What happens in the story when the young boy turns sixteen?
8. How do Ike and McCaslin learn the dark truth of their family's history on the plantation?
9. What is the reaction from the townsfolk when news spreads that both Old Ben and Sam are dead?
10. How does Ike respond when he learns that he has inherited a large chunk of land from his father's will?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)