|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mason kidnap Francis?
(a) All of the above.
(b) To carry on his legacy.
(c) To save his soul
(d) To get back at Rayber.
2. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
(a) She was a hair stylist.
(b) She was a social worker.
(c) She was a journalist.
(d) She was an actress.
3. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
(a) A bowl of water.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) A pot of water.
(d) A glass of water.
4. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
(a) Bernice Bishop.
(b) Mason Tarwater.
(c) Francis Tarwater.
(d) George Rayber.
5. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
6. What does George Rayber do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a pastor.
(d) He is a teacher.
7. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
8. Why did Rayber's wife leave him?
(a) Because she joined the circus.
(b) Because Rayber abused her.
(c) Beacuse she couldn't cope with their son's disability.
(d) Because she fell in love with someone else.
9. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Francis' behavior while he is living with Rayber?
10. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
(c) Rye beer.
11. What does Francis tell Rayber he will do with Bishop before he kills him?
(a) Baptize him.
(b) Put him to sleep.
(c) Take care of him.
(d) Give him rest.
12. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
13. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) The woods.
(b) His clothes.
(c) Mason's body.
(d) The house.
14. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Potawatame Lodge.
(b) The Cherokee Lodge.
(c) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(d) The Navajo Lodge.
15. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his sandwich.
(b) In his ice cream.
(c) In his drink.
(d) In his cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
2. How was George Rayber related to Francis' Tarwater's mother?
3. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
4. Which of the following characters believed himself to be a prophet at some point in his life?
5. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)