|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic of conversation arises right before Motes dies that forces him to leave the house, swearing he will never return?
2. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 am.
(c) 4:00 am.
(d) 4:00 pm.
3. Where does Enoch Emory work?
(a) At the museum.
(b) At the pool.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the library.
4. Who wrote a letter threatening death to whomever tried to steal the furniture in the house?
(a) Motes' mother.
(b) Motes' brother.
(c) Motes' sister.
(d) Motes' father.
5. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
(a) Mrs. Howe.
(b) Mrs. Flood.
(c) Mrs. Hatchet.
(d) Mrs. Gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
2. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
3. How does Emory get the Gonga suit from its owner?
4. What is the one question Hazel Motes asks Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
5. What does Emory do with his own clothes while he is wearing the Gonga outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Solace Layfield die?
2. What obsessive acts does Enoch Emory engage in to feel closer to mankind?
3. What was Motes' reaction when he was drafted to the army?
4. What story does Sabbath tell Motes about her childhood that makes him pity her?
5. How does Emory get his revenge on Gongo the Gorilla?
6. Who is Mrs. Flood, and what is her relationship to Moats?
7. Who is Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
8. Who is Asa Hawks?
9. Who is Mrs. Watts?
10. What state is Motes' house in when he returns home from the army?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)