|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rayber react to the news that his uncle, Mason, is dead?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is saddened.
2. How does Francis react when he finds Mason's still on the farm?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is terrified.
3. Who collects Motes' government checks after he blinds himself?
(a) Mrs. Watts.
(c) Asa Hawks.
4. Which of the following descriptions of the man who attacks Francis in the woods is NOT true?
(a) He drinks whiskey.
(b) He doesn't wear shoes.
(c) He drives a lavender-colored car.
(d) He wears a Panama hat.
5. What is Francis' first impression of Rayber?
(a) That he is a prophet.
(b) That he is a wimp.
(c) That he is a heathen.
(d) That he is a kind man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Motes' grandfather do for a living when he was still alive?
2. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
3. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
4. How long did Hazel Motes spend in the military before returning home?
5. Where does Motes' actually die?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)