|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bear, Pages 218 - 244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes the judge's mind about how much money Eck owes Tull for his damages?
(a) The fact that Hipps has split town.
(b) The fact that Tull does not blame Eck for the damages.
(c) The fact that Eck has no assets.
(d) The fact that the horse was free.
2. In which case does the judge cite an obscure law in which, "the ownership of a commodity is not transferred unless there is the exchange of some money"?
(a) In the case against Tull.
(b) In the case against Eck.
(c) In the case against Snopes.
(d) In the case against Varner.
3. What color are the uniforms the group of men in Louisiana are wearing, leading the convict to believe they are police officers?
4. How does Eck's horse die?
(a) It is poisoned by the Tull family.
(b) It is shot by a hunter.
(c) It breaks its neck.
(d) It is put to sleep by the court.
5. How does the young boy feel about Boon?
(a) He is entertained by him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He does not respect him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of surface is Sam found lying face-down, unconscious after the battle with Old Ben?
2. How does Tull feel about the verdict handed down by the judge regarding his case against Eck?
3. To whom is the tall convict narrating the story of what happened to him during the weeks he was away from prison?
4. What does the convict want to take aboard the gruff man's boat that is not allowed?
5. Which of the following animals is NOT one that the convict hunts to feed the refugee woman while they are living on their "island"?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)