|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everything That Rises Must Converge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Asbury been away from his mother before returning in the story "The Enduring Chill"?
(a) Four days.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four weeks.
2. What does Mr. Greenleaf do for Mrs. May?
(a) He is her handy man.
(b) All of the above.
(c) He is her gardener.
(d) He is her farmer.
3. How long has Mr. Greenleaf worked for Mrs. May in the story "Greenleaf"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. How does Hazel Motes travel home after his stint in the military?
(a) By airplane.
(b) By train.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By boat.
5. Why does the pitchman become angry with the young girl accompanying the blind preacher?
(a) Because she is wearing a bathing suit.
(b) Because she is cursing.
(c) Because she is threatening his customers.
(d) Because she is handing out flyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Enoch Emory work?
2. What does Motes fill his shoes with as penance for sins?
3. What gift does Sheppard give to Rufus to "enlighten him"?
4. What type of animal kills Mrs. May?
5. What is the name of the lodge Rayber takes Francis to during their one-on-one fishing trip?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)