|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis' first impression of Rayber?
(a) That he is a wimp.
(b) That he is a prophet.
(c) That he is a kind man.
(d) That he is a heathen.
2. Who witnesses the light leaving Motes' eyes right before he dies?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His landlady.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His business partner.
3. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
4. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) The house.
(b) The woods.
(c) His clothes.
(d) Mason's body.
5. When Francis leaves the woods for the last time, what does he promise himself that he will do with his life?
(a) Become a school teacher.
(b) Become a prophet.
(c) Become an astronaut.
(d) Become a father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Rayber's body was irrevocably damaged during his altercation with Mason about Francis' kidnapping?
2. Outside which building does Motes typically preach his sermons?
3. What does Francis drink until he is drunk after Mason's death?
4. As a young boy, what did Motes want to be when he grew up?
5. What sin causes Motes to fill his shoes in Taulkinham?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)