|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his cigarette.
(b) In his drink.
(c) In his ice cream.
(d) In his sandwich.
2. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) His clothes.
(b) The woods.
(c) Mason's body.
(d) The house.
3. Where did Mason leave Rayber when he was a boy, to prove that God would provide for him?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a corn field.
(c) On a fishing boat.
(d) In a cave in the mountains.
4. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) His hands are tied together.
(b) He is in pain.
(c) All of the above.
(d) His clothes are on backward.
5. What is Rayber's reaction when he realizes Bishop is dead?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is confused.
6. Which of the following Biblical stories does Francis think about after his sexual assault?
(a) Leading the lamb to the slaughter.
(b) Jonah being swallowed into the belly of a whale.
(c) The creation of man and animals.
(d) Feeding the multitude with bread and fish.
7. What does Meeks sell for a living?
8. Why did Mason kidnap Francis?
(a) To save his soul
(b) To get back at Rayber.
(c) To carry on his legacy.
(d) All of the above.
9. How old was George Rayber when Mason kidnapped him?
(a) He was a child.
(b) He was an infant.
(c) He was a teenager.
(d) He was a toddler.
10. Where did Mason Tarwater die?
(a) Tending to his cotton fields.
(b) Sleeping in his bed.
(c) Reading a newspaper on the porch.
(d) At the breakfast table.
11. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
12. What does George Rayber do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a pastor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a teacher.
13. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is shocked.
14. Which of the following activities does Francis refuse to do while he is living with Rayber?
15. When Francis leaves the woods for the last time, what does he promise himself that he will do with his life?
(a) Become a prophet.
(b) Become a father.
(c) Become a school teacher.
(d) Become an astronaut.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Meeks, what does H.L.L stand for?
2. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
3. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
4. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
5. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)