|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the tall convict away from prison before he finally returned?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
2. What does Mrs. Littlejohn hit the wild horse over the head with, sending it running back into the streets?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A rolling pin.
(c) A washing board.
(d) A wooden spoon.
3. What part of Hipps' clothing outfit is split in half by a wild horse during the auction?
(a) His pants.
(b) His hat.
(c) His vest.
(d) His shoe.
4. What is Hipps' response to the heckler who shouts that Hipps is trying to scam the town?
(a) He leaves the city.
(b) He shouts back, causing a scene.
(c) He punches him in the mouth.
(d) He ignores him.
5. What food item is the pregnant refugee given, which disturbs the convict?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A head of cheese.
(c) A tin of milk.
(d) A basket of eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fat convict convicted of stealing?
2. What is Eck's expectation when he enters the court to defend himself against Tull?
3. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
4. How does the judge in the Armstid case treat Flem Snopes?
5. Which of the following characters states that, "If a man can't take care of himself in a trade, he can't blame the man that trims him"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general reaction to the judgment against Snopes in the courtroom?
2. Why does Henry get into a shouting match with his wife at the horse auction?
3. What happens the firs time the convict attempts to turn himself into the police?
4. What are Eck's expectations when he enters the court on the day of his trial?
5. Why does Snopes end up with five dollars in his hand at the end of the auction?
6. What reaction does Doctor Varner have to the news that there has been a wild horse stampede in town?
7. How does Snopes treat Mrs. Armstid in court when she brings up a case against him?
8. What interaction does the convict have with the first boat of survivors from the flood?
9. How does Hipps treat the wild horses that he brings in from Texas to sell in Mississippi?
10. How does the tall convict react to the army camp the prisoners are resettled to during the flood?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)