|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Francis' behavior while he is living with Rayber?
2. What does Francis tell Rayber he will do with Bishop before he kills him?
(a) Take care of him.
(b) Put him to sleep.
(c) Baptize him.
(d) Give him rest.
3. How long did Mason Tarwater spend in the mental institution before his release?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
4. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His faith.
(c) His parents.
(d) His hat.
5. To what animal does Francis compare Rayber's son, Bishop?
(a) A ferret.
(b) A canary.
(c) A dog.
(d) A gorilla.
6. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is angry.
7. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
(a) Because they don't have any fresh water on their farm.
(b) Because they don't recognize him.
(c) To punish him for burning down the house.
(d) To save their water for the cattle, who need it.
8. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
9. What does Meeks sell for a living?
10. Which of the following Biblical stories does Francis think about after his sexual assault?
(a) Jonah being swallowed into the belly of a whale.
(b) Leading the lamb to the slaughter.
(c) The creation of man and animals.
(d) Feeding the multitude with bread and fish.
11. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
(a) Francis Tarwater.
(b) Bernice Bishop.
(c) Mason Tarwater.
(d) George Rayber.
12. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is saddened.
13. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
(c) Rye beer.
14. How does the man who attacks Francis slip him drugs?
(a) In his drink.
(b) In his cigarette.
(c) In his ice cream.
(d) In his sandwich.
15. Where does the first truck driver tell Francis he belongs when he drops him off at the side of the road?
(a) The Nut House.
(b) The Loonie Bin.
(c) The Booby Hatch.
(d) The Crazy Shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Rayber give to Francis during their fishing trip?
2. Why did Rayber's wife leave him?
3. How was George Rayber related to Francis' Tarwater's mother?
4. Which of the following activities does Francis refuse to do while he is living with Rayber?
5. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)