|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Motes' hometown?
2. In what state did Motes grow up?
(a) New Mexico.
3. How does Emory get the Gonga suit from its owner?
(a) He stabs the owner.
(b) He asks to borrow it from the owner.
(c) He steals it while the owner is sleeping.
(d) He purchases it from the owner.
4. As a young boy, what did Motes want to be when he grew up?
(a) A race car driver.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A preacher.
5. How is Motes' car destroyed?
(a) It is set on fire by an arsonist.
(b) It is smashed in a crash.
(c) It is blown up.
(d) It is pushed over a cliff.
6. How does Motes feel about the blind preacher's religious style?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is in awe of it.
(c) He does not approve of it.
(d) He is apathetic to it.
7. Who witnesses the light leaving Motes' eyes right before he dies?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His business partner.
(d) His girlfriend.
8. Who wrote a letter threatening death to whomever tried to steal the furniture in the house?
(a) Motes' mother.
(b) Motes' father.
(c) Motes' sister.
(d) Motes' brother.
9. Which of his mother's possessions did Motes bring with him when he joined the military?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Her diary.
10. On his first night back at home, where does Motes sleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the basement.
11. What is all over the porch floor when Motes arrives home?
12. What is the one word Enoch Emory uses to describe Taulkinham?
13. Outside which building does Motes typically preach his sermons?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The library.
(c) The elementary school.
(d) The cathedral.
14. Who collects Motes' government checks after he blinds himself?
(a) Asa Hawks.
(c) Mrs. Watts.
15. Where did Motes' family disappear off to before he arrived home?
(a) To see the mountains in Colorado.
(b) Motes doesn't know where his family went.
(c) To visit relatives in Michigan.
(d) To find work in Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Motes have to wait for the train to reach Taulkinham?
2. What is the one question Hazel Motes asks Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
3. What did Motes' grandfather do for a living when he was still alive?
4. What does Mrs. Watts do for a living?
5. How is Sabbath related to Asa?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)