|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doctor react when he learns the truth about the convict's past?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is terrified.
2. Who does Ratcliff claim is directly responsible for the damages the Tull family incurred as a result of the wild horse stampede?
3. Who or what does the tall convict blame for motivating him in crime?
(a) The devil.
(b) Comic books.
(d) His parents.
4. What sound does the tall convict hear that startles him as he is moving through the camp?
(a) The wind blowing through the trees.
(b) The rushing river.
(c) The silence of nature.
(d) The rocks tumbling down the mountain.
5. Who was the fat convict most concerned with avoiding during his trial period?
(a) His accomplices.
(b) His victims.
(c) His family.
(d) His lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hipps use to restrain the wild horses while he is transporting them to the auction?
2. What is Eck's expectation when he enters the court to defend himself against Tull?
3. How much money does the court claim Flem Snopes stole from the Armstid family?
4. How does Eck's horse die?
5. How does the convict feel about the impending delivery of the pregnant refugee's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing the convict does when he is aboard the Red Cross steamboat?
2. What crime did the fat convict plead guilty to in court, and why?
3. What happens when the boat overturns that the tall and fat convicts are paddling down the river?
4. What happens the firs time the convict attempts to turn himself into the police?
5. How does the tall convict react to the army camp the prisoners are resettled to during the flood?
6. Why does Henry get into a shouting match with his wife at the horse auction?
7. How is Mrs. Armstid described when she enters the courtroom to plead her case to the judge?
8. How do the Mississippi farmers plan to wrangle the horses after Hipps skips town?
9. Why does Snopes end up with five dollars in his hand at the end of the auction?
10. Where is the refugee woman's baby born?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)