|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While walking along the water, the convict finds a small hut raised up on what?
2. How many of Old Ben's feet have been mangled by traps set by the hunters?
3. What is the only thing the young boy brings with him when he goes out, for the second time alone, in search of Old Ben?
(a) A compass.
(b) A hunting dog.
(c) A bandanna.
(d) A knife.
4. To whom is the land sold on which the hunting camp stands?
(a) To environmentalists.
(b) To scientists.
(c) To contractors.
(d) To loggers.
5. What sound does Ike hear as he is walking through the woods that alerts him to Boon's presence there?
(c) Metal grinding.
(d) An axe chopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old must the young boy be before he will be allowed to go hunting with the men?
2. Which of the following men is solely responsible for killing Old Ben?
3. Which of the following facts about Sam is NOT true?
4. Which of the following characters is considered to be an alcoholic?
5. How does the young boy feel about Boon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the hunters learn that Old Ben is not an indestructible force of nature?
2. What is the legend that surrounds Old Ben?
3. How does Ike respond when he learns that he has inherited a large chunk of land from his father's will?
4. Who is Ash?
5. What happens in the story when the young boy turns sixteen?
6. What is the reaction from the townsfolk when news spreads that both Old Ben and Sam are dead?
7. What crime does Ike accuse his grandfather or committing, and what proof does he have of this crime?
8. Where do the convict and the refugee stay when they leave the Red Cross boat?
9. How did Ash attempt to outshine Ike as children, and what was the result of his attempt?
10. How does Ike live his life after he decides not to accept his inherited land?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)