|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bear, Pages 244 - 301.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the war that ended slavery in the South?
(a) World War One.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War Two.
(d) The Civil War.
2. What sound does the tall convict hear that startles him as he is moving through the camp?
(a) The rushing river.
(b) The rocks tumbling down the mountain.
(c) The silence of nature.
(d) The wind blowing through the trees.
3. Who swears that they saw Flem Snopes return the Armstid money to Hipps before he skipped town?
(a) Snope's family.
(b) Doctor Varner.
(c) Henry Armstid.
4. Which of the following families is considered the most dishonest family in Mississippi by the townsfolk?
(a) The Snopses.
(b) The Hipps.
(c) The Tull.
(d) The Armstids.
5. What is Eck's expectation when he enters the court to defend himself against Tull?
(a) That there will be no decision in the case.
(b) That he will lose the case.
(c) He has no expectations about the case.
(d) That he will win the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Snopes men is constantly compared to an animal?
2. What does Mrs. Littlejohn hit the wild horse over the head with, sending it running back into the streets?
3. Which of the following objects will Old Ben allegedly never cross paths with?
4. How much money does Henry have to his name at the time he purchases his horse?
5. At the time when most Americans settled their land, from where did they transport most of their slaves?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)