|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does the governor decide to add to the tall convict's sentence for attempted escape?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. After leaving the hut, where does the convict resettle?
(a) In an old grain house.
(b) In an old elementary school.
(c) In an old armory.
(d) In an old mental hospital.
3. What is Boon doing under the tree when Ike falls upon him?
(b) Skinning an animal.
(c) Loading his gun.
4. How many of Old Ben's feet have been mangled by traps set by the hunters?
5. How did Ash feel after his first hunting trip alone in the woods?
6. How does the convict feel when he is out hunting with the Cajun man?
(a) He feels confused.
(b) He feels proud.
(c) He feels frustrated.
(d) He feels deceived.
7. How old is the young boy at the opening of the story "The Bear"?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 3 years old.
(c) 7 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
8. How many characters are killed during the fight with Old Ben?
9. What does Ike do for a living now that he has turned down his inheritance?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is blacksmith.
(c) He is a bartender.
(d) He is a carpenter.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ike's marriage?
11. Who finally sells the land on which the hunting camp is located?
(a) Major de Spain.
12. What governmental rank does the man have whom the tall convict finally turns himself into?
13. Which of the following men is solely responsible for killing Old Ben?
(a) The young boy.
14. In what type of landscape does the Cajun man spend his days hunting?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In the lakes.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the swamps.
15. How old is Ike when he moves in with McCaslin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boon's last name?
2. In what type of surface is Sam found lying face-down, unconscious after the battle with Old Ben?
3. Who steals the gold coins that were promised to Ike in his inheritance?
4. Why does Sam believe that Ben will be the new target of Old Ben?
5. Who does Ike believe is the rightful owner of the hunting land that he lives on with McCaslin?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)