|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character believes that he has "Wise Blood"?
(a) Sabbath Hawks.
(b) Hazel Motes.
(c) Enoch Emory.
(d) Asa Hawks.
2. How is Sabbath related to Asa?
(a) Asa is her brother.
(b) Asa is her father.
(c) Asa is her son.
(d) Asa is her uncle.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT a street preacher?
(a) Hoover Shoats.
(b) Enoch Emory.
(c) Onnie Jay
(d) Hazel Moats.
4. How does Emory get the Gonga suit from its owner?
(a) He steals it while the owner is sleeping.
(b) He purchases it from the owner.
(c) He asks to borrow it from the owner.
(d) He stabs the owner.
5. What did Motes' grandfather do for a living when he was still alive?
(a) He was a preacher.
(b) He was a bartender.
(c) He was a professional athlete.
(d) He was a mechanic.
6. Which of his mother's possessions did Motes bring with him when he joined the military?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her diary.
(c) Her wedding ring.
(d) Her handkerchief.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes the sleeping berth where Motes sleeps on his way home from the military?
8. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
9. How long has it been since Motes drove a car before purchasing his new car in Taulkinham?
(a) Five years.
(b) Motes has never driven a car.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
10. Which of the following subjects does Motes dream about on his way home from the military?
(a) His mother's singing.
(b) His father's funeral.
(c) His sister's garden.
(d) His brother's house.
11. In what state did Motes grow up?
(a) New Mexico.
12. What is the name of Motes' hometown?
13. How is Motes' car destroyed?
(a) It is set on fire by an arsonist.
(b) It is smashed in a crash.
(c) It is pushed over a cliff.
(d) It is blown up.
14. Who witnesses the light leaving Motes' eyes right before he dies?
(a) His business partner.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His landlady.
15. How long did Hazel Motes spend in the military before returning home?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 4 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is Gonga?
2. What is the one question Hazel Motes asks Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
3. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
4. Who wrote a letter threatening death to whomever tried to steal the furniture in the house?
5. What does Motes fill his shoes with as penance for sins?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)