|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tull feel about the verdict handed down by the judge regarding his case against Eck?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is satisfied.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is dissatisfied.
2. What was the tall convict convicted of robbing when he was sent to prison?
(a) A museum.
(b) A train.
(c) A bank.
(d) A liquor store.
3. Where do the wild horses cut Hipp during a fight?
(a) His hand.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His shin.
(d) His ear.
4. Who or what does the tall convict blame for motivating him in crime?
(a) His parents.
(c) The devil.
(d) Comic books.
5. Which of the following families is considered the most dishonest family in Mississippi by the townsfolk?
(a) The Tull.
(b) The Hipps.
(c) The Snopses.
(d) The Armstids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the farmers describe the process of wrangling their horses after the auction to take them home?
2. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
3. Who does Ratcliff harass, thinking he knows the truth about the origins of the wild horses?
4. What was the fat convict convicted of stealing?
5. In what state does Hipps try to sell his wild horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to the case brought up against Snopes, what other charges were pressed in the Mississippi town after the wild horse stampede?
2. What happens when the boat overturns that the tall and fat convicts are paddling down the river?
3. How does Hipps treat the wild horses that he brings in from Texas to sell in Mississippi?
4. What happens when Eck's horse comes into contact with the Tull family?
5. What crime was the tall convict convicted of committing?
6. What reaction does Doctor Varner have to the news that there has been a wild horse stampede in town?
7. What is the first thing the convict does when he is aboard the Red Cross steamboat?
8. What is Ratcliff's reaction to Hipps' arrival in Mississippi?
9. What is the general reaction to the judgment against Snopes in the courtroom?
10. How many people in the prison know the true crime that the fat convict committed?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)