|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bear, Pages 244 - 301.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the Cajun man and the convict move on from the small hut near the water?
(a) Because there is going to be another flood.
(b) Because it is going to snow.
(c) Because there is no more hunting.
(d) Because a northerner has bought the land.
2. How old is the young boy when his true name is finally revealed to the readers?
3. How much is the gift worth that Snopes gives to Henry's wife?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A quarter.
4. Which of the following animals does the hunter, Major de Spain, mysteriously lose in the night?
(a) A mare.
(b) A calf.
(c) A colt.
(d) A heiffer.
5. Who does Ike claim profited greatly from the process of buying and selling land?
(a) White settlers.
(c) Indian chiefs.
(d) African slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose job is it to bury the body of Old Ben?
2. What color is the cross on the flag that the convict and the refugee board once they leave their island?
3. How does Hipps feel about Mississippi as he drives away after the auction?
4. How many people did the tall convict kill during his robbery?
5. What part of Henry's body is broken during the wild horse stampede?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)