|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which beverage do the hunters drink when they are bored during their hunting trips?
2. Under what type of tree is Boon sitting when Ike falls upon him?
3. What type of animal does the Cajun man like to hunt?
4. How are Ike and McCaslin related?
(a) McCaslin is Ike's uncle.
(b) McCaslin is Ike's cousin.
(c) McCaslin is Ike's grandfather.
(d) McCaslin is Ike's brother.
5. How does the young boy feel about Boon?
(a) He is entertained by him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He does not respect him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
6. Who does the dog, Lion, belong to?
(a) Major de Spain.
(d) The young boy.
7. After leaving the Red Cross boat, what body of water do the convict and the refugee walk along?
(a) The Louisiana Bayou.
(b) The Saint Louis Delta.
(c) The Plaster Creek.
(d) The Mississippi River.
8. In what state does Ike's cousin, Fonsiba, live?
9. What does the doctor claim is the reason for Sam's death?
(b) Old age.
(d) Heart attack.
10. How does the convict feel when he is out hunting with the Cajun man?
(a) He feels frustrated.
(b) He feels deceived.
(c) He feels proud.
(d) He feels confused.
11. Who does Ike claim profited greatly from the process of buying and selling land?
(b) Indian chiefs.
(c) White settlers.
(d) African slaves.
12. Which of the following characters is considered to be an alcoholic?
(c) The young boy.
13. How do Ike and McCaslin feel when they are reading the ledgers from the old plantation their family used to own?
(a) They feel ashamed.
(b) They feel proud.
(c) They feel apathetic.
(d) They feel confused.
14. What is Boon's last name?
15. Why is the tall convict no longer required to serve the rest of his sentence from before the flood?
(a) Because he has completed his duty by saving the refugee.
(b) Because the fat convict has taken on the rest of his sentence.
(c) Because he was declared legally dead.
(d) Because he was absolved by the governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Ike use to describe the process of buying and selling land?
2. What governmental rank does the man have whom the tall convict finally turns himself into?
3. When Ike hears that the woods have been sold, what does he have the urge to do one last time before he moves away?
4. After a boy kills his first deer in the woods, what does the boy traditionally do with that deer's blood?
5. What is the reaction from the townsfolk when they hear the news that Old Ben is dead?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)