|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She was a hair stylist.
(c) She was a social worker.
(d) She was a journalist.
2. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
3. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
(a) His parents.
(b) His hat.
(c) His faith.
(d) His wallet.
4. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(b) The Cherokee Lodge.
(c) The Navajo Lodge.
(d) The Potawatame Lodge.
5. Where does Francis drown Bishop?
(a) In the lake.
(b) In the bathtub.
(c) In the swimming pool.
(d) In the dishwater.
6. To what animal does Francis compare Rayber's son, Bishop?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A canary.
7. Why did Mason try to kidnap Reyber's son, Bishop?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To worship him.
(c) To baptize him.
(d) To sacrifice him.
8. How was George Rayber related to Francis' Tarwater's mother?
(a) They were married.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were siblings.
(d) They were not related.
9. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
10. Where does the first truck driver tell Francis he belongs when he drops him off at the side of the road?
(a) The Booby Hatch.
(b) The Crazy Shack.
(c) The Loonie Bin.
(d) The Nut House.
11. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) He is in pain.
(b) His hands are tied together.
(c) His clothes are on backward.
(d) All of the above.
12. What type of bushes completely overtook Mason's house and yard?
(a) Raspberry bushes.
(b) Poison ivy bushes.
(c) Blackberry bushes.
(d) Strawberry bushes.
13. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
14. When Francis arrives at Rayber's front door, what does he say happened to Mason's body?
(a) It disappeared.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was eaten by wild animals.
(d) It fell into a well.
15. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of establishment did Mason live when he was not in the mental institution?
2. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
3. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
4. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
5. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)