|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rayber say to the innkeeper that deeply annoys Francis?
(a) That Francis is a prophet.
(b) That Francis is an orphan.
(c) That Francis is a world class fisherman.
(d) That Francis is his son.
2. At what time of day does Motes reach his old homestead after serving time in the military?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 4:00 am.
(d) 9:00 am.
3. As a young boy, what did Motes want to be when he grew up?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A race car driver.
4. How does Motes feel about the blind preacher's religious style?
(a) He is apathetic to it.
(b) He is in awe of it.
(c) He does not approve of it.
(d) He is confused by it.
5. What does Mrs. Watts do for a living?
(a) She is a drug dealer.
(b) She is a police officer.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She is an exotic dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon did Mason pull on Rayber when he came to collect Francis after the kidnapping?
2. Which character believes that he has "Wise Blood"?
3. What does Enoch Emory believe is "the new Jesus"?
4. What does Francis claim to have lost at the building where the congregational revival took place?
5. Where did Motes' family disappear off to before he arrived home?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)