|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a letter threatening death to whomever tried to steal the furniture in the house?
(a) Motes' brother.
(b) Motes' mother.
(c) Motes' father.
(d) Motes' sister.
2. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
3. On his first night back at home, where does Motes sleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the bathroom.
4. How does Francis know that he has been sexually assaulted?
(a) His hands are tied together.
(b) He is in pain.
(c) His clothes are on backward.
(d) All of the above.
5. How does Francis react to Rayber's offer to let him baptize Bishop?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Hazel Motes when he was drafted into the army?
2. How did Asa Hawks become blind?
3. What is the one question Hazel Motes asks Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock?
4. When "The Violent Bear it Away" opens, how long has Mason Tarwater been dead?
5. How old was Mason Tarwater when he died?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)