|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
2. Where does Motes' actually die?
(a) In his bed.
(b) In the police car.
(c) It is unknown where Motes dies.
(d) In the hospital.
3. How does Motes feel about the blind preacher's religious style?
(a) He is apathetic to it.
(b) He is in awe of it.
(c) He does not approve of it.
(d) He is confused by it.
4. How long did Hazel Motes spend in the military before returning home?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. Where does Enoch Emory work?
(a) At the pool.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Motes feel when Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock starts a conversation with him?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the sleeping berth where Motes sleeps on his way home from the military?
3. Which of the following subjects does Motes dream about on his way home from the military?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT a street preacher?
5. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Motes' first impression of Enoch Emory?
2. What is the aftermath of Layfield's death on Moat's life?
3. How does Emory get his revenge on Gongo the Gorilla?
4. What state is Motes' house in when he returns home from the army?
5. From where does Motes purchase his new car?
6. What was Motes' reaction when he was drafted to the army?
7. How does Solace Layfield die?
8. Who is Gongo the Gorilla?
9. Who is Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
10. What is Motes' initial reaction to the town of Taulkinham?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)