|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emory believe is his "special mystery"?
(a) A flower.
(b) A mummy.
(c) An old manuscript.
(d) An octopus.
2. Which character believes that he has "Wise Blood"?
(a) Hazel Motes.
(b) Sabbath Hawks.
(c) Asa Hawks.
(d) Enoch Emory.
3. What type of car does Motes buy in Taulkinham?
(a) An Oldsmobile.
(b) A Lincoln.
(c) An Essex.
(d) A Cadillac.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Miss Wally Bee Hitchcock?
5. What topic of conversation arises right before Motes dies that forces him to leave the house, swearing he will never return?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnesses the light leaving Motes' eyes right before he dies?
2. As a young boy, what did Motes want to be when he grew up?
3. What is the only item of furniture left in Motes' home when he arrives there?
4. What crew member does Motes speak to at length during his ride home after serving in the military?
5. Why does the pitchman become angry with the young girl accompanying the blind preacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Motes' reaction when he was drafted to the army?
2. What does fellow street preacher Hoover Shoats do that affects the following in Moats' congregation?
3. Where does Motes first meet Sabbath Hawks?
4. Who is Mrs. Watts?
5. What state is Motes' house in when he returns home from the army?
6. Who is Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
7. From where does Motes purchase his new car?
8. What obsessive acts does Enoch Emory engage in to feel closer to mankind?
9. Who is Mrs. Flood, and what is her relationship to Moats?
10. What does Enoch Emory believe is his "secret mystery"?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)