|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
(a) She was a journalist.
(b) She was a social worker.
(c) She was a hair stylist.
(d) She was an actress.
2. What does George Rayber do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a pastor.
(d) He is a teacher.
3. What crime had Mason committed leading to his incarceration in the mental institution?
4. How does Francis react when Rayber tells him that he considered drowning Bishop when he was born?
(a) He cheers.
(b) He prays.
(c) He cries.
(d) He vomits.
5. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
6. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
7. When Francis leaves the woods for the last time, what does he promise himself that he will do with his life?
(a) Become an astronaut.
(b) Become a school teacher.
(c) Become a prophet.
(d) Become a father.
8. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is relieved.
9. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Potawatame Lodge.
(b) The Cherokee Lodge.
(c) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(d) The Navajo Lodge.
10. How old is Francis when Mason Tarwater dies?
11. Which of the following Biblical stories does Francis think about after his sexual assault?
(a) Jonah being swallowed into the belly of a whale.
(b) The creation of man and animals.
(c) Leading the lamb to the slaughter.
(d) Feeding the multitude with bread and fish.
12. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
13. Which of the following characters believed himself to be a prophet at some point in his life?
(a) George Rayber.
(b) Mason Tarwater.
(c) Francis Tarwater.
(d) All of the above.
14. Which of the following activities does Francis refuse to do while he is living with Rayber?
15. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A bowl of water.
(c) A pot of water.
(d) A bottle of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis react to Rayber's offer to let him baptize Bishop?
2. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
3. Who buried Mason's body?
4. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
5. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)