|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the cross on the flag that the convict and the refugee board once they leave their island?
2. In what state does Hipps try to sell his wild horses?
3. How much does Eck bid on the first horse in the auction?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) Eleven dollars.
(c) Eight dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
4. What is Eck's expectation when he enters the court to defend himself against Tull?
(a) He has no expectations about the case.
(b) That he will win the case.
(c) That there will be no decision in the case.
(d) That he will lose the case.
5. What does the convict use to cut the baby's umbilical cord when it is born?
(a) A sharp rock.
(b) A scissors.
(c) A piece of tin.
(d) A knife.
6. What do the farmers believe is the biggest benefit of purchasing a Texas horse?
(a) They are strong.
(b) They live long lives.
(c) They are cheap.
(d) They are easily broken.
7. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
8. How does Hipps feel about Mississippi as he drives away after the auction?
(a) He will continue doing business there.
(b) He is apathetic to the state as a whole.
(c) He would like to move his family there.
(d) He will never return there.
9. How do the farmers describe the process of wrangling their horses after the auction to take them home?
10. What does the convict use as an oar for the boat when he loses the real one?
(a) A long stick.
(b) A flagpole.
(c) A rope.
(d) His arm.
11. How do the police officers in Louisiana react when the convict attempts to turn himself in?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They shoot at him.
(c) They laugh at him.
(d) They embrace him.
12. Which of the following events does NOT occur when Eck's wild horse meets Tull's wagon on the street?
(a) Tull's wagon is seriously damaged.
(b) Tull's wife is frightenend.
(c) Tull's son wrestles the horse to the ground.
(d) Tull is severely injured.
13. Who does Snopes say has Henry's wife money, which is why he cannot return it to her?
14. What does Hipps use to restrain the wild horses while he is transporting them to the auction?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Wood beams.
(c) He does not restrain them.
(d) Rope and twine.
15. What does Eck's son do to help get the horses ready for the auction?
(a) He exercises them.
(b) He grooms them.
(c) He waters them.
(d) He feeds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the convict and the refugee pass the first boat on the river, what is the gruff man aboard the boat holding in his hands?
2. What state is Buck Hipps from?
3. Who swears that they saw Flem Snopes return the Armstid money to Hipps before he skipped town?
4. Who does Ratcliff harass, thinking he knows the truth about the origins of the wild horses?
5. Which of the following adjectives does Hipps use to describe the temperament of his wild horses?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)