|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
2. What is the name of the church that Motes preaches for?
(a) The Church without Communion.
(b) The Church without Christ.
(c) The Church without Love.
(d) The Church without Sin.
3. On his first night back at home, where does Motes sleep?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the bedroom.
4. How does Motes kill Shoals?
(a) He stabs him in the back.
(b) He punches him in the neck.
(c) He runs him over with his car.
(d) He poisons him with arsenic.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the sleeping berth where Motes sleeps on his way home from the military?
6. How does Motes feel about the blind preacher's religious style?
(a) He is in awe of it.
(b) He does not approve of it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is apathetic to it.
7. How old is Enoch Emory?
8. How is Motes' car destroyed?
(a) It is pushed over a cliff.
(b) It is set on fire by an arsonist.
(c) It is blown up.
(d) It is smashed in a crash.
9. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
(a) 9:00 am.
(b) 4:00 am.
(c) 9:00 pm.
(d) 4:00 pm.
10. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
(a) Mrs. Gold.
(b) Mrs. Howe.
(c) Mrs. Flood.
(d) Mrs. Hatchet.
11. How long has it been since Motes drove a car before purchasing his new car in Taulkinham?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Motes has never driven a car.
(d) Two years.
12. Where does Motes' actually die?
(a) It is unknown where Motes dies.
(b) In the police car.
(c) In his bed.
(d) In the hospital.
13. Which character believes that he has "Wise Blood"?
(a) Hazel Motes.
(b) Sabbath Hawks.
(c) Asa Hawks.
(d) Enoch Emory.
14. What does Mrs. Watts do for a living?
(a) She is a police officer.
(b) She is an exotic dancer.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She is a drug dealer.
15. As a young boy, what did Motes want to be when he grew up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A race car driver.
(d) A preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Motes light on fire as he travels through his abandoned house?
2. How is Sabbath related to Asa?
3. What does Enoch Emory believe is "the new Jesus"?
4. Who wrote a letter threatening death to whomever tried to steal the furniture in the house?
5. How does Motes feel when Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock starts a conversation with him?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)