|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Mason Tarwater spend in the mental institution before his release?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 16 years.
2. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
3. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is shocked.
4. What lie did Mason repeatedly tell Francis about his mother?
(a) That she had abandoned him.
(b) That she was still alive.
(c) That she was a whore.
(d) That she was a Satan worshipper.
5. What does Meeks sell for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Biblical stories does Francis think about after his sexual assault?
2. Who does Francis think is speaking to him when he hears the voice of his "friend" in his ear?
3. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
4. Where did Mason Tarwater die?
5. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rayber agree to take Francis in and take care of him?
2. How does Mason's neighbor, Buford Munson, react when he hears that Mason is dead?
3. How does Bishop die?
4. What conversation does Francis have with Meeks right after Mason dies?
5. How did Francis Tarwater come to live with his great-uncle Mason?
6. How did George Rayber come to live with his uncle, Mason?
7. What is Francis' initial reaction when he meets his cousin, Bishop?
8. Who is Francis' "stranger" who is later referred to as his "friend"?
9. What is Francis' reaction when he figures out that Rayber has followed him to the religious revival?
10. How was Mason Tarwater buried?
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)