|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hipps use to restrain the wild horses while he is transporting them to the auction?
(a) Wood beams.
(b) He does not restrain them.
(c) Barbed wire.
(d) Rope and twine.
2. How does Eck's horse die?
(a) It is poisoned by the Tull family.
(b) It is shot by a hunter.
(c) It is put to sleep by the court.
(d) It breaks its neck.
3. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
4. How do the farmers describe the process of wrangling their horses after the auction to take them home?
5. How old was the tall convict when he was first sent to prison?
(a) 23 years old.
(b) 21 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 19 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Hipps' clothing outfit is split in half by a wild horse during the auction?
2. What does the fat convict claim he grabbed onto in order to save himself when his boat overturned?
3. Who does the heckler fear is in cahoots with Hipp running his scam?
4. Who was the fat convict most concerned with avoiding during his trial period?
5. How do the wild horses react when they are released in the auction pen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general reaction to the judgment against Snopes in the courtroom?
2. How does the tall convict react to the army camp the prisoners are resettled to during the flood?
3. What are Eck's expectations when he enters the court on the day of his trial?
4. Toward the end of the trip on the steamboat, how does the Red Cross doctor treat the convict?
5. What happens when the boat overturns that the tall and fat convicts are paddling down the river?
6. What crime did the fat convict plead guilty to in court, and why?
7. What interaction does the convict have with the first boat of survivors from the flood?
8. What story does the tall convict tell the fat convict about his intentions while away from prison?
9. Where is the refugee woman's baby born?
10. What is the first thing the convict does when he is aboard the Red Cross steamboat?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)