|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everything That Rises Must Converge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Motes' landlady at the end of the story?
(a) Mrs. Gold.
(b) Mrs. Flood.
(c) Mrs. Howe.
(d) Mrs. Hatchet.
2. Who does Francis think is speaking to him when he hears the voice of his "friend" in his ear?
(a) The devil.
(c) His mother's spirit.
(d) Uncle Mason.
3. Where is Sabbath's mother?
(a) Sabbath has never known her mother.
(b) She is working in Uganda.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is in an insane asylum.
4. What does Meeks sell for a living?
5. How long did Mason Tarwater spend in the mental institution before his release?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 16 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the earth moving machine that tears up the land at the end of the story "A View of the Woods"?
2. How many slaves did Julain's grandfather own on his plantation?
3. What does Asbury think the water stain on his wall resembles?
4. Why does the pitchman become angry with the young girl accompanying the blind preacher?
5. In what type of establishment did Mason live when he was not in the mental institution?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)