|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
2. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Navajo Lodge.
(b) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(c) The Potawatame Lodge.
(d) The Cherokee Lodge.
3. What type of bushes completely overtook Mason's house and yard?
(a) Strawberry bushes.
(b) Blackberry bushes.
(c) Raspberry bushes.
(d) Poison ivy bushes.
4. Where did Mason Tarwater die?
(a) Tending to his cotton fields.
(b) Sleeping in his bed.
(c) Reading a newspaper on the porch.
(d) At the breakfast table.
5. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
6. What is Rayber's reaction when he realizes Bishop is dead?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is apathetic.
7. How old was George Rayber when Mason kidnapped him?
(a) He was a child.
(b) He was a toddler.
(c) He was an infant.
(d) He was a teenager.
8. Why does Buford Munson bury Francis when he finds him, passed out drunk?
(a) Because he thinks the boy is dead.
(b) To teach him a lesson about drinking.
(c) To protect him from the dogs.
(d) Because he thinks the boy stole his alcohol.
9. Why did Rayber's wife leave him?
(a) Because she fell in love with someone else.
(b) Beacuse she couldn't cope with their son's disability.
(c) Because Rayber abused her.
(d) Because she joined the circus.
10. How was George Rayber related to Francis' Tarwater's mother?
(a) They were not related.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were married.
(d) They were siblings.
11. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
(a) He drives a lavender-colored car.
(b) He drinks whiskey.
(c) He wears a Panama hat.
(d) He doesn't wear shoes.
12. According to Meeks, what does H.L.L stand for?
(a) Heaven Listens Last.
(b) Help Lead Love.
(c) Hold Love Longingly.
(d) Hard Lessons Learned.
13. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
14. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
15. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
(a) He sets them on fire.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He is confused about how to wear them?
(d) He refuses to try them on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
2. Where does Francis drown Bishop?
3. Which of the following characters believed himself to be a prophet at some point in his life?
4. What does George Rayber do for a living?
5. When Francis arrives at Rayber's front door, what does he say happened to Mason's body?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)