|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) An ice cream bar.
(c) A cookie.
(d) An orange.
2. How old is Francis when Mason Tarwater dies?
3. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
4. What does George Rayber do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a pastor.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is Rayber overcome with when he stoops down to tie Bishop's shoelaces at the Science Museum?
2. What does Meeks sell for a living?
3. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
4. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
5. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francis Tarwater come to live with his great-uncle Mason?
2. What type of interaction does Francis have with the second driver that picks him up from the side of the road?
3. How did George Rayber come to live with his uncle, Mason?
4. Who is Francis' "stranger" who is later referred to as his "friend"?
5. How was Mason Tarwater buried?
6. What conversation does Francis have with Meeks right after Mason dies?
7. How does Francis prove his difficult nature to Rayber after moving in with him?
8. What event at the science museum jars Rayber into remembering his own religious childhood?
9. How does Mason's neighbor, Buford Munson, react when he hears that Mason is dead?
10. What is Francis' reaction when he figures out that Rayber has followed him to the religious revival?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)