|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the convict use to cut the baby's umbilical cord when it is born?
(a) A piece of tin.
(b) A knife.
(c) A scissors.
(d) A sharp rock.
2. Who does Snopes say has Henry's wife money, which is why he cannot return it to her?
3. What type of animal does the convict compare the newborn baby to?
(a) A chick.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A fish.
(d) A snake.
4. According to the court, who is entitled to the body of Eck's dead horse?
5. What caused the massive flood in Louisiana at the time of the convict's transportation?
(a) A hurricane.
(b) Snow melting in the rivers.
(c) A waterfall gone off course.
(d) A levee breaking.
6. How long was the tall convict away from prison before he finally returned?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
7. How does Hipps feel about Mississippi as he drives away after the auction?
(a) He is apathetic to the state as a whole.
(b) He would like to move his family there.
(c) He will continue doing business there.
(d) He will never return there.
8. To whom is the tall convict narrating the story of what happened to him during the weeks he was away from prison?
(a) The warden.
(b) The fat convict.
(c) His diary.
(d) His mother.
9. What does the fat convict claim he grabbed onto in order to save himself when his boat overturned?
(a) A sharp jag of rock.
(b) A fistful of flowers.
(c) A rope.
(d) A low-hanging branch.
10. Which character sarcastically tells the farmers to, "go buy something else that will kill you"?
11. Who swears that they saw Flem Snopes return the Armstid money to Hipps before he skipped town?
(a) Henry Armstid.
(b) Snope's family.
(c) Doctor Varner.
12. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
13. How much does Eck bid on the first horse in the auction?
(a) Eleven dollars.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Eight dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
14. What does Eck's son do to help get the horses ready for the auction?
(a) He waters them.
(b) He exercises them.
(c) He grooms them.
(d) He feeds them.
15. Who is Hipps' partner in moving the horses to Mississippi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the convict use as an oar for the boat when he loses the real one?
2. Where does Henry's wife confront Snopes about the money she is owed from the horse auction?
3. What part of the tall convict is injured when his boat overturns in the water?
4. What color are the uniforms the group of men in Louisiana are wearing, leading the convict to believe they are police officers?
5. To whose home is Henry taken to recover from his injuries, due to the wild horses?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)