|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Everything That Rises Must Converge.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Watts do for a living?
(a) She is a drug dealer.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is an exotic dancer.
(d) She is a police officer.
2. What topic of conversation arises right before Motes dies that forces him to leave the house, swearing he will never return?
3. How long has it been since Motes drove a car before purchasing his new car in Taulkinham?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Motes has never driven a car.
(d) Five years.
4. Why does the pitchman become angry with the young girl accompanying the blind preacher?
(a) Because she is threatening his customers.
(b) Because she is handing out flyers.
(c) Because she is cursing.
(d) Because she is wearing a bathing suit.
5. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
(a) He doesn't wear shoes.
(b) He drinks whiskey.
(c) He wears a Panama hat.
(d) He drives a lavender-colored car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Mr. Greenleaf worked for Mrs. May in the story "Greenleaf"?
2. What does Motes use to blind himself?
3. Which of the following activities does Rufus regularly engage in?
4. What does Enoch Emory believe is "the new Jesus"?
5. Where is Motes' body found by two policemen shortly before his death?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)