|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
2. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) His clothes are on backward.
(b) His hands are tied together.
(c) All of the above.
(d) He is in pain.
3. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) His clothes.
(b) The woods.
(c) Mason's body.
(d) The house.
4. What emotion is Rayber overcome with when he stoops down to tie Bishop's shoelaces at the Science Museum?
5. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
6. What does Francis tell Rayber he will do with Bishop before he kills him?
(a) Put him to sleep.
(b) Baptize him.
(c) Take care of him.
(d) Give him rest.
7. Why did Mason kidnap Francis?
(a) To get back at Rayber.
(b) To carry on his legacy.
(c) All of the above.
(d) To save his soul
8. Where did Mason leave Rayber when he was a boy, to prove that God would provide for him?
(a) In a cave in the mountains.
(b) In the desert.
(c) On a fishing boat.
(d) In a corn field.
9. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
(a) He wears a Panama hat.
(b) He doesn't wear shoes.
(c) He drinks whiskey.
(d) He drives a lavender-colored car.
10. When Francis leaves the woods for the last time, what does he promise himself that he will do with his life?
(a) Become an astronaut.
(b) Become a prophet.
(c) Become a school teacher.
(d) Become a father.
11. What crime had Mason committed leading to his incarceration in the mental institution?
12. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his drink.
(b) In his ice cream.
(c) In his cigarette.
(d) In his sandwich.
13. Why did Rayber's wife leave him?
(a) Beacuse she couldn't cope with their son's disability.
(b) Because she joined the circus.
(c) Because she fell in love with someone else.
(d) Because Rayber abused her.
14. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
15. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
(a) He refuses to try them on.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He is confused about how to wear them?
(d) He sets them on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Mason Tarwater spend in the mental institution before his release?
2. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
3. What does Meeks sell for a living?
4. To what animal does Francis compare Rayber's son, Bishop?
5. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)