Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) The woods.
(b) The house.
(c) His clothes.
(d) Mason's body.
2. Why won't Mason's neighbors give Francis a drink of water when he requests one from them?
(a) To save their water for the cattle, who need it.
(b) Because they don't recognize him.
(c) To punish him for burning down the house.
(d) Because they don't have any fresh water on their farm.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Francis' behavior while he is living with Rayber?
4. How does Francis react when Mason brings him new, clean clothes to wear?
(a) He refuses to try them on.
(b) He is confused about how to wear them?
(c) He sets them on fire.
(d) He begins to cry.
5. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
(a) He wears a Panama hat.
(b) He doesn't wear shoes.
(c) He drives a lavender-colored car.
(d) He drinks whiskey.
6. Which of the following activities does Francis refuse to do while he is living with Rayber?
7. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
8. What does Francis dream about when he falls asleep in the truck driver's cab on his way back to the farm?
(a) His uncle's corpse.
(c) Drowning Bishop.
(d) His mother's smile.
9. How long did Mason Tarwater spend in the mental institution before his release?
(a) 16 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 8 years.
10. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
(a) The Cherokee Lodge.
(b) The Blackfoot Lodge.
(c) The Navajo Lodge.
(d) The Potawatame Lodge.
11. What is Francis' first impression of Rayber?
(a) That he is a prophet.
(b) That he is a kind man.
(c) That he is a wimp.
(d) That he is a heathen.
12. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is terrified.
13. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
14. How does Francis react when Rayber tells him that he considered drowning Bishop when he was born?
(a) He cheers.
(b) He prays.
(c) He cries.
(d) He vomits.
15. When Francis arrives at Rayber's front door, what does he say happened to Mason's body?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It fell into a well.
(c) It disappeared.
(d) It was eaten by wild animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucette ask congregation members for money at the Powderhead Congregational Church?
2. Which of the following characters believed himself to be a prophet at some point in his life?
3. What did Rayber's wife, Bernice, do for a living?
4. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
5. What does Rayber give Francis in case he should want to baptize Bishop over dinner?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)