|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Rayber's ears are "deaf to the Holy word"?
2. What does George Rayber do for a living?
(a) He is a mechanic.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a pastor.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
4. What food item does the first truck driver give to Francis before dropping him off at the side of the road?
(a) An orange.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A cookie.
(d) An ice cream bar.
5. Which of the following Biblical stories does Francis think about after his sexual assault?
(a) The creation of man and animals.
(b) Leading the lamb to the slaughter.
(c) Feeding the multitude with bread and fish.
(d) Jonah being swallowed into the belly of a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
2. Which of Mason's relatives was considered to be an evil drunk incapable of being saved?
3. Which of the following characters shouted these words: "The prophet I raise up out of this boy will burn your eyes clean!" ?
4. How does Hazel Motes travel home after his stint in the military?
5. How does Motes kill Shoals?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)