|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mason try to kidnap Reyber's son, Bishop?
(a) To sacrifice him.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To baptize him.
(d) To worship him.
2. What crime had Mason committed leading to his incarceration in the mental institution?
3. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his sandwich.
(b) In his drink.
(c) In his cigarette.
(d) In his ice cream.
4. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(b) The Potawatame Lodge.
(c) The Navajo Lodge.
(d) The Cherokee Lodge.
5. Where did Mason leave Rayber when he was a boy, to prove that God would provide for him?
(a) In a corn field.
(b) On a fishing boat.
(c) In a cave in the mountains.
(d) In the desert.
6. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
(a) His parents.
(b) His faith.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His hat.
7. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
(a) That Francis is his son.
(b) That Francis is an orphan.
(c) That Francis is a world class fisherman.
(d) That Francis is a prophet.
8. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Francis' behavior while he is living with Rayber?
9. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
(a) To save their water for the cattle, who need it.
(b) Because they don't recognize him.
(c) Because they don't have any fresh water on their farm.
(d) To punish him for burning down the house.
10. When Francis leaves the woods for the last time, what does he promise himself that he will do with his life?
(a) Become a school teacher.
(b) Become a prophet.
(c) Become a father.
(d) Become an astronaut.
11. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
12. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) All of the above.
(b) His clothes are on backward.
(c) His hands are tied together.
(d) He is in pain.
13. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
14. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
15. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Mason's body.
(c) The house.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis react when Rayber tells him that he considered drowning Bishop when he was born?
2. When Francis arrives at Rayber's front door, what does he say happened to Mason's body?
3. Why does Buford Munson bury Francis when he finds him, passed out drunk?
4. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
5. How old was George Rayber when Mason kidnapped him?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)