|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spotted Horses, Pages 63 - 76.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ratcliff claim is directly responsible for the damages the Tull family incurred as a result of the wild horse stampede?
2. Why does Doctor Varner still believe the horses were a good purchase, even though they all got away?
(a) Because they provided good exercise for their owners.
(b) Because they brought him business.
(c) Because they provided a good laugh.
(d) Because they taught the farmers a financial lesson.
3. Which of the following characters is trampled in the wild horse stampede as the farmers attempt to wrangle them after the auction?
4. What does Hipps use to restrain the wild horses while he is transporting them to the auction?
(a) Wood beams.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Rope and twine.
(d) He does not restrain them.
5. Which character sarcastically tells the farmers to, "go buy something else that will kill you"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, of all the farmers, is the only person to question whether or not Hipps is running a scam?
2. What state is Buck Hipps from?
3. Which of the following articles of Mrs. Armstid's clothing is always described as "faded"?
4. What do the farmers believe is the biggest benefit of purchasing a Texas horse?
5. How does Hipps feel about Mississippi as he drives away after the auction?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)