|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Violent Bear it Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis set fire to before returning to the city?
(a) The woods.
(b) The house.
(c) His clothes.
(d) Mason's body.
2. What falls from the roof of the house, cutting Motes' face?
(a) A board.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A rock.
(d) An icicle.
3. In what state did Mason Tarwater live?
4. What part of Rayber's body was irrevocably damaged during his altercation with Mason about Francis' kidnapping?
(a) His legs.
(b) His hands.
(c) His ears.
(d) His eyes.
5. Why did Mason try to kidnap Reyber's son, Bishop?
(a) To worship him.
(b) All of the above.
(c) To sacrifice him.
(d) To baptize him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the military did Hazel Motes serve in?
2. What does Meeks sell for a living?
3. What weapon did Mason pull on Rayber when he came to collect Francis after the kidnapping?
4. Which type of truck does Motes hitch a ride from to get from Melsey to his hometown?
5. How does Motes feel when Mrs. Wally Bee Hitchcock starts a conversation with him?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)