|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A glass of water.
(c) A pot of water.
(d) A bowl of water.
2. How does Francis react when Rayber tells him that he considered drowning Bishop when he was born?
(a) He vomits.
(b) He cries.
(c) He cheers.
(d) He prays.
3. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) All of the above.
(b) He is in pain.
(c) His clothes are on backward.
(d) His hands are tied together.
4. How old was George Rayber when Mason kidnapped him?
(a) He was a teenager.
(b) He was a toddler.
(c) He was an infant.
(d) He was a child.
5. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
(a) That Francis is an orphan.
(b) That Francis is a prophet.
(c) That Francis is a world class fisherman.
(d) That Francis is his son.
6. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
(a) Rye beer.
7. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
(a) Bernice Bishop.
(b) George Rayber.
(c) Mason Tarwater.
(d) Francis Tarwater.
8. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
(a) A cookie.
(b) An ice cream bar.
(c) An orange.
(d) A sandwich.
9. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
10. What part of Rayber's body was irrevocably damaged during his altercation with Mason about Francis' kidnapping?
(a) His legs.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His hands.
(d) His ears.
11. In what type of establishment did Mason live when he was not in the mental institution?
(a) An apartment complex.
(b) A farm.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A large house with a pool.
12. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) Mason's body.
(b) The woods.
(c) The house.
(d) His clothes.
13. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is terrified.
14. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Cherokee Lodge.
(b) The Navajo Lodge.
(c) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(d) The Potawatame Lodge.
15. What is Rayber's reaction when he realizes Bishop is dead?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon did Mason pull on Rayber when he came to collect Francis after the kidnapping?
2. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
3. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
4. How does Francis react to Rayber's offer to let him baptize Bishop?
5. What does Francis tell Rayber he will do with Bishop before he kills him?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)