|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He is confused about how to wear them?
(c) He sets them on fire.
(d) He refuses to try them on.
2. What is Francis' first impression of Rayber?
(a) That he is a wimp.
(b) That he is a prophet.
(c) That he is a kind man.
(d) That he is a heathen.
3. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
4. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
(a) That Francis is his son.
(b) That Francis is a world class fisherman.
(c) That Francis is a prophet.
(d) That Francis is an orphan.
5. Which of the following activities does Francis refuse to do while he is living with Rayber?
6. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) His hands are tied together.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He is in pain.
(d) His clothes are on backward.
7. What weapon did Mason pull on Rayber when he came to collect Francis after the kidnapping?
(a) A rock.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A slingshot.
8. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
(a) A glass of water.
(b) A pot of water.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A bowl of water.
9. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) An ice cream bar.
(c) An orange.
(d) A cookie.
10. What does Francis tell Rayber he will do with Bishop before he kills him?
(a) Put him to sleep.
(b) Take care of him.
(c) Give him rest.
(d) Baptize him.
11. Why does Buford Munson bury Francis when he finds him, passed out drunk?
(a) Because he thinks the boy is dead.
(b) To teach him a lesson about drinking.
(c) To protect him from the dogs.
(d) Because he thinks the boy stole his alcohol.
12. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is apathetic.
13. What emotion is Rayber overcome with when he stoops down to tie Bishop's shoelaces at the Science Museum?
14. What part of Rayber's body was irrevocably damaged during his altercation with Mason about Francis' kidnapping?
(a) His legs.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His ears.
(d) His hands.
15. Why does Lucette ask congregation members for money at the Powderhead Congregational Church?
(a) To pay for Mason's funeral.
(b) For missionary work.
(c) To fund a militia.
(d) To pay for her surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mason leave Rayber when he was a boy, to prove that God would provide for him?
2. According to Meeks, what does H.L.L stand for?
3. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Francis' behavior while he is living with Rayber?
5. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)