|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Motes' body found by two policemen shortly before his death?
(a) In a ditch.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) In the cemetary.
(d) In the river.
2. Which of the following subjects does Motes dream about on his way home from the military?
(a) His mother's singing.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) His sister's garden.
(d) His brother's house.
3. How long did Hazel Motes spend in the military before returning home?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 years.
4. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
5. Where is Sabbath's mother?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is in an insane asylum.
(c) She is working in Uganda.
(d) Sabbath has never known her mother.
6. Which type of truck does Motes hitch a ride from to get from Melsey to his hometown?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A fire truck.
(c) A garbage truck.
(d) A seed truck.
7. What type of car does Motes buy in Taulkinham?
(a) An Essex.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Lincoln.
(d) An Oldsmobile.
8. What is all over the porch floor when Motes arrives home?
9. On his first night back at home, where does Motes sleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the basement.
10. Which of the following items does Motes watch a demonstration of in the streets?
(a) A rice steamer.
(b) A potato peeler.
(c) An apple slicer.
(d) An orange juicer.
11. Where does Enoch Emory work?
(a) At the pool.
(b) At the library.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the museum.
12. Which of the following items is NOT advertised for in neon lights in the city of Taulkinham?
(a) Peanut vendors.
(b) Taxi service.
(c) Money transfers.
(d) Shoe shiners.
13. What type of animal is Gonga?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A goat.
(c) A gerbil.
(d) A gorilla.
14. What falls from the roof of the house, cutting Motes' face?
(a) An icicle.
(b) A rock.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A board.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes the sleeping berth where Motes sleeps on his way home from the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Sabbath related to Asa?
2. What is the name of the church that Motes preaches for?
3. How long did Motes have to wait for the train to reach Taulkinham?
4. In what state did Motes grow up?
5. Outside which building does Motes typically preach his sermons?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)