|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rayber's reaction when he realizes Bishop is dead?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is apathetic.
2. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
3. Where does the first truck driver tell Francis he belongs when he drops him off at the side of the road?
(a) The Booby Hatch.
(b) The Nut House.
(c) The Loonie Bin.
(d) The Crazy Shack.
4. What weapon did Mason pull on Rayber when he came to collect Francis after the kidnapping?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rock.
(d) A gun.
5. Why does Lucette ask congregation members for money at the Powderhead Congregational Church?
(a) To pay for Mason's funeral.
(b) To fund a militia.
(c) To pay for her surgery.
(d) For missionary work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Francis think is speaking to him when he hears the voice of his "friend" in his ear?
2. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
3. What does Francis dream about when he falls asleep in the truck driver's cab on his way back to the farm?
4. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
5. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Rayber go deaf?
2. How did Francis Tarwater come to live with his great-uncle Mason?
3. What type of interaction does Francis have with the second driver that picks him up from the side of the road?
4. What is Francis' reaction when he figures out that Rayber has followed him to the religious revival?
5. What conversation does Francis have with Meeks right after Mason dies?
6. What events lead up to Francis vomiting in a lake?
7. How does Bishop die?
8. What type of interaction does Francis have with the first truck driver that picks him up from the side of the road?
9. How does Francis prove his difficult nature to Rayber after moving in with him?
10. How does Francis rebel against Mason after his death?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)