|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
(a) To save their water for the cattle, who need it.
(b) Because they don't recognize him.
(c) To punish him for burning down the house.
(d) Because they don't have any fresh water on their farm.
2. What lie did Mason repeatedly tell Francis about his mother?
(a) That she was a whore.
(b) That she was still alive.
(c) That she had abandoned him.
(d) That she was a Satan worshipper.
3. What emotion is Rayber overcome with when he stoops down to tie Bishop's shoelaces at the Science Museum?
4. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
(a) Four days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
5. Where did Mason Tarwater die?
(a) At the breakfast table.
(b) Tending to his cotton fields.
(c) Sleeping in his bed.
(d) Reading a newspaper on the porch.
6. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
7. Why does Lucette ask congregation members for money at the Powderhead Congregational Church?
(a) To pay for Mason's funeral.
(b) To pay for her surgery.
(c) To fund a militia.
(d) For missionary work.
8. How old is Francis when Mason Tarwater dies?
9. In what type of establishment did Mason live when he was not in the mental institution?
(a) A large house with a pool.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An apartment complex.
(d) A farm.
10. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His brother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. Who buried Mason's body?
(a) Mason's body was never recovered.
(b) Buford Munson.
(c) George Rayber.
(d) Francis Tarwater.
12. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is shocked.
13. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A cookie.
(c) An ice cream bar.
(d) An orange.
14. What type of bushes completely overtook Mason's house and yard?
(a) Poison ivy bushes.
(b) Strawberry bushes.
(c) Blackberry bushes.
(d) Raspberry bushes.
15. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his ice cream.
(b) In his drink.
(c) In his sandwich.
(d) In his cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters believed himself to be a prophet at some point in his life?
2. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
3. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
4. How old was George Rayber when Mason kidnapped him?
5. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)