|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Miss Wally Bee Hitchcock?
2. Which type of truck does Motes hitch a ride from to get from Melsey to his hometown?
(a) A seed truck.
(b) A fire truck.
(c) A garbage truck.
(d) A pickup truck.
3. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
(a) 4:00 am.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 4:00 pm.
(d) 9:00 am.
4. What does Emory believe is his "special mystery"?
(a) A flower.
(b) An old manuscript.
(c) A mummy.
(d) An octopus.
5. What does Motes use to blind himself?
(a) Hot coals.
(b) A slingshot.
(d) A spoon.
6. What branch of the military did Hazel Motes serve in?
(a) The air force.
(b) The army.
(c) The marines.
(d) The navy.
7. How does Motes kill Shoals?
(a) He runs him over with his car.
(b) He poisons him with arsenic.
(c) He stabs him in the back.
(d) He punches him in the neck.
8. Where is Sabbath's mother?
(a) Sabbath has never known her mother.
(b) She is in an insane asylum.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is working in Uganda.
9. Who collects Motes' government checks after he blinds himself?
(a) Mrs. Watts.
(c) Asa Hawks.
10. What type of animal is Gonga?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A goat.
(d) A gorilla.
11. What does Motes light on fire as he travels through his abandoned house?
12. How is Sabbath related to Asa?
(a) Asa is her brother.
(b) Asa is her son.
(c) Asa is her father.
(d) Asa is her uncle.
13. Where did Motes' family disappear off to before he arrived home?
(a) To find work in Mexico.
(b) Motes doesn't know where his family went.
(c) To see the mountains in Colorado.
(d) To visit relatives in Michigan.
14. What is the name of the church that Motes preaches for?
(a) The Church without Communion.
(b) The Church without Christ.
(c) The Church without Love.
(d) The Church without Sin.
15. Where does Enoch Emory work?
(a) At the museum.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the pool.
(d) At the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hazel Motes travel home after his stint in the military?
2. Where is Motes' body found by two policemen shortly before his death?
3. Which character believes that he has "Wise Blood"?
4. How old is Enoch Emory?
5. On his first night back at home, where does Motes sleep?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)