|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls from the roof of the house, cutting Motes' face?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A board.
(c) An icicle.
(d) A rock.
2. How is Motes' car destroyed?
(a) It is blown up.
(b) It is smashed in a crash.
(c) It is pushed over a cliff.
(d) It is set on fire by an arsonist.
3. How old is Enoch Emory?
4. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 9:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
5. Where did Motes' family disappear off to before he arrived home?
(a) To see the mountains in Colorado.
(b) To visit relatives in Michigan.
(c) Motes doesn't know where his family went.
(d) To find work in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Motes kill Shoals?
2. What is the name of Motes' hometown?
3. How does Hazel Motes travel home after his stint in the military?
4. Which of the following items does Motes watch a demonstration of in the streets?
5. What does Emory do with his own clothes while he is wearing the Gonga outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
2. How does Solace Layfield die?
3. What state is Motes' house in when he returns home from the army?
4. How does Emory get his revenge on Gongo the Gorilla?
5. Who is Gongo the Gorilla?
6. Where does Motes first meet Sabbath Hawks?
7. From where does Motes purchase his new car?
8. What story does Sabbath tell Motes about her childhood that makes him pity her?
9. What does fellow street preacher Hoover Shoats do that affects the following in Moats' congregation?
10. What was Motes' reaction when he was drafted to the army?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)